Unbeaten

Just got done watching it. Was perpetually choking up from the moment they got to his death onward.

My FCA leader in high school told me about her experience driving to the event that Brook was going to speak at that night. It was the statewide high school FCA convention and she was the 2nd car of of a caravan on the way to Lincoln from Rising City full of kids. The first car found out about it via the radio on the way there, and she found out by seeing a sign they had hastily scribbled and held up in the rear window, "Brook Berringer is dead."

Also got to talk with Ron Brown at length about Brook one time. One of the best conversations I've ever had and I hardly said a word.

I dont recall, but did they ever determine what caused the plane crash?

In regards to the show, I thought it was very well done. I had forgotten how big of a dick Tommy is/was. I get that he was a competitor back then, but it still seems like he holds ill will all these years later.

In regards to the show, I thought it was very well done. I had forgotten how big of a dick Tommy is/was. I get that he was a competitor back then, but it still seems like he holds ill will all these years later.

Yeah, I remember when the NTSB report came out, saying it was pilot error, and google confirms what I recall. Pilot error, with strong winds also a factor. He failed to open a fuel valve enough on takeoff so the plane wasn't getting enough power.

http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1997/Error-winds-blamed-for-crash-that-killed-former-Huskers-quarterback/id-1017f691a236857832a253e4c2b6b368

From the owner's quote, it sounds like he didn't miss something obvious, but rather failed to notice something different, in that the lever was usually on but wasn't this time.

Also got to talk with Ron Brown at length about Brook one time. One of the best conversations I've ever had and I hardly said a word.

Coach Brown came to our school and spoke at an assembly in '96, and he waited after the assembly until all the students got a chance to visit with him. I've always had nothing but respect for Ron.

Tommy's words didn't seem to have a single ounce of empathy or or mourning.

I have watched "Unbeaten" twice. She'd tears both times. Not normal for a person like me. If you have not seen it or refuse to watch it I highly recommend you watch it. Yes it will bring back memories you have probably forgotten about or don't really want to remember. More importantly this show reminded us that football is only a game and those playing it really are human. We make mistakes. We have to learn to live with others decisions even if we don't like them. Life does matter. Brooke Berringer was a classic example of what we all should strive to be like. He only wanted a chance and when he got it he made the most of it. Thank you B1G for a job well done.

Tommy's words didn't seem to have a single ounce of empathy or or mourning.

There was some empathy. But he just tells it point blank how it was, which I respect. Don't sugar coat things because he's gone, just be honest. They were two totally different people and never friends.