Yesterday's QB Comparison - Siemian vs. Armstrong

knapplc

going into this game they flashed up stats... Siemian was a 59% passer wth 4TDs and 5INTs. Armstrong was a 52% passer with 10TDs and 5INTs. I'll take the 52% passer any day of the week as long as he distributes to playmakers, limits mistakes, and leads the team/offense. That 59% hasn't done Siemian any good at all, but to some on this board you'd think he'd be leading a 1 loss team that could hang 45 on us.

My buddy and I keep talking about how TA has changed his running style. Go back and look at last year, he ran with conviction and power. Now he looks like TMart out there running like he is scared to get hit. It is almost like the coaches are changing the way he wants to run the ball.

He doesn't run scared. He doesn't have a ton of wiggle so he may get caught in between moves sometimes, but he doesn't run scared.

I wonder how much the long, wet grass they played on the last two weeks effected the running game. It's turf the rest of the season, so I wonder if these two games will stand out on the stat line.

A side note, with how heavily everything else is regulated in football, even to the point of what can be painted on the field(hashtags are forbidden by the NCAA), why is the playing surface not regulated?

Well,,either the zone reads are pre determined gives, or TA is blowing a lot of reads at times.

A little of column A, a little of column B?

Martinez had the same thing his freshman and sophomore years, they were predetermined reads for the most part and some blown reads as well. Around junior year he started to make the reads a lot better and the zone read game became a lot more effective. Hopefully we'll see the same thing happen with TA.