*** The Official Rutgers Scarlet Knights Game Discussion Thread ***

knapplc

AA comes in and BOOM, score out of the diamond.

Beck would be the smartest OC in FBS if he would read this board every week. Diamond needs to be more prominent in this O with teams stuffing the box to stop AA.

The reason that diamond formation works so well is because it's a balanced formation. We can make an audible and no one has to shift. That is why Osborne loved to use balanced sets out of the I-Formation, Ace, and Shotgun.

It also puts so many weapons and speed in the backfield that the defense is really pretty much screwed when we use it.

Exactly! You could have 3 running backs, or I-Formation personnel, or 2 tight ends...the possibilities are endless. In a way it's a glorified version of Osborne's "OzBone" or Power-I formation.

Are people impressed by this? This bad football. Rutgers is likely to lose out. Not a championship mentality and it starts up top.

I feel like your trolling at this point. Stop picking apart every little thing. We're winning, that's the goal. We have this in hand and will be fine. Enjoy a sound husker win. We didn't bury them but were winning big. Relax and gbr

• Fire 1

Are people impressed by this? This bad football. Rutgers is likely to lose out. Not a championship mentality and it starts up top.

I feel like your trolling at this point. Stop picking apart every little thing. We're winning, that's the goal. We have this in hand and will be fine. Enjoy a sound husker win. We didn't bury them but were winning big. Relax and gbr

I'm not trolling at all. We look bad today. Winning against Rutgers means very little, it's about being great. Something this team is a long way from being.

AA comes in and BOOM, score out of the diamond.

Beck would be the smartest OC in FBS if he would read this board every week. Diamond needs to be more prominent in this O with teams stuffing the box to stop AA.

The reason that diamond formation works so well is because it's a balanced formation. We can make an audible and no one has to shift. That is why Osborne loved to use balanced sets out of the I-Formation, Ace, and Shotgun.

I'm not only a huge fan of the diamond formation, but with Nebraska's roster, I'm a fan of the diamond personnel grouping. You can go up tempo with bell, westerkamp, AA, Newby, and Cross. Diamond formation. Three wide with newby split out, four wide with,Newby and AA split out. You have it all there, power run, horizontal spread, vertical spread. How can a defense substitute to stop that, especially uptempo?