Huskers Have Fourth-Most Expected Wins per Football Outsiders

Mavric

I am not sure of what to make of Purdue...coaches that take over bad teams have a plan

1. Year one: Lose big (its expected)

2. Year two: Lose close (signs of progress)

3. Year three: Win close (getting over that hump)

4. Year four: Win big

They might be on track for year 2...I don't know if I ever see them winning big but I could see them being favorites (in the future) over:

Indiana

Illinois

Minny

Northwestern

Iowa

Rutgers

Maryland

Some pretty high win chances there. 96.5% to beat Purdue? LOL. Two weeks ago they put a scare into Michigan St, you think it's not just a little more possible they could upset us? Ohio St 96.7% over Michigan? You don't think there's a little more chance for Michigan, bad as their season has been, to wake up for a rivalry game and try to salvage their season? Those numbers are Ohio State over Northwestern or Nebraska over Kansas in the 70s and 80s, not the parity of football these days.

I think the statistical models this guy is using really likes Nebraska right now. In some other articles I've read by him he's pumped them up. If you look at the 3 wins in conference play so far Nebraska has won by a margin of 42-18 and Purdue is grading out in line with those opponents. If you also look at this guy's picks they are pretty accurate for teams that he has a 90-100% chance of winning they have been 78-3 (96%) on the season.

Yeah, I dunno about tOSU being 96.7% certainty to beat Meechicken. It's a rival game. Like USC/UCLA. Anything can happen.

That said, I don't think Urban will relax one bit preparing for this one. And I don't think Brady Hoke has much left in the tank.

Maybe you forget how bad Michigan has been this year?

I gotta say, with a win this weekend we move to 8-1 heading tinto the second bye. The pressure will certainly be on. Having already had a bye before a road game we should know mentally what we need to do to prepare. I dont see us coming out flat atainst Wiscy. Big chance to turn in a marquee season.

Some pretty high win chances there. 96.5% to beat Purdue? LOL. Two weeks ago they put a scare into Michigan St, you think it's not just a little more possible they could upset us? Ohio St 96.7% over Michigan? You don't think there's a little more chance for Michigan, bad as their season has been, to wake up for a rivalry game and try to salvage their season? Those numbers are Ohio State over Northwestern or Nebraska over Kansas in the 70s and 80s, not the parity of football these days.

I think the statistical models this guy is using really likes Nebraska right now. In some other articles I've read by him he's pumped them up. If you look at the 3 wins in conference play so far Nebraska has won by a margin of 42-18 and Purdue is grading out in line with those opponents. If you also look at this guy's picks they are pretty accurate for teams that he has a 90-100% chance of winning they have been 78-3 (96%) on the season.

Yeah, I dunno about tOSU being 96.7% certainty to beat Meechicken. It's a rival game. Like USC/UCLA. Anything can happen.

That said, I don't think Urban will relax one bit preparing for this one. And I don't think Brady Hoke has much left in the tank.

Maybe you forget how bad Michigan has been this year?

No, it's true they've pretty much sucked this year. Except for beating Penn State they really haven't had any high points. But even though they sucked last year (slightly less sucky than this year), the tOSU game was decided by one point. In favor of the Bucknuts.