Husker Defense and Offense ppg stats.

Statistically Nebraska's Offense and Defense points per game stats vs each game individually vs Opponents averages.

Without digging too deep into the depths of statistics of team offense and defense.

Nebraska Offense average ppg = 40

Opponents Defense average ppg given up. (I rounded up or down the decimal)

vs FAU = 35 (we scored 55, +20)

vs McNeese = 21 (we scored 31, +10)

vs Fresno = 37 (we scored 55, +18)

vs Miami = 22 (we scored 41, +19)

vs Illinois = 37 (we scored 45, +8)

vs Michigan St = 20 (we scored 22, +2)

vs Northwestern = 24 (we scored 38, +14)

vs Rutgers = 29 (we scored 42, +13)

vs Purdue = 32 (we scored 35, +3) despite playing horrible on that side of the ball we were still able to score more than their average on defense.

Total = +107 / 9 games = 12 ppg higher than defenses average giving up.

Opponents Offense ppg vs our Defense (We give up 20 ppg.)

vs FAU = 24 (they scored 7, -17)
vs McNeese = 38 (they scored 24, -14)

vs Fresno = 27 (they scored 19, -8)

vs Miami = 33 (they scored 31, -2)

vs Illinois = 27 (they scored 14, -13)

vs Michigan St = 46 (they scored 27, -19)

vs Northwestern = 19 (they scored 17, -2)

vs Rutgers = 24 (they scored 24, +/-0)

vs Purdue = 27 (they scored 14, -13)

Total = -88 / 9 = 10 ppg lower that offense average scoring.

We've consistently beat the averages. Granted I know each average changes each week. Interesting nonetheless if you are a stats guy, like me. Take it for what it's worth. Maybe nothing.

• Fire 7

This helps me step back from the edge a bit, it really does.

I'm not a Beck supporter, but the results are there. This final stretch has me worried a bit. We just have to stop being so sloppy and the execution has got to improve. Tommy is taking steps backward not forward and I'm not sure our OC is helping him much.

Go Big Red! Just got to improve this late in the year, not take steps back.

Defense and special teams are really hitting their stride. Big props to them.

Great work up man! +1.

I think the thing that gets most of us is we can easily see the sloppiness and poor execution at times in spite of the overall numbers. Then we start playing the "what if" game. How many points could we score if TA didn't throw a poor pick or miss a handful of open receivers per game. Or if the D didn't have a big breakdown or give up scores on opening drives? We then extrapolate how much better the stats could be instead of being happy with the relatively great product we already have on the field.

Way to bring us back down to earth!

I suppose this could go here. I really enjoy watching our Defense, they are fun to watch.....like almost 2010 fun.

I'm gonna do myself a favor-and everyone on the board for that matter-and try to talk more positively about the play of the defense and punt return unit. Defense is really starting to hit their stride. You can just see it. And while yesterday, we didnt Gregory make an impact on the stat sheet, we have to understand that that's not what it's always about to be effective. And seeing our Dtackles play just arouses me. Even the sh**ty game in East Lansing, them guys were ballin. And Kevin William's recent and sudden success and impact really makes me so proud and happy for him. I think this defense is rapidly transpiring into the unit we dreamed of with this influx of upgraded talent.