Path to the Top 4

Amac3309

Would I be correct in these assumptions for Nebraska's (admittedly long) CFP hopes:

1. Generally speaking we want the underdog to win and win big.

2. In teams ranked above us at the time of the game, we'd prefer scenario 1, but almost as good (even better?) for the losing team regardless of ranking to get utterly blown out so they fall past us in the rankings?

I'm sure there are a couple exceptions, where we want a team to stay ranked well until a specific game. But those will probably change weekly for our hopes to stay alive.

Please correct any bad assumptions I have.

Also, I hope we keep this thread updated weekly with best outcomes for the Huskers. Of course, we have to win out along the way, the bigger the better. I harbor hope that we can do so, but won't be disappointed if we don't. The team has generally played as well as I hoped thus far into the season.

Best wishes,

Flood

Would I be correct in these assumptions for Nebraska's (admittedly long) CFP hopes:

2. In teams ranked above us at the time of the game, we'd prefer scenario 1, but almost as good (even better?) for the losing team regardless of ranking to get utterly blown out so they fall past us in the rankings?

I'm sure there are a couple exceptions, where we want a team to stay ranked well until a specific game. But those will probably change weekly for our hopes to stay alive.

Also, I hope we keep this thread updated weekly with best outcomes for the Huskers. Of course, we have to win out along the way, the bigger the better. I harbor hope that we can do so, but won't be disappointed if we don't. The team has generally played as well as I hoped thus far into the season.

Best wishes,

Flood

I think you are right. The Domers will drop below us, and if the A&M game keeps this way I kinda see Auburn dropping as well. I want Sparty to win, that way if we make it to the conf champ they should be ranked very high.

Best wishes,

Flood

I think you are right. The Domers will drop below us, and if the A&M game keeps this way I kinda see Auburn dropping as well. I want Sparty to win, that way if we make it to the conf champ they should be ranked very high.

I think tOSU wining would be bad for us, I bet they would jump us and MSU would stay above us also.

My biggest fear is a bunch of 2 loss SEC teams that have beaten each other so you can't really tell who is good because they would all be ranked ahead of us, if LSU wins they would jump us as well

Best wishes,

Flood

Yeah, it's pretty much like it's always been, with the only difference being that we just need to be in the top 4 at the end, not the top 2. So there are some situations like, we might want Miss St to win out and knock other SEC West teams completely out so there is only one SEC team. At this point the SEC is the only conference I see with a shot to get 2 teams in. Auburn losing would help a lot to prevent that.

Some of those teams may not be out with 2 losses, but they should be behind us if we win out. There have been plenty of years where there hasn't been 4 teams with 0 or 1 losses, IIRC.