Let's Admit that Wisconsin Scares Us . . .

Alrighty then football is a game of matchups, their O line more than matches up with our D-line Our strength on D really lies in the secondary while our D-lines strength is in rushing the passer, that will not be a major factor in this game i fear We have trouble stopping the power run game our backer are below average in speed and open field tackling, So we will have to run zero cov some time but stavi is just good enough to keep us honest. As far as skilled people go other than running back they "don't need them"! This game will be won in the trenches where they have a decided advantage. So to really have a good chance to win this one we will have to be effective throwing and I don't just mean the deep ball . So in summation to say we go into there house and win by 14 illustrates a "homer" attitude Now can we win this game if tommie has a great game and beck is able to put together a game plan that plays to our strength , but history that doesn't happen to often. Fact is if we play this game with the same team in there house at this same time I think they win 8out of 10 times.

Hey it might be a homer attitude for whomever you are referencing, but since when did being a Husker homer become a bad thing. In my opinion a Husker message board is a great place for a homer. This place could probably use a few more "homers" to be honest with you.

Two things I see wrong here in your statement. If Tommy Armstrong and his running and throwing ability isn't enough to keep defenses honest, why would Nebraska show any respect to Stave? They shouldn't. We should be able to handle their WR's one on one, I like our secondary's chances against anybody, and they've proven effective year after year. History says so.

Secondly, what is this decided advantage in the trenches? What in the hell? Nobody in the country has a decided advantage over Randy Gregory, Maliek Collins, Vincent Valentine and McMullen. There may be some SEC teams that would give us a good battle, but honestly, nobody is decidedly better than those guys. As far as our offensive line stacking up against their defensive line I would question our ability. Simply because I don't think our offensive line has played very well. Abdullah is a great back and the offensive line deserves some credit, but I believe they can be much better than they've been. On the positive side, I really like the guys we've started rotating in, Moudy, Price and Reeves. I hope to see each of them out there for the majority.

The difference is there run game is seriously good, that is what they do. And we can only hope AA is 100% And being a homer is not a bad thing but to say we are going into there house and rockin them by 14 doesn't really show a good knowledge of the game.

I've come to the realization I'm going to need an internal translator for your posts since you tend to exaggerate. Thinking we'll win by 14+ means you're a "homer." Beating a team by 14 means you're "rockin" them. Thinking we've had two impressive wins this year means you're insane.

Translations using appropriate words:

Winning by 14 at Wisconsin is unlikely.

Beating a decent team by 14 means you're a decent team.

I don't agree that we've had two impressive wins.

Thanx for that translation my point being that saying we are going into thier house and winning by 14 when we are a 6.5 pt dog might be rockin them slightly. Anyway I"m insane? I have no idea what you mean by 2 impressive wins I never referenced that in this thread.

Alrighty then football is a game of matchups, their O line more than matches up with our D-line Our strength on D really lies in the secondary while our D-lines strength is in rushing the passer, that will not be a major factor in this game i fear We have trouble stopping the power run game our backer are below average in speed and open field tackling, So we will have to run zero cov some time but stavi is just good enough to keep us honest. As far as skilled people go other than running back they "don't need them"! This game will be won in the trenches where they have a decided advantage. So to really have a good chance to win this one we will have to be effective throwing and I don't just mean the deep ball . So in summation to say we go into there house and win by 14 illustrates a "homer" attitude Now can we win this game if tommie has a great game and beck is able to put together a game plan that plays to our strength , but history that doesn't happen to often. Fact is if we play this game with the same team in there house at this same time I think they win 8out of 10 times.

Hey it might be a homer attitude for whomever you are referencing, but since when did being a Husker homer become a bad thing. In my opinion a Husker message board is a great place for a homer. This place could probably use a few more "homers" to be honest with you.

Two things I see wrong here in your statement. If Tommy Armstrong and his running and throwing ability isn't enough to keep defenses honest, why would Nebraska show any respect to Stave? They shouldn't. We should be able to handle their WR's one on one, I like our secondary's chances against anybody, and they've proven effective year after year. History says so.

Secondly, what is this decided advantage in the trenches? What in the hell? Nobody in the country has a decided advantage over Randy Gregory, Maliek Collins, Vincent Valentine and McMullen. There may be some SEC teams that would give us a good battle, but honestly, nobody is decidedly better than those guys. As far as our offensive line stacking up against their defensive line I would question our ability. Simply because I don't think our offensive line has played very well. Abdullah is a great back and the offensive line deserves some credit, but I believe they can be much better than they've been. On the positive side, I really like the guys we've started rotating in, Moudy, Price and Reeves. I hope to see each of them out there for the majority.

The difference is there run game is seriously good, that is what they do. And we can only hope AA is 100% And being a homer is not a bad thing but to say we are going into there house and rockin them by 14 doesn't really show a good knowledge of the game.

I've come to the realization I'm going to need an internal translator for your posts since you tend to exaggerate. Thinking we'll win by 14+ means you're a "homer." Beating a team by 14 means you're "rockin" them. Thinking we've had two impressive wins this year means you're insane.

Thanx for that translation my point being that saying we are going into thier house and winning by 14 when we are a 6.5 pt dog might be rockin them slightly. Anyway I"m insane? I have no idea what you mean by 2 impressive wins I never referenced that in this thread.

I'm referencing your post in the 2nd most impressive win topic calling people who think we have a 2nd impressive victory insane. (I don't think we have a 2nd impressive victory but it's not "insane" to think we do). You just use a lot of over the top phrasing is all.

You may be the first person ever to call me a homer. Congrats.

Instead of calling my quick response crap, why don't you tell everyone how good Wisconsin is, what skill players outside of RB impress you and why we wouldn't run zero coverage against them. I look forward to your analytical breakdown.

Zero coverage? You want no help over the top. Hoooooo Kay.

If Nebraska beats Wisconsin by 14 or more I will be floored. And drunk. And probably found frozen to a light pole outside of state st brats the next morning.

Zero coverage? You want no help over the top. Hoooooo Kay.

That's exactly what I expect, make Stave beat us with their below average (outside of RB) skill players.

You can zero or 3 deep...either way gives you an extra defender...you don't have your ends rush the QB but instead penetrated 2 yards deep and your edge is set. It is high school football 101 vs sweep teams.

Wisky is an expertise of running jet sweeps plays. Our defense can't figure it out stopping jet sweep. Yes, I'm scared. And guaranteed no Wisky turnovers both fumbling and interceptions. Plus UW will cost less than 20 yards penalties aided by crooked ref's.

The money incentive for the refs would favor Nebraska. The Big Ten gets more money by having a playoff team and if Nebraska wins the Big Ten Championship game will have a chance at being between two 11-1 teams. I'm not saying anything like that would happen, just that the incentive is the other way. (If the W-L records were the other way around, so would my supposition.)

Who ever said they were not afraid of the UW QBs and WRs is probably correct. But that poster said there was also no fear of the UW defense. We'll see, but this year's is entirely different than the 2012 or '13 versions. The front seven is decidedly smaller and quicker. Not sure how that will stand up to three straight power running games, but this game is the first of three and that defense did very well against LSU until two of three D-linemen were injured.

All he has to do is beat then four times then. Brilliant.

Instead of Gordon or Clement beating us four times?! Talk about brilliant...

They have no WR's or TE's that you have to be "worried" about, loading up the box is a good play.

They are 117th in the nation in passing yards.

I'd feel comfortable with 8 in the box and Gerry playing deep. Whoever said that Stave has the advantage over TA in the passing game is sadly misinformed. He's barely average as a passer. McEvoy is worse. He couldn't hit water falling out of a boat.

The nice thing about having Gerry is that he is supremely talented at deep coverage but athletic and has the wheels to come up in run support and cutoff a RB if they do manage to get the edge on our front.

All he has to do is beat then four times then. Brilliant.

Instead of Gordon or Clement beating us four times?! Talk about brilliant...

They have no WR's or TE's that you have to be "worried" about, loading up the box is a good play.

They are 117th in the nation in passing yards.

I'd feel comfortable with 8 in the box and Gerry playing deep. Whoever said that Stave has the advantage over TA in the passing game is sadly misinformed. He's barely average as a passer. McEvoy is worse. He couldn't hit water falling out of a boat.

The nice thing about having Gerry is that he is supremely talented at deep coverage but athletic and has the wheels to come up in run support and cutoff a RB if they do manage to get the edge on our front.

Gerry playing deep isn't what he's talking about.