I have mutiple people telling me we can't win out and beat Minne, Whisky and Iowa.

Here is why some are shaking their heads. You may be too young to remember:

The victory over the Huskers put ISU football in the spotlight and put a blemish in the Tom Osborne era at the storied Husker program.

The Cyclones handed Osborne his only loss to a team with a losing record, his first loss to a Big 8 Conference team not named Colorado or Oklahoma since 1978, and it gave Husker quarterback Tommy Frazier his only loss to a Big 8 team.

Anything can happen in any game. ISU was terrible that year. Nebraska was in contention for a possible MNC. In at least two other years I remember, the Huskers could have added 2 MORE MNC's to the case in the 90's. Things happen. No win is guaranteed.

I agree. We will likely win at least 2 of the next 3. The third could be a toss-up. Or we could lose em all. Or win em all. Having been humbled by the Callahan years and watching a 9 or 10 win coach fired for not winning the 'right' games will put things in perspective a bit.

I hope we win em all. And I hope we somehow end up in the playoffs. I hope we win the first CFP. I also hope we don't get badly embarrassed in any of those games. Is it better to make it to a MNC and lose by 45 or more, or not to make it at all? I don't know, even after our lucky trip in 2001. It's not worth thinking about at the moment. One thing, one game at a time. I think that's what most are saying or trying to.

No problem man, we all have to learn. Appreciate your comments.

We seem to be hardest on the over board sunshine pumpers and the end of everything doom and gloom. Most have come to realize it is a game played that we really control nothing, and have seen greatness and the opposite. Again I am sorry for my comments I made. I should have been far more welcoming. I will be in the future.

Thanks. I'm new here and will catch on and will use the status update. The boards I've posted on before you just straight up post. So I'm sorry.

No worries. Welcome.

On another note, Wisky threw more today than in the past few games and also used the 2 QB system very well. Unsure if this was by design or to "put stuff on film" for our D.

Their LB's were good. Very. They covered well and had speed to get to the edge. My hope is Beck has designed a game plan around our strengths and not hoping to go up tempo and "catch their D out of position". They are to well coached. We need to have a plan to negate their pressure. Our OL, as Beck normally calls, will not be able to block 7 with 5. Need to plan to use a FB or 2 back set to help. Hell, TA can't progress through reads so I wouldn't be sending out trips (maybe occasionally), but not 4 guys into routes. We'll need to block. Their #47 will run around Sterup. Without a good game plan, we lose. Plain and simple IMO.

We will really see how bad we miss Rose in this game. They throw a lot to the RB in the flats and the TE. Our Kryptonite. Only Zaire has the speed to go side line to side line. Maybe throw Love out there. His speed could cover up some mistakes in his "knowledge". Lavonte David says hello......

IF we win, the B1G West is ours. Not worried about Iowa or Minnie.

I agree with most of what was stated in the first 10 or so replies. NU should be favored to win all games except the CCG, and has the talent to win the CCG. I expect at least one loss because you can't mishandle multiple snaps a game and throw multiple interceptions and expect to win against tough competition. The huge improvement in special teams has me excited. Not only can we return punts, but we can block them too. With a couple of the younger players are starting to emerge on defense, there is reason to believe a one loss season and BIG championship is possible. It all comes down to AA's health, the ability to handle snaps, and TA not throwing interceptions.

Thanks. I'm new here and will catch on and will use the status update. The boards I've posted on before you just straight up post. So I'm sorry.

Busier boards probably don't notice, but on boards like this necro bumps and duplicate/spam posts get noticed (and trolled) easily...

By the way, was there really 37 other HUSKERFOREVER's?

I still worry that we end up losing to Wisconsin and Minny and then lose our bowl game making us 9-4

Which would absolutely suck. I am just ready to get over the 9 win hump. If we don't win the B1G, at least go 12-2/11-3 at worse. Show a marked improvement with the whole 4 loss crap........

I completely agree I just think Wisconsin and Minny are very capable of beating us if we aren't on top of our game. I think Iowa blows and see it as a W. Other 2 are currently a complete toss up at this point

We beat Wisconsin there is no way we lose to Minny in my opinion. Regardless if we lose to Wiscy or not we won't lose two in a row, Bo has shown we rarely do that. Wiscy will show the way for the last 3 games. I say a close win in Madison makes the stadium a giant poop show for Minnesota. Can't wait, college football is great. Go Big Red (Sorry for being scatter brained, I am struggling to express my thoughts in organized fashion tonight)

PS: I hate Urban, that is all