OWH Shatel discusses possible trophies for UW - UN

So.......

We demand to be inserted into a big ten rivalry with Wisconsin, only they don't want it and we thing the tradition is stupid.

We also think we are above the CU and Iowa rivalries, even though we all hated CU and Iowa torched us last year, at home.

And we get mad when other fans call us arrogant and misguided.

We are such an odd fanbase

How's the view up there?

The bleeping B1G and their stupid bleeping trophy games.

What a bleeping joke

Says the guy who bitches about everything.

The rest of college football laughs at these silly meaningless little trophy games.

We used to have a trophy game.

Against Oklahoma.

It was called the Big 8 championship.

• Fire 2

The bleeping B1G and their stupid bleeping trophy games.

What a bleeping joke

Says the guy who bitches about everything.

The rest of college football laughs at these silly meaningless little trophy games.

Do they, because every conference has trophy games.

http://Shatel: For Nebraska-Wisconsin trophy, loser is made to see red

Do you feel there should be a trophy between Wisconsin and Nebraska????????????????????

I like the idea of the winner having the right to wear red jerseys the next year as a claim on the "Big Red" nickname. But I also like the idea of the winner of the NU-NW game "earning" the right to be called "NU," with the loser being "NW" or "UNL," or whatever. To me, those are actual conflicts between the schools. As opposed to the manufactured "Heroes" game, or whatever the Iowa thing is supposed to be.

The Iowa game has no extra spice for me. It may as well be Illinois or whoever else. I don't know why some fans bought into this idea they would be our "natural" rival because they were in a bordering state- Iowa State, Kansas, Missouri and Kansas State were never rivals, and they are also in bordering states.

http://Shatel: For Nebraska-Wisconsin trophy, loser is made to see red

Do you feel there should be a trophy between Wisconsin and Nebraska????????????????????

I like the idea of the winner having the right to wear red jerseys the next year as a claim on the "Big Red" nickname. But I also like the idea of the winner of the NU-NW game "earning" the right to be called "NU," with the loser being "NW" or "UNL," or whatever. To me, those are actual conflicts between the schools. As opposed to the manufactured "Heroes" game, or whatever the Iowa thing is supposed to be.

The Iowa game has no extra spice for me. It may as well be Illinois or whoever else. I don't know why some fans bought into this idea they would be our "natural" rival because they were in a bordering state- Iowa State, Kansas, Missouri and Kansas State were never rivals, and they are also in bordering states.

I like the idea of a Red Jersey game. I don't know if it's something allowed or not among the rules. The winner gets to wear the Red Jersey. Would be good victory smack and pride for the players/fans. Example.. Huskers beat Wisconsin. The next time they play them (Lincoln or at Camp Randall) the Huskers get to wear the red jersey. Would be fun to see Huskers wear the red jersey three, four, five straight years against them.

• Fire 1