Coach?

hskerprid

I think the problem lies with Bo thinking he needed to promote internally than actually find good coordinators. Mark stoops was available and highly speculated as a good candidate here and Bo promotes an unproven papoopchis.

He went after Stoops. Stoops decided to not come. He also went after Zook. Zook decided to step away from football to persue opportunities outside football.

Remember, it was 6-7 months from the time we knew Carl was gone to the time that Papuchis was named DC. As was said on 1620 yesterday, it's funny how folks clamor at this deal like it was just Bo promoting the buddy, yet they forget it took 7 months and know nothing of what actually went on.

I think the problem lies with Bo thinking he needed to promote internally than actually find good coordinators. Mark stoops was available and highly speculated as a good candidate here and Bo promotes an unproven papoopchis.

He went after Stoops. Stoops decided to not come. He also went after Zook. Zook decided to step away from football to persue opportunities outside football.

Remember, it was 6-7 months from the time we knew Carl was gone to the time that Papuchis was named DC. As was said on 1620 yesterday, it's funny how folks clamor at this deal like it was just Bo promoting the buddy, yet they forget it took 7 months and know nothing of what actually went on.

I thought I heard that Pelini was told who he could and could not get rid of (Beck, Paps). Did I hear this correctly or am I misremembering?

I thought I heard that Pelini was told who he could and could not get rid of (Beck, Paps). Did I hear this correctly or am I misremembering?

He couldn't get rid of Watson and Gilmore when he was hired because Tom thought it would be good to keep them.

He couldn't get rid of Watson and Gilmore when he was hired because Tom thought it would be good to keep them.

Thanks for the clarification. :)

"Recruiting" wouldnt be half the issue-or half as important for that matter'if we had a staff that was capable of designing systems around their talents and skillsets. If we had a staff across the board from position coach to position coach that shared the same philosophies.

Think about this. We have an OC, Beck, that is a pass-happy spread guy, coaching dual-threat qb's with the aid of a GA qb coach from the WestCoast offense behind an offensive line obviously built more for power, coached by a power guy.

Looks like a quagmeyer of different ideas to me. no wonder we have issues.

Not to mention a golf instructor coaching the WRs!

While we are on coaches, why not look at Lance Leipold. He is the coach for Wisconsin-Whitewater and has built a powerhouse program there. He might be one that could move up and not skip a beat.

http://www.uwwsports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1277&path=football

I'm a fan of this idea. No need limit your options to division 1A coordinators. Hire a winner and provide him with the resources to win at the highest level. See also: Tim Miles.

"Recruiting" wouldnt be half the issue-or half as important for that matter'if we had a staff that was capable of designing systems around their talents and skillsets. If we had a staff across the board from position coach to position coach that shared the same philosophies.

Think about this. We have an OC, Beck, that is a pass-happy spread guy, coaching dual-threat qb's with the aid of a GA qb coach from the WestCoast offense behind an offensive line obviously built more for power, coached by a power guy.

Looks like a quagmeyer of different ideas to me. no wonder we have issues.

Not to mention a golf instructor coaching the WRs!
5012b8fc86c21.preview-620.jpg

Nuff said.

IF and that's a big IF they said Bo had to hire new OC and DC that wouldn't mean its just two new coaches those guys are going to have their own people they want to bring with them. It would be a completely different staff with maybe a few hold overs. If you have to change an entire staff then you might as well just hire a whole new staff Bo included.

• Fire 1

JMO, but if Bo stays, I don't think there are any changes on the staff.

Why? It allows Bo to hang himself by his own silly pride.

In the past year, Bo has gotten every single resource he has asked for from the AD, and then some. He's got his coaches, and has had no one forced on him. If recruiting falters, it's on Bo. If player development falters, it's on Bo. If coaches are slacking, it's on Bo. If players are getting in trouble, it's on Bo. This is his program, and his vision of it, completely.

If/When it fails, Bo has no ability to point the finger at anyone. Publicly, he may do it in an attempt to save face. But to those who matter, he won't be able to pull that off.

With the players who we will be losing after the season, and the depth issues we have at quite a few positions, next year is going to be an adventure.

• Fire 2