If Bo is let go - who could Nebraska get

Long time lurker and first time poster. I would really like to see someone with Nebraska pedigree run the program. I am personally big on Turner Gill and would like to see him return as HC. Maybe bring Mike Minter in on defense.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Moglia come in with Pelini's pay and then dump cash on an OC and DC that know what they are doing.

Would never happen but I wouldn't mind seeing Gill or Moglia as HC with Frost as OC.

Pay Moglia Pelini's 3 million and give 1.5 mil to Frost. That will get him out of Eugene.

Ought to look at Jim McElwain. Nick Sabin disciple. Doing a good job with limited resources. Would implement a power running scheme.

Seen his name a lot on here, he has a buyout of $7.5M, think we would spring for that?

Buyouts are HIGHLY negotiable. Especially with schools like CSU that would love to have the extra money. They set high buyouts for negotiating purposes b/c they know they won't get the high amount but it gives them a great starting point for haggling.

I like the idea of going after someone like Jack Del Rio, from my understanding he interviewed for USC(alma mater) but was passed over. I know that it is worrisome to go after another NFL guy but Del Rio did a lot with little in Jacksonville and would definitely have the connections and smarts to get able bodied assistants

I like the idea of going after someone like Jack Del Rio, from my understanding he interviewed for USC(alma mater) but was passed over. I know that it is worrisome to go after another NFL guy but Del Rio did a lot with little in Jacksonville and would definitely have the connections and smarts to get able bodied assistants

The fear I have with him, or any NFL guy, is the practice schedule. We saw it in during the dark years, we are hearing about it now, the back-ups do not get enough reps in practice and are not being developed. I fear he would go to the schedule he knows and is comfortable with teaching his system, and that would likely mean the starters getting 70%+ of the reps, the rest learning during position group drills and watching. Just not enough talent development. I personally prefer a college guy, who has a history of developing players.

If Bo is let go I would like to see Jim Harbaugh in Lincoln. His offense especially with Standford and 49ers is Big Ten style. He is visible, recruits will be familiar with the face. His NFL connections will help big time with recruiting. He has Midwestern roots and mentality. He is from the Big Ten. Gives him the option of being at a big time program and not having pressure of being at his alma matter.

The fear I have with him, or any NFL guy, is the practice schedule. We saw it in during the dark years, we are hearing about it now, the back-ups do not get enough reps in practice and are not being developed. I fear he would go to the schedule he knows and is comfortable with teaching his system, and that would likely mean the starters getting 70%+ of the reps, the rest learning during position group drills and watching. Just not enough talent development. I personally prefer a college guy, who has a history of developing players.

yeah. del Rio has ZERO college coaching experience. that's too big of a transition IMO. Someone like Harbaugh would be fine, at least he's been in the game.