WR: Fisher

TE: ?

OL: Ed Orgeron or Recruiting Coordinator

DC: Muschamp

LB: ?

DB: Warren

DL: Kaz

ST?

I know Pelini is very aware that things are not working offensively. The OL is a wreck and our running game has come to a halt.....in large part because the OL just isn't solid. I know Frost, Pelini, and Osborne have talked previously but didn't progress. So my question.....and I truly do not know the answer......would Frost as OC even be possible? I do think it's a high likelihood we move in a different direction from Beck.

My understanding was that frost wanted OC. Not co-OC, not passing game OC, not Assist. HC/QB's. Bo wasn't going to replace Beck at that time. Now might be a different story.

I think the other stipulation would have to be that Frost has free reign with the offense. I still suspect Bo has some strong input with the offensive game plan/calling

I've been saying it for years, but we need to open up the checkbook and see what you can land. No one is out of reach. In a couple years with the full B1G TV rights we will be making more money than our athletic department will even know what to do with. With that kind of expected windfall there is no reason paying someone 6-7 million a year is out of the question. That puts just about every coach in the world in play.

"The Pederson Plan"

I suspect your plan is called "Hope" You must have gotten that one from our president.

Check some of the universities who have opened their checkbooks.......let me know if it led to championships or buyouts.

Alabama--championship

Auburn--championship

LSU--championship

USC--championship

Texas--championship

Actually, every championship ever since no one coaches for free

• Fire 1

I've been saying it for years, but we need to open up the checkbook and see what you can land. No one is out of reach. In a couple years with the full B1G TV rights we will be making more money than our athletic department will even know what to do with. With that kind of expected windfall there is no reason paying someone 6-7 million a year is out of the question. That puts just about every coach in the world in play.

"The Pederson Plan"
I suspect your plan is called "Hope" You must have gotten that one from our president.
Check some of the universities who have opened their checkbooks.......let me know if it led to championships or buyouts.

Alabama--championship

Auburn--championship

LSU--championship

USC--championship

Texas--championship

Current coaches in order of salary

Saban at Alabama - 8 years, 3 national championships, 3 SEC championships with 4 appearances

Stoops at Oklahoma - 15 years, 1 national champinship with 3 appearances, 8 Big XII championships with 9 appearances

Charlie Strong at Texas - remains to be seen

Sumlin at Texas A&M - 3 years, no championships, 2-2 in bowl games (11 wins, 9 wins, 7 wins, in order)

Meyer at Ohio State - 3 years, no championships with one conference appearance, 0-1 in bowl games, but we all know his history at Florida and they've been under sanctions. Yet to lose a regular season conference game.

Miles at LSU - 10 years, 1 national championship with 2 appearances, 2 conference championships with 3 appearances.

Hoke at Michigan - 4 years, no championships or divisional championships, one BCS bowl win, severely trending downwards

Briles at Baylor - 7 years, 1 conference championship, trending upwards at a school with no football history

Sarkisian at USC - 1st year, remains to be seen, but didn't accomplish much of anything at Washington

Ferentz at Iowa - 2 conference co-championships, handful of losing seasons

Malzahn at Auburn - 2 years, 1 conference championship, lots of "luck"

Franklin at Penn State - remains to be seen

Kelly at Notre Dame - 5 years, no championships with 1 national championship appearance, 44-18 record with up and down individual seasons and downwards trend the last 3 seasons

Spurrier at South Carolina - 10 years, no championships with one appearance, 1 divisional championship, 65% winning average, not much football history at USC

Fisher at Florida State - yeah he good

this isn't an argument just data

Just curious what the perception outside of AZ is of Todd Graham. I know that he's viewed very negatively for how he left Pitt, but the community here loves him. What he has done in two years at ASU, especially after the Dennis Erickson debacle, is nothing short of amazing. I don't think he's looking to leave ASU anytime soon, but I wonder how he'd do at Nebraska.

Just curious what the perception outside of AZ is of Todd Graham. I know that he's viewed very negatively for how he left Pitt, but the community here loves him. What he has done in two years at ASU, especially after the Dennis Erickson debacle, is nothing short of amazing. I don't think he's looking to leave ASU anytime soon, but I wonder how he'd do at Nebraska.

Todd Graham was a very coach here in Tulsa and TU won many games under him. But he had Gus M as his OC part of the time as I recall. We've seen what Gus has done at Auburn. So, he knew how to select a good OC.

Todd Graham was a very coach here in Tulsa and TU won many games under him. But he had Gus M as his OC part of the time as I recall. We've seen what Gus has done at Auburn. So, he knew how to select a good OC.

Excellent point. He's also got a great OC at ASU in Mike Norvell. In fact, I'm afraid that he'll be moving on to a head coaching position pretty soon.

Alabama--championship
Auburn--championship
LSU--championship
USC--championship
Texas--championship

Current coaches in order of salary

Saban at Alabama - 8 years, 3 national championships, 3 SEC championships with 4 appearances

Stoops at Oklahoma - 15 years, 1 national champinship with 3 appearances, 8 Big XII championships with 9 appearances

Charlie Strong at Texas - remains to be seen

Sumlin at Texas A&M - 3 years, no championships, 2-2 in bowl games (11 wins, 9 wins, 7 wins, in order)

Meyer at Ohio State - 3 years, no championships with one conference appearance, 0-1 in bowl games, but we all know his history at Florida and they've been under sanctions. Yet to lose a regular season conference game.

Miles at LSU - 10 years, 1 national championship with 2 appearances, 2 conference championships with 3 appearances.

Hoke at Michigan - 4 years, no championships or divisional championships, one BCS bowl win, severely trending downwards

Briles at Baylor - 7 years, 1 conference championship, trending upwards at a school with no football history

Sarkisian at USC - 1st year, remains to be seen, but didn't accomplish much of anything at Washington

Ferentz at Iowa - 2 conference co-championships, handful of losing seasons

Malzahn at Auburn - 2 years, 1 conference championship, lots of "luck"

Franklin at Penn State - remains to be seen

Kelly at Notre Dame - 5 years, no championships with 1 national championship appearance, 44-18 record with up and down individual seasons and downwards trend the last 3 seasons

Spurrier at South Carolina - 10 years, no championships with one appearance, 1 divisional championship, 65% winning average, not much football history at USC

Fisher at Florida State - yeah he good

this isn't an argument just data

The argument is in the data. I was going to gather all of this up but it was way too time consuming only to attempt to convince someone who isnt going to change their mind otherwise. If you want a "proven" head coach, which by all accounts is what Nebraska wants and needs then you are going to need to open up the checkbook to get one. Anyone else is a risk and one we likely are not in the position to take. Deciding the next head coach at Nebraska will likely be the most important decision made in sometime at NU. Fail and we likely will fall into the abyss and become another Minnesota.