If Bo is let go - who could Nebraska get

Willie Fritz - proven he can turn a program around and make it a winner.

Craig Bohl - Even though many don't like him, he was able to turn North Dakota State into a powerhouse. There is a difference between being a DC and a HC.

Scott Frost - Not a big fan of making a coordinator a head coach (see Pelini) but I think he might make a good one. Would rather wait until he gets a head coaching job somewhere else and proves he can be a good head coach before bringing him in here.

I still kinda liklike the idea of Jim Tressel as head coach with frost being the OC and heir apparent to him learning the ropes of a hc under a great all around mind. Those two could bring in great recruiting classes especially in the midwest and west coast. Frost would love to be here imo if it's not under bo and he knows he could take the reigns at some point.

I'd be on board with this, but who are we talking about for DC?

Will Muschamp will be looking for a job in a few weeks....

How about Dan Mullen? Grew up in the Northeast, and of course has the Southern ties working at Florida and now at Miss. St. Heck Mississippi State was complete garbage before he took over.

Yeah sure we can totally get the head coach of an SEC west team that has been ranked #1 in the nation for most of the year.

Right.

More realistic than Harbaugh, Gruden, and Malzahn. He makes 3 million a year there, so we could give him a pay raise. Also exactly he's coaching in the SEC West which means he has to coach against LSU, Alabama, and Auburn year in and year out. Keeping up every year against those teams could be near impossible. Put him in the Big 10 with easier competition and a chance to play against Urban Meyer.

• Fire 1

Willie Fritz - proven he can turn a program around and make it a winner.

Craig Bohl - Even though many don't like him, he was able to turn North Dakota State into a powerhouse. There is a difference between being a DC and a HC.

Scott Frost - Not a big fan of making a coordinator a head coach (see Pelini) but I think he might make a good one. Would rather wait until he gets a head coaching job somewhere else and proves he can be a good head coach before bringing him in here.

Fritz spent several years at Central Missouri State. Couldn't get past Northwest Missouri or Pittsburg State. Bohl won't be interested in a second firing from Nebraska. Frost won't be interested in a first firing from Nebraska.

I've been saying it for years, but we need to open up the checkbook and see what you can land. No one is out of reach. In a couple years with the full B1G TV rights we will be making more money than our athletic department will even know what to do with. With that kind of expected windfall there is no reason paying someone 6-7 million a year is out of the question. That puts just about every coach in the world in play.

The question then becomes who fits our culture and what style of play do you want. Lets just say we threw an obscene number at Saban, you think he is just going to turn it down.....nope. 1 of 2 things will happen. 1) He goes back to whatever school he is currently employed at and says I want you to match or I leave. Said school has to match and you just made some other school have to go out of their comfort zone for pay. On top of that it sends a message to the rest of the world that we are here to play. 2) Said school doesn pony up and we just got ourselves a proven winner of a head coach.

Conference expansioin was about nothing other than money. The sooner we come to that realization and start acting like this is what its about the further ahead of everyone else we will be. The longer we wait to act the further we fall behind everyone else that has already realized it.

• Fire 1

I've been saying it for years, but we need to open up the checkbook and see what you can land. No one is out of reach. In a couple years with the full B1G TV rights we will be making more money than our athletic department will even know what to do with. With that kind of expected windfall there is no reason paying someone 6-7 million a year is out of the question. That puts just about every coach in the world in play.

"The Pederson Plan"

• Fire 1

"The Pederson Plan"

I suspect your plan is called "Hope" You must have gotten that one from our president.

"The Pederson Plan"

I suspect your plan is called "Hope" You must have gotten that one from our president.

Check some of the universities who have opened their checkbooks.......let me know if it led to championships or buyouts.

So Bo stays and he re-tools the coaching staff:

OC: Frost

RB: Brown

WR: Fisher

TE: ?

OL: Ed Orgeron or Recruiting Coordinator

DC: Muschamp

LB: ?

DB: Warren

DL: Kaz

ST?

I know Pelini is very aware that things are not working offensively. The OL is a wreck and our running game has come to a halt.....in large part because the OL just isn't solid. I know Frost, Pelini, and Osborne have talked previously but didn't progress. So my question.....and I truly do not know the answer......would Frost as OC even be possible? I do think it's a high likelihood we move in a different direction from Beck.

So Bo stays and he re-tools the coaching staff:

OC: Frost

RB: Brown

WR: Fisher

TE: ?

OL: Ed Orgeron or Recruiting Coordinator

DC: Muschamp

LB: ?

DB: Warren

DL: Kaz

ST?

I know Pelini is very aware that things are not working offensively. The OL is a wreck and our running game has come to a halt.....in large part because the OL just isn't solid. I know Frost, Pelini, and Osborne have talked previously but didn't progress. So my question.....and I truly do not know the answer......would Frost as OC even be possible? I do think it's a high likelihood we move in a different direction from Beck.

My understanding was that frost wanted OC. Not co-OC, not passing game OC, not Assist. HC/QB's. Bo wasn't going to replace Beck at that time. Now might be a different story.