It's Our Team Let's Do Something About It

SWAMI

The tenor of this board has changed considerably in the last 11 months. I read few posts supporting Bo. Last year there was a fair amount who wanted this staff to stay despite the embarrassments both on and off the field. In my opinion the most egregious reasons for a termination were his referring to our fan base as a bunch of F**king fair weather fans, and daring his bosses to fire him.

The win/loss record speaks for itself. Too many are content with 9-4; and, quite frankly that might be the balance point of this teeter-totter, but the tipping point in addition to the aforementioned is the all too frequent blowouts. No Husker team should ever let a 50+ score be hung on them.

But, in my opinion, nothing will be done because we are a captive audience. I live in Illinois and I see this same modus operandi played out annually by the Chicago Cub management to the point where the fans take perverse pride in being one of the "lovable losers." Hell they've even convinced there base that that rat-infested hell hole they play in is the best venue in the league.

It's sad when loyal fans are used because the powers that be understand they won't do a thing about it (notice I say "won't not "can't"). A write-in campaign might work (i.e. petition). A unified boycott strategy would work. I know that if enough of us are willing to stay home en masse, to forfeit the pride of most consecutive sellouts, to maybe even don some sweatshirts that read "I'm a non-participating, but fiercely loyal Husker fan" on the front and "Bo must go" on the back, changes would occur rapidly.

Let me know if you're interested. I would be happy to lead this charge when enough people get fed up. Understand we would have to be unified. The marketing part of it is only limited by imagination. Email me at swami54@aol.com

The tenor of this board has changed considerably in the last 11 months. I read few posts supporting Bo. Last year there was a fair amount who wanted this staff to stay despite the embarrassments both on and off the field. In my opinion the most egregious reasons for a termination were his referring to our fan base as a bunch of F**king fair weather fans, and daring his bosses to fire him.

The win/loss record speaks for itself. Too many are content with 9-4; and, quite frankly that might be the balance point of this teeter-totter, but the tipping point in addition to the aforementioned is the all too frequent blowouts. No Husker team should ever let a 50+ score be hung on them.

But, in my opinion, nothing will be done because we are a captive audience. I live in Illinois and I see this same modus operandi played out annually by the Chicago Cub management to the point where the fans take perverse pride in being one of the "lovable losers." Hell they've even convinced there base that that rat-infested hell hole they play in is the best venue in the league.

It's sad when loyal fans are used because the powers that be understand they won't do a thing about it (notice I say "won't not "can't"). A write-in campaign might work (i.e. petition). A unified boycott strategy would work. I know that if enough of us are willing to stay home en masse, to forfeit the pride of most consecutive sellouts, to maybe even don some sweatshirts that read "I'm a non-participating, but fiercely loyal Husker fan" on the front and "Bo must go" on the back, changes would occur rapidly.

Let me know if you're interested. I would be happy to lead this charge when enough people get fed up. Understand we would have to be unified. The marketing part of it is only limited by imagination. Email me at swami54@aol.com

thats ricketts for ya, what do ya think hes gonna do as governor... i shudder to think

I live in Illinois here too and know what its like to be a Cubs fan. Frankly I stopped going to games and paying attention to the team as they have not proven its worth my time to invest in them. I agree that fans need to unify and boycott. I actually started the "Let the Sellout Streak End" thread last November after the humiliating loss to Iowa, and some were appalled at the thought of having that happen. But you are right...as fans we have to find a way to get the message out that it's time for a change. Pelini could go down with 2 notorious records as the Huskers coach. First, giving up more rushing yards to a single back in a single game in NCAA history. And 2, being the coach that let the streak end.

Yeah, I'm sure the online petition is really going to be the tipping point for Eichorst. insert heavy sarcasm here

Maybe if it gets sent to him with a $10 million check. Anything else is just a bunch of people bitching on the internet.

Yeah, I'm sure the online petition is really going to be the tipping point for Eichorst. insert heavy sarcasm here

Maybe if it gets sent to him with a $10 million check. Anything else is just a bunch of people bitching on the internet.

Seriously... If someone started a crowdfunding project along with the petition, that would be the best chance for traction... Kickstarter or Indiegogo anyone?!?

• Fire 1

I live in Illinois here too and know what its like to be a Cubs fan. Frankly I stopped going to games and paying attention to the team as they have not proven its worth my time to invest in them. I agree that fans need to unify and boycott. I actually started the "Let the Sellout Streak End" thread last November after the humiliating loss to Iowa, and some were appalled at the thought of having that happen. But you are right...as fans we have to find a way to get the message out that it's time for a change. Pelini could go down with 2 notorious records as the Huskers coach. First, giving up more rushing yards to a single back in a single game in NCAA history. And 2, being the coach that let the streak end.

Hey now, The Cubs are spending millions to renovate wrigley, have one of the best farm systems in baseball and hired joe maddon. I wish nebraska was making moves to improve the way the Cubs are right now.