Bo will be here next year...

Judoka

There wasn't a ton of interest, at least not from desirable coaches, the last two times we went through this. Are things somehow better now?

There was the first time, but Tom forced Frank upon us and really screwed the program up. Nobody in thier right mind wanted the job in 2004 because of the lack of talent/depth on the team to go with expectations. Callahan was the only one dumb/arrogant enough to think he could fix what Frank screwed up with lazy recruiting and lack of discipline and we all know how that ended up.

I don't think this is true. Coaches are competitive, they enjoy challenges. The problem was we had an absolute idiot as AD.

If we pull it together, beat Minnesota, Iowa,and win a bowl game all will be forgiven and Bo will be back! It will take more than getting beat by a very good team, in their house (no matter how embarrassing ) to cost Pellini his job. Its natural for us all to be pissed about Saturday. but there are more games to be played .Lets see how that goes first.

I'm curious do you still where the same undies u stained as a kid ?? I swear some people are deathly afraid change.

Settle down there sonny! Im not scared of change. just realistic! if we win out he stays guaranteed

^^ Agree. I would love to see Pelini gone but I do not see the boosters supporting firing Pelini if we win out. I think it's a longshot even if we lose all the remaining. Hope I'm wrong...

It all comes down to the $$$$ and if the boosters still listen to Tom or not. Hopefully Tom has changed his mind and allows SE to do his job and find a replacement.

The $$$ is huge for sure. I think TO's opinion and boosters opinion of "big picture" are the detemining factors. I thought Bo's quotes re: "program going in right direction" were interesting. That was similar to the support TO, Hawks, etc gave Pelini after last season. Without more off-the-field issues, not sure if they will get out of the way. SE also doesn't strike me as someone who will drum up support to remove a coach the way Pederson did (both good & bad).

There wasn't a ton of interest, at least not from desirable coaches, the last two times we went through this. Are things somehow better now?

We really don't know what kind of interest there was when TO was hiring. Pederson...well I don't blame any coach that wouldn't want to work for that guy...

We do know that Grobe from Wake Forest turned us down. Not long ago someone posted an interview where he regrets turning down the job. When I guy won't leave Wake Forest for us, that doesn't say much, even if it was a good time for them.

Before Callahan was hired, when Urban Meyer was asked in a press interview and brushed us off. This was while he was at Utah, before winning championships at Florida. Yes, this was under Pederson.

As far as the Solich hire, I said the last 2 times, meaning the Callahan and Pelini hires. Clearly there would've been interest to take over a team that had gone 60-3.

There was the first time, but Tom forced Frank upon us and really screwed the program up. Nobody in thier right mind wanted the job in 2004 because of the lack of talent/depth on the team to go with expectations. Callahan was the only one dumb/arrogant enough to think he could fix what Frank screwed up with lazy recruiting and lack of discipline and we all know how that ended up.

I don't think this is true. Coaches are competitive, they enjoy challenges. The problem was we had an absolute idiot as AD.

While you are right that SP is/was an idiot, the lack of talent was evident too. Joe Dailey was the only scholarship QB on the team, only three DL on the roster. Our "playmaker" was a TE in Matt Herrian but who was going to throw him the ball? We had some nice LB's and DB's, but they can only do so much with a porus DL. Not to mention Incognito was handed over as eventually kicked off by Bill because Frank didn't have the nuts to do it himself. Hence the lack of discipline.

We really don't know what kind of interest there was when TO was hiring. Pederson...well I don't blame any coach that wouldn't want to work for that guy...

We do know that Grobe from Wake Forest turned us down. Not long ago someone posted an interview where he regrets turning down the job. When I guy won't leave Wake Forest for us, that doesn't say much, even if it was a good time for them.

Before Callahan was hired, when Urban Meyer was asked in a press interview and brushed us off. This was while he was at Utah, before winning championships at Florida. Yes, this was under Pederson.

As far as the Solich hire, I said the last 2 times, meaning the Callahan and Pelini hires. Clearly there would've been interest to take over a team that had gone 60-3.

He (Groebe) wanted the job, but didn't want to be told who he could have on his staff.

i havent been on much and just glancing through here... but ive been wanting this move for almost 5 years now.

i think he should be gone, and the chances go up with anymore losses from here...

but how do you fire someone who flat dared the administration to do so, with all the ammo they had.... he even though he was fired... but they didnt

He (Groebe) wanted the job, but didn't want to be told who he could have on his staff.

Bingo! That is because Tom had already promised the job to Bo after the oSu loss. It was a waste of 75K to go interview one guy who was told that he had to use some of Tom's old AC's. No HC in thier right mind would take a job with that stipulation.

Reading all this I find myself +1ing Polo and Sker...almost seeing them as the voice of reason amidst the johnny come lately bomb throwers. I picked a horrible week to stop drinking on week days :wasted

Sounds like a perfect time for a guy to guy to,guy. Sker has the domestos, kimosabe.

A sure fire way to get Bo out?

Stop going to games.

Just ask Dave Brandon how that worked out for him.

And please, spare me the "I'm supporting the kids," line (cause I know it's coming from someone).

Support the kids - show your displeasure in the coaching staff and get them someone in there that will help them and work for them, instead of screaming at them all the time.

Nailed it!

Support the kids by getting them a coach that will teach them fundamentals and help them grow into quality football players all with 80% less berating on TV.

Right! I'll call Bill Callahan.

What a pathetic excuse for an argument.

Pretty sure it wasn't an agrument, pretty sure it was sarcasm. Didn't think I needed an avatar to show it either.