Never Thought..

mwj98

Attendance record won't fall this season, all tickets were bought before the season started to the best of my knowledge. Maybe next year if there is no change..........

There will be empty seats this Saturday. I'd bet money on it. And we can crow that "tickets were bought, it's still a sellout". But I hope the empty seats speak volumes.

Plus its going to be cold and nobody is really jazzed to play Minnysoda after the last two home games were Purdue and Rutgers. Even not coming off an embarrassment there would be empty seats.

And it's comments like that that attempt to justify that are part of the problem.

It never used to happen.

Oh bite me. Im not justifying the piece of sh#t I watched Saturday. I have tickets to the Minnesota game. Guess what? Im still going to be there. All I said was there would have been empty seats regardless. It isnt going to aid in the ousting of Bo.

Enough empty seats would. This is the typical attitude I see on message boards (mainly on this one) and greater society. People are upset and want to talk and complain, but don't want to do anything about things that they CAN control. If everyone who was pissed about the program decided not to show up (probably a SIZABLE portion of the stadium), something would be done immediately. Kind of like the Clippers situation. If everyone who was actually made about that had stopped watching their precious NBA for one week, the situation would have been immediately resolved. If you're so upset about it, put your money where your mouth is and stay home.

If you want me to say hes the worst coach ever Im not doing that. But if you read what I said youll see Im just as fed up as everyone. Somethings gotta give. Hes now had more time in the Big Ten than the Big 12 and we are essentially exactly where we were when we came in.

I don't know how old you are but there was a considerable length of time when people were calling for Osborne to be replaced. He was the coach that could not win the big one! I remember Barry Switzer saying that most years Nebraska has the better team but the Sooners alsways seem to win. Osborne resorted to trick plays for a period- I think repsonding to pressure from the people were criticizing him. I remember many time being on my knees in front of the TV begging-pleadinig with him to throw the ball instead of running more option plays. There were times it looked like the defenders were putting 8-9 men up in the box and would flow in play direction- not caring if we threw the ball.

I am disillusioned with the humiliating blow outs from time to time. I don't believe changing coaches every other year will improve our teams' performance. I think Bo can do it but he needs to do some soul searching and make the changes necessary. I think that is why Tom Osborne was eventually successful because he did make some necessary changes- not wholesale changes but enough to get improvement. Also, he had the benefit of some long term experienced successful assistants. Bo is lacking the experienced assistants in my opinion.

Attendance record won't fall this season, all tickets were bought before the season started to the best of my knowledge. Maybe next year if there is no change..........

There will be empty seats this Saturday. I'd bet money on it. And we can crow that "tickets were bought, it's still a sellout". But I hope the empty seats speak volumes.

Empties Plus booing if it gets to that point. :/

If you want me to say hes the worst coach ever Im not doing that. But if you read what I said youll see Im just as fed up as everyone. Somethings gotta give. Hes now had more time in the Big Ten than the Big 12 and we are essentially exactly where we were when we came in.

I don't know how old you are but there was a considerable length of time when people were calling for Osborne to be replaced. He was the coach that could not win the big one! I remember Barry Switzer saying that most years Nebraska has the better team but the Sooners alsways seem to win. Osborne resorted to trick plays for a period- I think repsonding to pressure from the people were criticizing him. I remember many time being on my knees in front of the TV begging-pleadinig with him to throw the ball instead of running more option plays. There were times it looked like the defenders were putting 8-9 men up in the box and would flow in play direction- not caring if we threw the ball.

I am disillusioned with the humiliating blow outs from time to time. I don't believe changing coaches every other year will improve our teams' performance. I think Bo can do it but he needs to do some soul searching and make the changes necessary. I think that is why Tom Osborne was eventually successful because he did make some necessary changes- not wholesale changes but enough to get improvement. Also, he had the benefit of some long term experienced successful assistants. Bo is lacking the experienced assistants in my opinion.

Im old enough to know that Ive given 7 years to this coach and I havent gotten alot of return on my investment. There is no comparison. The college football world is alot different today. If you cant win, most places will find someone who can. I would hate to see NU become a revolving door of coaches but I also hate having records set against us.

Common man, Tom Osborne never winning the "big one" in a title game or against a top 5/10 team is not the same as Bo Pelini not winning a "Big one" against a lower ranked or even respectable team when it matters. The lowest Tom ever finished in the polls at the end of the year was 24th I believe in 1990. I realize the game has changed and there is more parity, but this whole it took Tom decades to finally figure it out argument to support Bo is baseless at best. It's been covered many times on this board and in the media, its not just the win loss record but its how you get those wins and losses.

Bo has had his opportunity to do soul searching yet he continued to bring in inexperienced coordinators that were his cronies and did not help his cause. Not everything is directly Bo's fault, but you know what? That's what comes with the territory as the Head Coach of a big time program, he doesn't have the ability and is too stubborn to realize that he needs to make the uncomfortable decision and bring in guys that know their stuff when it comes to football as opposed to sticking with a comfortable level of mediocrity. Just like in business, if a CEO at a big time company FAILS to make any form of improvement and continually makes bad decisions that harm the overall brand and perception of that company, you best believe he's out the door in favor of someone who can execute.

It's senior day on Saturday and one of the best huskers to ever play will be having his last home game. Some of you are talking about not going to make a point?? What the hell is wrong with you?

Trust me, I'm as frustrated as any of you. The mistakes last Saturday on the defensive side (I honestly didn't think an off tackle play was so effective) were incredibly disappointing. We looked liked a poorly coached team. However, this is not the game to try to make a point IMO. These kids don't deserve that.

When season ticket renewals come up and no changes have been made, the administration will hear you loud. Although if some of you want to give up those great seats I'll GLADLY take them off your hands.

The difference was Osborne was frequently ranked in the top 10 during that time and was beating good teams just not Oklahoma. He frequently was taking down ranked Missouri's, Colorado's, and Iowa States, even a number 4 Alabama in 1977 and of course number 1 Oklahoma in 1978. When Pelini was losing close conference championships and beating high ranked teams people weren't calling for his head, now 4 years later with his own players and coordinators he can't take on a team with half a pulse without getting blown out. There really is not comparison between the two other than the 9 wins a season which doesn't tell the whole picture.

• Fire 1

Plus its going to be cold and nobody is really jazzed to play Minnysoda after the last two home games were Purdue and Rutgers. Even not coming off an embarrassment there would be empty seats.

And it's comments like that that attempt to justify that are part of the problem.

It never used to happen.

Oh bite me. Im not justifying the piece of sh#t I watched Saturday. I have tickets to the Minnesota game. Guess what? Im still going to be there. All I said was there would have been empty seats regardless. It isnt going to aid in the ousting of Bo.

Enough empty seats would. This is the typical attitude I see on message boards (mainly on this one) and greater society. People are upset and want to talk and complain, but don't want to do anything about things that they CAN control. If everyone who was pissed about the program decided not to show up (probably a SIZABLE portion of the stadium), something would be done immediately. Kind of like the Clippers situation. If everyone who was actually made about that had stopped watching their precious NBA for one week, the situation would have been immediately resolved. If you're so upset about it, put your money where your mouth is and stay home.

Me staying home will not get Bo fired. Im not in a position financially where I can just buy tickets and not use them.

I am going to be at the game for a couple reasons. I love Nebraska football, I was a student there, and the sport is great. Second, it's senior day and I appreciate the things kenny and ameer have done tremendously and want to watch their last game in memorial. I am no longer a bo supporter but I am a nebraska supporter and the seniors who have fought this season to 8-2 include some of the best in our history numbers wise. Go big red, bittersweet to see ameer trot out for the last time in the red N

• Fire 1

I just got off the band wagon, I am ready for BP to go, but I am not sure he is going anywhere. If they come back and win the last 2 games of the year, I have a hard time seeing him being let go. Fans not showing up at the game on Saturday would be a tough sell. You are going to have to see about 20,000 fans staying home before it really makes an impact IMO.