If you want change--vote with your feet, don't go to the Minnesota game

Lets assume you had a daughter and she had a dance recital coming up. Would you go to it?

Funny you say that - I have TWO daughters, actually. Eight and eleven.

Both are honors students and are active in extra-curricular activities at school and our church. So obviously, our time is precious to us as a family of four.

Now, if we think that any of the people in charge of that extra-curricular activity aren't giving their 100% level best...we don't let my children participate in it. Why?

Because we are teaching our kids to give their best for what they believe in. And we communicate that to them. Everybody, especially leadership, must do their part for success.

So, to your argument - if the ballet instructor was late all the time and not showing up on time - well, my daughter isn't participating in that instructor's class.

Equate that to a parent with their son, sitting in their living room. Mark Pelini is sitting on their loveseat, trying to convince them to let their son come hundreds of miles, hours away from their home. And that parent watched the Wisconsin game with their son. What do you think that parent would say?

See how that works?

Your time is pretty precious, yet you are replying on a message board?

Anyone who thinks like the op can fedex me there tickets. I can find someone to go.

How some of you are considered adults is mind boggling to me. It's two games. I hated last Saturday as much as the next person but it's one game. Let's hope our guys respond this week and finish the season strong. 11-2 is a HELL of a year. This team is only graduating 13 kids. The sky is not falling.

RELAX and enjoy the little bit of college football we have left.

The HOW we lose has to be important. If football was just about wins and losses, then why don't people just check the final score after the game is over?

HOW we win is also important. We've beat some pretty crappy teams pretty handily, I'll give us credit. If a 9-4 win loss record beating crappy teams and losing to good ones is what Nebraska fans want or accept, then clearly seven years in I believe we can surely say we have our man in Bo Pelini.

Personally I don't think Nebraska should accept that. I think Nebraska's program and resources as a whole are far above this yearly result.

It's hard to relax and enjoy a football game like that. I've said before, it's not just about winning or losing. When was the last time Nebraska played good football in all three phases of the game for a full season?

There are a lot of teams with bad losses. Honestly, the way WI has been playing I wouldn't be surprised if they win the B1G. Does that excuse the performance we put up, not at all. However, I'll take the WI loss over a loss to a team like Utah or Florida. Let ask a question. If WI, MSU, and NU win out, how do you feel about our season?

That it was bad enough where there needs to be a coaching change.

Lets assume you had a daughter and she had a dance recital coming up. Would you go to it?

Both are honors students and are active in extra-curricular activities at school and our church. So obviously, our time is precious to us as a family of four.

Now, if we think that any of the people in charge of that extra-curricular activity aren't giving their 100% level best...we don't let my children participate in it. Why?

Because we are teaching our kids to give their best for what they believe in. And we communicate that to them. Everybody, especially leadership, must do their part for success.

So, to your argument - if the ballet instructor was late all the time and not showing up on time - well, my daughter isn't participating in that instructor's class.

Equate that to a parent with their son, sitting in their living room. Mark Pelini is sitting on their loveseat, trying to convince them to let their son come hundreds of miles, hours away from their home. And that parent watched the Wisconsin game with their son. What do you think that parent would say?

See how that works?

I do have free time, slick. All of my time isn't devoted to ballet recitals ^_^

Wins and losses to do not tell the story. Blow outs on a regular basis tells the story, close wins against Wyoming, McNeese state tell the story. Improvements need to be made, how that is done makes little difference to me. If the AD feels Bo can do it, so be it, but if he feels it is time for Bo to go, I will not be heart broken, and that includes winning all the remaining games. There have been deep rooted problems with this program for a long time. We won we won we won 9 games. We are the laughing stock of college football with Bo on the sidelines.

I normally get a ton of calls after a meltdown like this. Not a single call, one smart remark from a Dallas fan, an offer from a Raider fan to take their coach, been there done that.

Last year it was we redshirted all these great guys, just wait until next year, what will the story be this year. We have so many coming back next year, agreed but we have so many that quit on their coach during the Wisconsin game. Will they be motivated to improve or figure not much hope here. Who knows, but once a team quits, it is very easy for them to do it on a regular basis. Reason they do not believe in the leadership normally.

We beat one team with a pulse, Miami, and my guess is we would want no part of them now.

Make what ever change is needed and do it now. Next year never seems to get here.

LOL at the Miami comment skers. I said that in another thread. Just watchin them saturday night you could see the obvious improvement. Hell, you could see it a few weeks ago when they played Vatech. They would beat us by 3 scores on a neutral field tommorrow.

Here's the deal for me. Bo's biggest defense is #9wins. 9 and 10. it's a standard. 6 complete regular seasons.

Last year it was 8. lowest reg season win total since his first year. Sure, he got his 9th in the bowl game like his first year. But for the sake of keeping/firing, we'll go with regular season since such thing happens before the bowl.

Obviousl there were things in play beyond Eichorst's control as to why he was kept after last year. But I think regardless, coming into this year there had ot be considerable improvement and progress. Exp at qb. Staff continuity. Opponent familiarity entering 4th year in BigTen. Defensive talent and experience. Easiest overall schedule in god knows how long. I really think it was an Indy or bust situation. Really no excuse for it not to be.

But also, we have to analyze HOW WE PLAY THE GAME. Regardless of 8 wins, you have to analyze the garbage competition. Its' still a sloppy, erratic style of football that results in blowout against similar and slightly better competition. We cant snap the ball. We cant execute simple basics of football and adjustments. Not to mention the garbage mentality that still exists in adverse situations. This is why I think it's time to just pull the trigger. Regardless what happense these next two games. I just also happen to think that in just under two weeks they'll be just that much more, and enough, ammo to do so.

See how that works?

I do have free time, slick. All of my time isn't devoted to ballet recitals ^_^

Whew, that would be rough. Especially the honor student level ballet recitals, just the worst amiright?

• Fire 1

The real boycott will begin if Bo is retained. The amount of season tickets going back if that happens will make this years desperate scramble to continue the sellout streak seem small.

somethin tells me that this is why a plan is already being made-if it wasnt even before the season. The admin has to know the overall pulse. You can see it pretty generally on message boards and call in shows. The last of the 'lievers have openly jumped ship.

So I guess we need to be honest.

We're actually rooting for Nebraska to get embarrassed on Senior Day at Memorial Stadium because it will make the inevitable come faster and easier.

there was a thread asking this long ago. the response was not pretty for the one guy who proposed that. crazy how fast things can change.

but i think bo should be gone regardless (he should have been gone last year. we wasted an easy year where a new coach could have went through his growing pains). there is no reason to keep him here other than his ability to beat 50-100 ranked teams with donu's superior resources.

Will never root against Nebraska or Bo for that matter. He needs to win every game, and I think he tries his best to do so. Never want Nebraska to lose. Never have, never will.

Bo goes or stays on performance. His overall performance should be looked at, not the last three games.

I have never been a fan, but I always want the best for Nebraska. A curb stomping will start something none of us want to see.

Some terrible days are ahead of us I am afraid.

Will never root against Nebraska or Bo for that matter. He needs to win every game, and I think he tries his best to do so. Never want Nebraska to lose. Never have, never will.Bo goes or stays on performance. His overall performance should be looked at, not the last three games.I have never been a fan, but I always want the best for Nebraska. A curb stomping will start something none of us want to see.Some terrible days are ahead of us I am afraid.

I really don't see how anyone can be afraid anymore.

The program that was made by our legends' protege' has taken our title, supplanted themselves as the premier rushing program, and set the last record they needed against us. It would take a team of cowboys with the sharpest knives ever to make a cleaner castration.

As for the whole "root for" thing, well I'm wearing a NU fleece today and my truck still has it's decal. To remove any of that would cause more questions and ridicule than keeping it at this point. It's still my university.

However, I'm in Vegas this weekend. And I'm taking a money bet out on Minnesota and hedging it with Nebraska covering. If they win, whatever, nothing ventured nothing gained. If Bo and his charges feel like underachieving again, I may as well recoup my Wisconsin trip on them since they're the ones who made the game a waste of time.