11 Wins

11-2 as standalone record seems great from a high level overview. But when you dissect the schedule, which is how a national perception comes about, it really isn't. We are discredited as a powerhouse - deserving so - based off of our performance in the 2-4 losses we encounter a year. The program is known to reach a certain benchmark number of wins due to the attrition of our schedule. Until we are competitive in every game, I will not be satisfied. Again, as I have stated elsewhere, I am not calling for wins in all of those tough games - just play competitive football. That is how you work towards rebuilding the brand.

See this is always interesting to me. If you sit down and take a look at many of the teams in the final rankings, from 15-25, you would have trouble picking "signature" wins. Many of these teams simply rack up wins on lesser teams for the most part.

I know this is Nebraska, and I'm not decreasing my standards at all, but 11 wins wouldn't be something to scoff at.

I completely agree, there is a lot of parity between those teams which makes it hard for me to hang my hat on my argument. I guess my main concern, how many top 15-25 teams get blown out in the same fashion that Nebraska does when we play like opponents? Hell, even OU suffered an embarrassing loss to Baylor this year, but that was an anomaly for them where that has become the norm here. And from a wishful thinking standpoint, I would the program to be above the middle of the pack Top 25 teams - which means that we should be winning more games against top competition than we are losing.

We have lost 7 times since 2011 by more than 17pts as a ranked team.

That is the most in the nation

If the Huskers could finish 11-2, with their only two losses at MSU and Wisconsin, they would likely be in the Top Ten in the final ranking.

This place would get really entertaining if they chose to fire Bo then.

No way, I don't see how we end up in the Top 10 considering what we just did at Wisconsin. Maybe 15th, but even that's way too generous.......

If you finish with only 2 losses, you have a really good chance of finishing in the Top Ten.

In 2012, there were 8 Power Conference teams that finished with only 2 losses, 6 were in the Top Ten. Clemson and KSU were #11 and #12. KSU was blown out twice in last three weeks.

In 2013, there were 8 Power Conference teams that finished with only 2 losses, 6 were in the Top Ten. OSU and Baylor were #12 and #13. Both lost their bowl games to teams not in the Top Ten.

11-2 as standalone record seems great from a high level overview. But when you dissect the schedule, which is how a national perception comes about, it really isn't. We are discredited as a powerhouse - deserving so - based off of our performance in the 2-4 losses we encounter a year. The program is known to reach a certain benchmark number of wins due to the attrition of our schedule. Until we are competitive in every game, I will not be satisfied. Again, as I have stated elsewhere, I am not calling for wins in all of those tough games - just play competitive football. That is how you work towards rebuilding the brand.

See this is always interesting to me. If you sit down and take a look at many of the teams in the final rankings, from 15-25, you would have trouble picking "signature" wins. Many of these teams simply rack up wins on lesser teams for the most part.

I know this is Nebraska, and I'm not decreasing my standards at all, but 11 wins wouldn't be something to scoff at.

I completely agree, there is a lot of parity between those teams which makes it hard for me to hang my hat on my argument. I guess my main concern, how many top 15-25 teams get blown out in the same fashion that Nebraska does when we play like opponents? Hell, even OU suffered an embarrassing loss to Baylor this year, but that was an anomaly for them where that has become the norm here. And from a wishful thinking standpoint, I would the program to be above the middle of the pack Top 25 teams - which means that we should be winning more games against top competition than we are losing.

We have lost 7 times since 2011 by more than 17pts as a ranked team.

That is the most in the nation

My point exactly...

If Bo finds a way to get this team to 11 wins, are the fans happy?

11-2 with a win over, most likely, a solid SEC/Pac 12 team in the bowl game would be a heck of a year in my opinion. I know we are a long way from this happening, but if you're on the "Fire Bo now" train because of the most recent performance, and 11 wins gets you off then you need to reevaluate your opinion for now.

All these threads about not showing up for Senior Day are ludicrous. You can knock Bo all you want, it's obviously warranted following this performance, but given the fact we have 3 (longshot at 4) games left, we should continue to back the team and evaluate after the full resume is there.

Of course I would be happy with 11 wins. That's something Bo has never done so it will show progress, and I like watching us win. However I don't see that happening, but would love to be proved wrong.

If the Huskers finish 11-2, it will be, without a doubt, one of the most hollow 11-2 seasons ever. Not a single memorable win.

I'm not ok with this football program being relegated to championing wins over Purdue and Rutgers caliber teams, while getting at least an annual curb stomping. On that note, there is about no way the Huskers finish 11-2. Ameer is hurt and our offense is an absolute clunker without him at 100%.

• Fire 3

For the 11-2 group, are you truly satisfied with the season, the whole 7 years? Is it what you expect from Nebraska? We saw improvement the first two I would say, proving that Bo can coach up talent. After that it really has not improved much, either in performance or wins and losses.

I have supported Bo the last year, because I actually thought there was hope. He does a good job on a lot of things. He just can not do it all. He is so set in his ways, that he will not bring in qualified people to help him it seems to me. That is where I am most frustrated. I am afraid forcing him to bring in new assistants would be a failure.

I expected a loss at Michigan State and some what at Wisconsin, but I truly felt they would be close hard fought battles. The come back at Michigan State gave me some hope, but after the Wisconsin game, I am more concerned about the MSU game. We never quit there, but we did at Wisconsin. That indicates to me a change in the teams thinking, a lack of confidence moving forward. If they have quit once, a lot easier to do it again and again.

We have to see improvement this weekend on that front. Minnesota comes in with a lot of confidence is my guess. They are going to be fired up. They played pretty well against Ohio State for most of the game. They bring that ferocity to our game, we could be in trouble. I honestly do not know what to expect.

I can deal with the losses, I understand each game is different, but I can not deal with the total beat downs that seem to occur on a regular basis. I know other teams get blown out, but not with the regularity that we do, nor to the level that we do.

If Bo finds a way to get this team to 11 wins, are the fans happy?

Tons of great answers to this in the thread. The answer has to be "no." It has been a crap season about any way you look at it. Garbage on the O Line, ruining Ameer's chances at a Heisman run. Garbage at QB despite a year of starting experience. Garbage on defense despite a "defensive guru" at Head Coach and some pretty good (and one potentially great) player. Garbage wins, including a stinker against McNeese State and some hum-drum victories against crap conference opponents. Perhaps the worst home schedule in decades.

There isn't a lot to be happy about. Mostly I feel wretched for Ameer. He deserved better.

• Fire 3

i like the idea of 11 wins short term but long term, I know it will ring hollow based on the schedule and us not making it to the CCG and winning it. And how we lost the 2 most important games of the year. It doesn't solve the long term competitive status of the program but will only mask it. Kind of like in business - a lot of sales can cover a lot of operational 'sins'- quality issues, service issues, etc. But once sales drops due to the economy, those operational sins will destroy the company. Moving to the big 10 and this scheduled 'covered' a lot of Bo coaching deficiencies but if we had a Big 12 or SEC schedule, we'd be in the bottom tier - no doubt in my mind. Our record against top 25 teams and in big games speak for themselves. Our few great players deserve better like AA and Gregory and so do our rising stars like Collins and Gerry and E P.

If the Huskers could finish 11-2, with their only two losses at MSU and Wisconsin, they would likely be in the Top Ten in the final ranking.

Minnesota as well as Iowa are fully capable of blowing us out. I hope I am wrong, but the last game showed how fragile the psyche of this team really is.

i really think we do win out. these blowout losses is because when the stakes are high or the pressure is on, bo losses control and the team implodes from a lack of leadership.

i think we can put it together just enough to beat minny and iowa. those teams or moments are not necessarily the problem. but the pressure is on bo now.

but who knows. i have no doubt kill can out-coach our staff.

I hope you are right! I would rather see Bo and company right this ship and that was our last blowout loss to a team we should be able to go toe to toe with. Unfortunately, I predict this will always happen without a mindset change from Bo.

Minnesota as well as Iowa are fully capable of blowing us out. I hope I am wrong, but the last game showed how fragile the psyche of this team really is.

i really think we do win out. these blowout losses is because when the stakes are high or the pressure is on, bo losses control and the team implodes from a lack of leadership.

i think we can put it together just enough to beat minny and iowa. those teams or moments are not necessarily the problem. but the pressure is on bo now.

but who knows. i have no doubt kill can out-coach our staff.

I hope you are right! I would rather see Bo and company right this ship and that was our last blowout loss to a team we should be able to go toe to toe with. Unfortunately, I predict this will always happen without a mindset change from Bo.

no. i think bo should be gone. but i still want us to win the rest of our games.

i do not think we need to root against the team to get bo gone. beating minny and iowa changes nothing for me.

bo is a mediocre coach who has at different times benefitted from someone else's talent or a joke of a schedule and is incompetent to be a head coach at a program such as nebraska. probably anywhere. i do not think bo is capable of being a successful head coach.

Yep agree. I also think it's reasonable to think that both the blowout losses that have happened will happen again - AND - (gasp) someday, the stars will align for Bo and NU sometime where 1 or more championships will happen. There are some serious flaws....but honestly...they aren't THAT far off......

Some non-stubborn changes and some luck in recruiting and scheduling (again) and it is honestly reasonable to see a championship happening.

Yep agree. I also think it's reasonable to think that both the blowout losses that have happened will happen again - AND - (gasp) someday, the stars will align for Bo and NU sometime where 1 or more championships will happen. There are some serious flaws....but honestly...they aren't THAT far off......

Some non-stubborn changes and some luck in recruiting and scheduling (again) and it is honestly reasonable to see a championship happening.

The blindness persists it is sad, I feel like throwing up literally

This is a completely rational thought to evaluate the body of work after the season and continue to support our team in the meantime. It probably wont fly around here because everyone (almost) on this board believes the rational decision is to fire everyone right now.

If we win 11 games this year or even 10, I don't see how Bo doesn't get another year. Though he'd have a pretty weak schedule to thank for that record.

Heck, or even 9.

The only way I see Bo being let go is if he melts down the next two games in spectacular fashion -- on field, off field, losing grip on the team. And that's borderline. Also unlikely, as much as the players love him. I think Bo's going to get his next year and this will continue to happen until a 7-win season or something like that. The closest examples of underachieving coaches with good W/L percentage, such as Cooper in Ohio State, even they were only let go after they finally had that bad year.

Partly I think it's just sensible, to protect whomever comes in next from unreasonable expectations.

This is a completely rational thought to evaluate the body of work after the season and continue to support our team in the meantime. It probably wont fly around here because everyone (almost) on this board believes the rational decision is to fire everyone right now.

If we win 11 games this year or even 10, I don't see how Bo doesn't get another year. Though he'd have a pretty weak schedule to thank for that record.

Heck, or even 9.

The only way I see Bo being let go is if he melts down the next two games in spectacular fashion -- on field, off field, losing grip on the team. And that's borderline. Also unlikely, as much as the players love him. I think Bo's going to get his next year and this will continue to happen until a 7-win season or something like that. The closest examples of underachieving coaches with good W/L percentage, such as Cooper in Ohio State, even they were only let go after they finally had that bad year.

Partly I think it's just sensible, to protect whomever comes in next from unreasonable expectations.

I think most of us could handle a 7 win season if the circumstances are a team riddled with injuries and the team is still fighting through the season. It is not about the number of wins anymore. It is the quality of wins and how we are losing.

The blindness persists it is sad, I feel like throwing up literally

LOL - OK pal. It is possible to see both perspectives vs being so zeroed in on an agenda. I didn't quantify my statement, so you are probably just interpreting it for me to say that NU and Bo are on the cusp and aren't trying to insult me, who you don't know. I didn't say they are on the cusp. I don't think they are much further than a few steps in the right direction away either.

Whether I think Bo could actually or would actually take the right steps....well I didn't offer my opinion because it doesn't apply here.