Scott Frost to Florida?

I agree with Charles Davis who was on USC yesterday. The days of power 5 schools hiring coordinators for Head Coach jobs is probably over. Wanna be head coach? You gotta cut your teeth somewhere lower first. prove that you can handle that unique role over something more exclusive as being a coordinator first.

I agree with this for the most part, although I have no doubt that Kirby Smart will be a head coach in the SEC, ACC or Big XII sometime within the next 3-4 years

Folks were saying this 3-4 years ago as well I think. word for word.

Youre probably right though. But does he do a Malzahn and take a HC job at a lower tier school for a year or two first?

I don't think so. Malzahn, as insane as his background/accomplishments are had to fight the "high school coach" stigma and the fact that he was a package deal with Mitch Mustain. Smart doesn't have that.

As is Mullen, a lot of talk of McElwain,

I have read some Denver papers and they were alluding to McElwain as being a candidate. They don't think he would take the job because Florida's AD might be out the door soon also and that would make things uneasy Another name that has been brought up is Gundy from OkieLite.

Two things about this thread.

First about Kirby Smart, he isn't any fool. He is waiting for that ideal job. He it's learning all he can from Saban until that job presents itself. This Florida gig, would be oneof those gigs. The amount of talent the gators have defensively is ridiculous, and being in Florida he'd be able to recruit kids he would need to succeed especially on the defensive side of the ball

Now onto frost. I'd be interested if those saying the power 5 schools won't go the coordinator route.have suggested or want him here in Lincoln. A lot of people don't seem to know how much control Helfrich has on the Oregon, offense he signs off.on the plays frost suggests/calls and is HIGHLY involved in the weeks game plan. Scott really needs to cut teeth at a lower level program for at least three years before getting a call IMO

Two things about this thread.

First about Kirby Smart, he isn't any fool. He is waiting for that ideal job. He it's learning all he can from Saban until that job presents itself. This Florida gig, would be oneof those gigs. The amount of talent the gators have defensively is ridiculous, and being in Florida he'd be able to recruit kids he would need to succeed especially on the defensive side of the ball

Now onto frost. I'd be interested if those saying the power 5 schools won't go the coordinator route.have suggested or want him here in Lincoln. A lot of people don't seem to know how much control Helfrich has on the Oregon, offense he signs off.on the parts frost suggests/calls and is HIGHLY involved in the weeks game plan. Scott really needs to cut teeth at a lower level program for at least three years before getting a call IMO

The games ive seen of Ore. the situation seems like a Bo/Paps sort of deal where Bos calling the plays but Paps holds the title.

I think Florida is going to go after James Franklin at Penn State. And I think Franklin is interested. This has to be the only reason why he is losing his recruiting class that was making headlines just a couple of months ago.

You know, I did not think about that at all but that would be a great move by Florida...he is a great recruiter AND it would mess with those PSU fans even more! ha

I put a thread on the main board a few minutes ago. During halftime of the Ohio/NIU game last night the round table was throwing names out there for the Florida job. Belotti said Scott Frost, I know he is an Oregon homer but you never know. Hugh Freeze was mentioned and so was Dan Mullin.

I wouldn't look at Frost until he coaches the Ducks without Mariota. Great players like him make offenses look really good. Ducks have so much team speed that I would like to see what Frost can do with out at least the QB. Florida is looking to make a splash.

Mora Jr, Tressel, Briles or Patterson. Maybe Gundy, but with the money available in Stilwater, why would anyone leave that cash cow.

I wouldn't look at Frost until he coaches the Ducks without Mariota. Great players like him make offenses look really good. Ducks have so much team speed that I would like to see what Frost can do with out at least the QB. Florida is looking to make a splash.

Mora Jr, Tressel, Briles or Patterson. Maybe Gundy, but with the money available in Stilwater, why would anyone leave that cash cow.

Excellent point regarding Mariota - he is amazing. He does have the ability to carry a team. This is only Frost's second year as an OC, I would think he needs and / or wants a year or two more running the Duck offense before he negotiates for a new position.

Excellent point regarding Mariota - he is amazing. He does have the ability to carry a team. This is only Frost's second year as an OC, I would think he needs and / or wants a year or two more running the Duck offense before he negotiates for a new position.

I dunnow...Frosty is getting a little long in the tooth...He's already three years older than Tom Osborne was when he took the leap from OC to HBC