Roll Call - who is left in the Bo camp?

carlfense

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't care about things, like his outbursts...I really don't think most people do I think most people just like to pretend like they care about it. Its not like you are up at night worried about it.

But, not even bringing that part into it, I would not care if he was gone...I think it would make it exciting for Husker fans because of the coaching search.

I don't know if Husker Board is representative of Husker nation as a whole . . . but there seems to have been quite a shift here.

Buddy of mine is a member on RSS, he sent me the below this morning.

"RSS has a poll and with over 1,000 votes, 79% want Bo to go." I asked him what the poll asked and his response, "Two options to choose from, Bo needs to go and Bo needs to stay".

This poll is right about 80% at the moment. Seems pretty consistent.

Then again, RSS and HB might not be representative of the fanbase as a whole. I'd imagine that the folks here and there follow Husker football a little more obsessively than the average joe.

I pretty much jumped after the Michigan St game.

Last year at the end I was just playing the spec. game of the whatifs. What if we got this guy. What if we got that guy. And was pretty much 'meh' on the whole fire Bo thing. More of a "whatever happens, happens" type of deal. When he was retained, I jumped back on board. It's just the way I am. I blindly support the program coaches and players in an offseason. I looked forward with some hope that experience on defense and offense would lead to taking the next step. But I also went in with this was the last chance. There had to be some progress somehow. The excuses are done in regards to talent level, recruiting, new offense, new conference, injuries/depth.

When the season started, I got excited. We looked pretty good. Regardless of competition. But a couple things happened with me this season. One, I started to get into coaching. I have a 6 year old son and we got into the flag football. I've always wanted to start dabbling into coaching football. So I started to read up and study up on the little nuances and intricacies of the game. Things that were well beyond any knowledge I've ever had prior. With this came and tendancy for my to watch the little things within game. Then 2, the Michigan St game happened. And I thought that performance was nothing more than complete garbage. Even though our defense was ok, when you look at when Michigan St scored on their big plays, it's was head scratching. I know mistakes and big plays happen, but it was just such a lack of tenacity. Lack of basic skill that aggrevated me. I came to the point that night that nothing was different about this team. Nothing was changed. I wouldnt say I completely packed it in on the Bo era, but I knew this year was gonna be the same. I went into pessimist mode and the next 3 wins, to the despise of many both here and home, started to overanalyze things and after the Purdue game, even at 8-1, had reached the conclusion that we were gonna be 9-4 again. i didnt predict what would happen at Wisconsin. I wont thump my chest like that. But i did say, that if we played like we did in the 3 games since Sparty, Wiscy would beat us by 3 scores. then of course what happened happened.

Now, it's not all about wins and losses. Combine it with Kenny Bell's antics. I'm sorry, i'm not a fan of someone that outspoken. it's a reflection of the staff and the head coach. he's just so combative. And you cant have that on a football team in this environement. There's no ability on this team to embrace the good, block out the bad, and move on. The whole combative nature with this team has just worn thin. Then Cotton's comments. Over analyzed or not, jsut are ridiculous. And to me, any disdain from the fanbase is complete warranted at this point. I've come to the reality that the 9/10 wins crap is exactly that crap. Cuz Callahan could win 9-10 games in this conference.

This program and fanbase cannot afford another gloom offseason. Last one was bad enough. Get some fresh faces in here and generate some excitement.

I'm so done with it. It's just time for a change

• Fire 2

Recruiting is on the upswing.

It seems like that is said every year . . . and I disagree. Our recruiting results are pretty consistent.

No man, just you wait! You know that guy Gregory who I hate now and I say won't even be all Big Ten? He should be a top five pick and proof Bo gets it!

Meanwhile, our elite 11 QB reads comic books in his dorm, never seeing the field, never being coached, and if he's smart, planning his transfer to Arizona.

The kabuki theatre that is "Bo's got recruiting on the upswing and progressing overall, especially if he hired new ac's" is about as believable as pro wrestling being real at this point.

• Fire 2

It seems like that is said every year . . . and I disagree. Our recruiting results are pretty consistent.
No man, just you wait! You know that guy Gregory who I hate now and I say won't even be all Big Ten? He should be a top five pick and proof Bo gets it!

Meanwhile, our elite 11 QB reads comic books in his dorm, never seeing the field, never being coached, and if he's smart, planning his transfer to Arizona.

The kabuki theatre that is "Bo's got recruiting on the upswing and progressing overall, especially if he hired new ac's" is about as believable as pro wrestling being real at this point.

I think that I have a much better perspective about our overall talent now that I don't obsessively follow individual recruits. I think that I couldn't see the forest for the trees.

• Fire 1

• Fire 2

I've got nothing against Bo personally. (easy to say cuz I don't know him personally but just sayin). I know some people can't get past his demeanor and antics. Those aren't what bother me. I kind of like it when he gets fired up. However, I don't like it when he totally loses it and starts ripping players, distracting the team, and not doing his job. What bothers me and why I'm ready for change is his total lack willingness to change. Particularly in these blowouts losses, the coaches have failed to even try anything different. When things go south they look like deer in headlights. Try different players, try different sets, anything but don't keep doing the exact same thing expecting different results. That more than anything is why Bo needs to go. Running a close 2nd would be his disdain for the fans and the attitude that instills in his players. All of them would be better off accepting responsibility and worrying about what they're doing and tuning out the noise of a disgruntled fan base. WE (the fans) are not the problem but Bo and Kenny and some others don't get that. Really tired of some of these players saying they'd fight at the gates of hell for Bo. Apparently Wisconsin and MSU are more intimidating than the gates of hell cuz they sure seem to check out in any game against a ranked opponent. And that is a result of the culture Bo has cultivated around this program. It's a cancer really.

I think that I have a much better perspective about our overall talent now that I don't obsessively follow individual recruits. I think that I couldn't see the forest for the trees.

Probably very easy to fall in love with the individuals.

But the Stanton case is very troubling to me. Every vehicle that I saw (granted, I don't follow much) implied that this kid has the pedigree and the chops. He can't progress past third string while the starter tosses arm punts with two guys wide open? He can't even see the field at all?

The only talk about him is that "he needs time to get it" from the coaches. I'm going to need a ton of convincing at this point that these coaches,especially the offensive ones can make players out of top recruits, let alone ones that were only given QB offered by Nebraska and So Miss

I'm always going to plus 1 that. God that's still so great.