Roll Call - who is left in the Bo camp?

carlfense

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recruiting is on the upswing.

It seems like that is said every year . . . and I disagree. Our recruiting results are pretty consistent.

It is said every year so hopefully that means its improving every year. Id say if we haul in the class we have committed right now it could easily be his best.

I dont know that it grants him 4 more years of 4 losses though...

It seems like that is said every year . . . and I disagree. Our recruiting results are pretty consistent.

It is said every year so hopefully that means its improving every year. Id say if we haul in the class we have committed right now it could easily be his best.

It doesn't even grant him four weeks. Callahan's 07 class would have been top five.

No man, just you wait! You know that guy Gregory who I hate now and I say won't even be all Big Ten? He should be a top five pick and proof Bo gets it!

Meanwhile, our elite 11 QB reads comic books in his dorm, never seeing the field, never being coached, and if he's smart, planning his transfer to Arizona.

The kabuki theatre that is "Bo's got recruiting on the upswing and progressing overall, especially if he hired new ac's" is about as believable as pro wrestling being real at this point.

I think that I have a much better perspective about our overall talent now that I don't obsessively follow individual recruits. I think that I couldn't see the forest for the trees.

Probably very easy to fall in love with the individuals.

But the Stanton case is very troubling to me. Every vehicle that I saw (granted, I don't follow much) implied that this kid has the pedigree and the chops. He can't progress past third string while the starter tosses arm punts with two guys wide open? He can't even see the field at all?

The only talk about him is that "he needs time to get it" from the coaches. I'm going to need a ton of convincing at this point that these coaches,especially the offensive ones can make players out of top recruits, let alone ones that were only given QB offered by Nebraska and So Miss

I remember Dilfer saying he was a transcending talent and a program changer. This is what aggrevates me. when you get someone that talented, you dont force them to change or learn or try to fit a square peg in a round hole type of deal. If so, you shouldntve recruited him to begin with. You shoudntve known better. You tailor the system around him. You do what it takes to get him on the field. I think that's what good coaching is. Elite 11 qb. Awesome talent. Looked the part just like any top notch qb as someone that should come in and play right away, and yet here he is, 3rd string behind a walk on and a dual threat that cant read defenses. All becuase supposedly he "cant grasp it". No sense at all.

And it's not with the qb issue. It's become painfully obvious to me (see my post above about how I've changed my perspective on how I watch the game. This is why these opinions are new and not something I saw earlier) that development is lacking at all positions. Even running back. And I dont think that's an indictment of Brown. it's the culture of the programs that has trickled down. Cross has wasted 3 years trying to be something he isnt to try and be the back that he things Beck and Bo want him to be, instead of just focusing on being great at beign the type of back he is, and embracing the roll he coulda had. Sorry, but at this point Cross is a joke in my opinion. And i feel for the guy. Newby? LOL. So under this staff, I dont expect anythign from Taylor, Wilbon and Bussey either. And this problem is team wide for every position.

Had the Huskers played competitively to their best, with a few mistakes here and there against the two teams we knew would be tough games (MSU & Wisconsin) I think Bo & Co would be safe. But these blowouts under the spotlight have run their course. Year after year it seems. It's tiring. A HC change would be ok by me.

*MSU wasn't a scoreboard blowout. But anyone watching knew which team played well and which team stunk and underperformed for 3 quarters. It was the primetime game of the week.

*Wisconsin chaos on the sideline and on the field was the dagger.

• Fire 1

I like Shawn Eichorst, our athletic director, and I think his example is one to follow: save the judgments for after the entire season is over.

The two biggest games in Nebraska's season are over, they were both lost, and lost in a head scratching, embarrassing manner. Nothing done against Minnesota and Iowa changes those facts.

So I will agree with you that the ENTIRE season is not over, the IMPORTANT parts of it certainly are.

It doesn't even grant him four weeks. Callahan's 07 class would have been top five.

you mean '08.

And as far as if we win these next 2 or 3 games. It makes absolutely no difference to me. I already know what we'll get out of a Bo coached team in any game that makes a difference. these next 3 games don't qualify and I don't care what our record is at the end of the season. This program has got to start winning games of substance.

you mean '08.

I guess, yes. 08 signing day

Change now would start another spiral we wouldn't want to see... Not many Coaches chompin' at the bit to coach at a place that wants to fire you after other guy was winning 9+ a year and they wanted his head.. Changes need to be made on staff, but not at the top IMO.. It amazes me at how many people on this site are upset by having an emotional coach when all they did was complain about the last guy who was a statue... SMH..

I'd seen enough after about three or four years. Nothing ever changes. Same lack of fundamentals and discipline.

I really believe some people are just not head coach types.

And I certainly can't see him accepting new coordinators being forced on him, and I would really have a hard time believing he would/could give them the latitude they would need in order to change things