Roll Call - who is left in the Bo camp?

carlfense

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the three biggest problems we have (in order) are:

1. Lack of an actual defensive coordinator to push back on Bo's stubbornness to turn us into a B1G rush defense

2. Offensive line coaching

3. An apparent lack of QB coaching

I feel like it's completely obvious those three things are not getting fixed in our current configuration. I'd prefer the Solich Ultimatum. Fire your coordinators, fire Cotton (FOR F***'S SAKE, FIRE COTTON), fire Ganz, and bring in known variables at each.

I like Bo as the face of the program, and I think his integrity and values match up pretty well with our program's traditions/the state's values - similar to what QMany said. But no more pissing on a game like Saturday and then claim in the Monday morning presser that it's raining.

I'd be fine with keeping Bo as long as massive coaching changes are made on both sides along with a new scheme on defense. Bringing in Muschamp and giving him free reign would be a great start. Cotton, Beck, Pap, and Els can all go. Garrison is 50/50 for me. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he's new. But Bo probably should of hired someone with experience instead.

However, given Pelini's attiude, I could see it being difficult to hire coordinators that are above the ones we currently have now. Not many coaches would like to be screamed at 24/7.

I'd be fine with keeping Bo as long as massive coaching changes are made on both sides along with a new scheme on defense. Bringing in Muschamp and giving him free reign would be a great start. Cotton, Beck, Pap, and Els can all go. Garrison is 50/50 for me. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he's new. But Bo probably should of hired someone with experience instead.

However, given Pelini's attiude, I could see it being difficult to hire coordinators that are above the ones we currently have now. Not many coaches would like to be screamed at 24/7.

i really do not know why you would keep bo if you think his defensive scheme needs complete overhaul and he barely has a coach he has hired worth keeping on staff.

• Fire 1

I'm somewhere between 60/40 and 51/49 on Time to Go. I don't disregard the accomplishment of #9wins because it's a real thing, however he got there.

It's the fact that we're at Square One again with everything in Year Seven that kills me. And we have no reason to believe that anything will change next year or the year after. Nothing's terribly wrong with 8-2 or even 10-2 if that's how we finish the regular season, but EVERYTHING is wrong with playing like dog ass for 3/4 of the Sparty and Wiscy games. There's no excuse for it, ever.

I won't jump off a cliff if Bo's here next year. I'll just know that we'll lose a few games, and that at least one of them will be in spectacularly embarrassing fashion. The pollsters won't show us any love because they have no reason to, and we'll hear the same pressers before, during and after the season that we've heard the past seven years.

I'll still be at the games, still cheering for our boys, still depressed that someone's senior season will be spoiled for no good reason.

What you just described pretty much summed up my entire childhood thoughts with regards to TO. Really didn't care if he was there the next year or not. The only thing you could pretty much mark up was an embarrassment typically the first week of January typically against a team from the state of Florida. I never really became a believer until my first year of college at UNL, and really not then until the bowl game when cocky Tommie Frazier stole Charlie Ward's thunder.

Growing up in a border town, there always seemed to be about half the kids in school dressed in other college team colors. In grade school, it was primarily OU's colors. By high school, it was primarily CU's colors. The continual running joke was what is the difference between cheerios and TO? Cheerios belong in a bowl.

I voted to give Bo more time. It's not that I exactly believe or have a strong opinion either way as much as it is I don't believe there's this silver bullet hire out there. I'm sure Michigan thought Hoke was a few years back when they made a BCS bowl. I'm hearing Rich Rod's name being bantered around for the Florida job. I'm a lot more concerned about firing a coach and hiring another failure than I am about being spanked a time or two each year.

• Fire 1

i really do not know why you would keep bo if you think his defensive scheme needs complete overhaul and he barely has a coach he has hired worth keeping on staff.

I don't see a coach better than Bo coming to Nebraska quite honestly. For the record, I'd keep Fisher, Brown, Warren, and probably Kaz. Besides that, everyone else can go.

Certainly not because of his PR skills, managerial skills, recruiting skills, or ability to spot and attract coaching talent.

Certainly not because of his PR skills, managerial skills, recruiting skills, or ability to spot and attract coaching talent.
How about his fashion sense, respect of authority, friendliness to the fan base, humbleness, amount of hardware won, attention to recruiting, proactiveness and total disdain for nepotism?

How about his fashion sense, respect of authority, friendliness to the fan base, humbleness, amount of hardware won, attention to recruiting, proactiveness and total disdain for nepotism?
and certainly not for in-game adjustments.

If we win the next two games by three scores each, the poll results will be different.

ESPN Boston recently ran a poll after LeGarette Blount's release from the Steelers, asking if Pats fans thought it would be a good idea to bring him back. The results were significantly opposed (I want to say 65-35). Only one day later the Patriots did sign Blount, prompting a follow-up story and poll, "Blount signing. Great move, or the greatest move?" (Not the wording, of course)...this time, the results were even more overwhelmingly in favor (around 80-20).

That's how it goes in fandom. Things change on a dime. There's rarely a middle ground. Which is why being a Husker fan has been so vexing lately. We want to pronounce the triumph of one extreme but Bo doggedly hews to the 4 Loss Season.

not my words but pretty exact thoughts- for those of you that can't stand Bo's yelling- grow a sack

All anyone would have to do is listen to Osborne speak at several events over the last 3-4 years and you'd hear him detail why it's so much harder for Bo now than it was for him.

1) Tom took over a National Championship program. Bo took over a pile of crap.

2) Nebraska owned walkons and recruits in Nebraska in the 70s and most of the 80s. Now, everyone recruits Nebraska.

3) Tom took non-qualifiers, partial qualifiers and could recruit any number of scholarship guys a year as long as room existed for them when school started. Bo cannot. The Big Ten doesn't allow it.

4) Behavioral rules have changed a lot. Tom will be the first to tell you that until 1996, he made the call on guys who can play. Now, Bo has no say on guys the University decides to discipline. Alexander would be playing now. Moss would be playing now. Under Tom, they'd be in the lineup. Bo would like to play them. He can't. The SEC and other schools can take guys we can't take. Their disciplinary policies are They can take risks we cannot take. They can leave guys who assault women not only on the team, but start them. NU cannot.

5) Bo's first 3 years, he geared his team for the Big 12 and recruited accordingly. In mid stream, that changed. Moved to a conference probably the least like the Big 12 of all the conferences.

6) Bo went to 3 Big 12/10 CG's in 6 years. That's winning a 6 team conference. Tom struggled to win an 8 team conference until Barry Switzer left save for the triplet years.

Bo beat KST (3-0), KU (3-0), OKST (1-0), Iowa State (2-1), CU (3-0), Missouri (2-1) and OU 1-2). That's going 15-4 against the old Big 8, the teams Tom had to beat. That's just under 80% winning percentage. That compares nicely with Tom's his first 7 years against the Big 8 teams, and he had a much better situation.

I haven't even gone into the shift in population from northern schools to the south and west, the recruiting rules becoming more difficult in terms of contacts, permissible visits, planes, support, etc...the lack of great players from Omaha over the last several years that were being produced pretty regularly in the 80s and 90s, or the diminished attraction to Nebraska now that TV shows everyone, not just the teams like Nebraska and Oklahoma every week in the Big 8.

It's maddening that you have to explain this stuff to Nebraska fans, until you realize NU fans are among the dumbest on the planet. They have no idea why Tom won, and why Bo is trying to build his program on the same foundational principles. All they remember are the early 80s and the mid 90s. Because they are fuckking stupid.

not my words but pretty exact thoughts- for those of you that can't stand Bo's yelling- grow a sack

All anyone would have to do is listen to Osborne speak at several events over the last 3-4 years and you'd hear him detail why it's so much harder for Bo now than it was for him.

2) Nebraska owned walkons and recruits in Nebraska in the 70s and most of the 80s. Now, everyone recruits Nebraska.

3) Tom took non-qualifiers, partial qualifiers and could recruit any number of scholarship guys a year as long as room existed for them when school started. Bo cannot. The Big Ten doesn't allow it.

4) Behavioral rules have changed a lot. Tom will be the first to tell you that until 1996, he made the call on guys who can play. Now, Bo has no say on guys the University decides to discipline. Alexander would be playing now. Moss would be playing now. Under Tom, they'd be in the lineup. Bo would like to play them. He can't. The SEC and other schools can take guys we can't take. Their disciplinary policies are They can take risks we cannot take. They can leave guys who assault women not only on the team, but start them. NU cannot.

5) Bo's first 3 years, he geared his team for the Big 12 and recruited accordingly. In mid stream, that changed. Moved to a conference probably the least like the Big 12 of all the conferences.

6) Bo went to 3 Big 12/10 CG's in 6 years. That's winning a 6 team conference. Tom struggled to win an 8 team conference until Barry Switzer left save for the triplet years.

Bo beat KST (3-0), KU (3-0), OKST (1-0), Iowa State (2-1), CU (3-0), Missouri (2-1) and OU 1-2). That's going 15-4 against the old Big 8, the teams Tom had to beat. That's just under 80% winning percentage. That compares nicely with Tom's his first 7 years against the Big 8 teams, and he had a much better situation.

I haven't even gone into the shift in population from northern schools to the south and west, the recruiting rules becoming more difficult in terms of contacts, permissible visits, planes, support, etc...the lack of great players from Omaha over the last several years that were being produced pretty regularly in the 80s and 90s, or the diminished attraction to Nebraska now that TV shows everyone, not just the teams like Nebraska and Oklahoma every week in the Big 8.

It's maddening that you have to explain this stuff to Nebraska fans, until you realize NU fans are among the dumbest on the planet. They have no idea why Tom won, and why Bo is trying to build his program on the same foundational principles. All they remember are the early 80s and the mid 90s. Because they are fuckking stupid.

Today I learned Suh, Amukamara, Dennard, Hagg, Helu, Henery and Ganz were piles of crap.

• Fire 1

Today I learned Suh, Amukamara, Dennard, Hagg, Helu, Henery and Ganz were piles of crap.

Here you go again with pulling stupid sh#t out of the air.