Roll Call - who is left in the Bo camp?

carlfense

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can the guy...can't win big games, put Nebraska the record books for giving up the most rushing yards to a single player in a single game, micro-manages the team, refuses to fire his friends (i.e. the coordinators), criticizes the fans, just recently began recruiting well, etc. Also, we have a small recruiting class, have a fairly easy schedule next year, and a lot of returning talent for next year. What more can you say...the time seems right

Didn't read the thread but here's my two contributions:

1. Bo loses fans by the day, but overall more people in "Husker Nation" are on his side than aren't.

2. I wouldn't mind at all, and would even prefer, to have a new head coach. But I will continue to wish and root for Bo to succeed until such a time that he is no longer our head coach.

• Fire 2

Can we please stop saying Bo inherited crap. He inherited more NFL talent then he has recruited in 7 years

I guess I would need to know what you consider nfl talent. Also Im not buying your second sentence. Also, what did you think of Bos inherited nfl talent before Bo. These things are all essential in making your argument.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=441

• Fire 1

1. Bo loses fans by the day, but overall more people in "Husker Nation" are on his side than aren't.

2. I wouldn't mind at all, and would even prefer, to have a new head coach. But I will continue to wish and root for Bo to succeed until such a time that he is no longer our head coach.

Could you point me to the data that shows more people in Husker nation are on his side than aren't? That does not appear to be the case at all with the few polls I've seen. You might be right but it's time to prove it up.

• Fire 1

2014 (3)

2nd Round Bo- Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB, New Orleans

3rd Round Bo- Spencer Long, OG, Washington

6th Round Bo- Quincy Enunwa, WR, New York Jets

2013 (2)

6th Round Bo- Rex Burkhead, RB, Cincinnati

7th Round Bo- Daimion Stafford, SS, Tennessee

2012 (4)

2nd Round Bo- Lavonte David, LB, Tampa Bay

4th Round Cally- Jared Crick, DE, Houston

7th Round Bo - Alfonzo Dennard, CB, New England

7th Round Cally- Marcel Jones, OL, New Orleans

2011 (7)

1st Round Cally- Prince Amukamara, CB, New York Giants

4th Round Cally - Roy Helu Jr., RB, Washington

4th Round Cally- Alex Henery, PK, Philadelphia

5th Round. Bo- DeJon Gomes, S, Washington

5th Round. Cally- Niles Paul, WR, Washington

6th Round Cally - Keith Williams, OG, Pittsburgh

7th Round Cally - Eric Hagg, S, Cleveland

2010 - (3)

1st round Cally - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Detroit

4th round Cally - Phillip Dillard, LB, N.Y. Giants

5th round Cally - Larry Asante, S, Cleveland

2009 - (3)

5th round Cally- Cody Glenn, LB, Washington

6th round Cally- Matt Slauson, OL, New York

7th round Cally- Lydon Murtha, OL, Detroit

2008 - (2)

5th round Cally- Zackary Bowman, CB, Chicago

5th round Cally- Carl Nicks, OL, New Orleans

Could you point me to the data that shows more people in Husker nation are on his side than aren't? That does not appear to be the case at all with the few polls I've seen. You might be right but it's time to prove it up.
Heh. The other day on the radio Sipple said, "there's still people who support Bo, I hear from them." Far cry from his "vocal minority" days.

Can we please stop saying Bo inherited crap. He inherited more NFL talent then he has recruited in 7 years

I guess I would need to know what you consider nfl talent. Also Im not buying your second sentence. Also, what did you think of Bos inherited nfl talent before Bo. These things are all essential in making your argument.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=441

So youre not counting Bos recruits that currently are playing at NU that will be drafted? Cause according to your statement. This whole team was recruited by Bo and their NFL story has yet to be written.

How can it be proven up and why does it need proven since Pelini is not going to be let go?

The season is 12 games long, and there's any number of ways these last 2 games will go. I don't think anyone can realistically claim to know how it's going to happen. We've seen both good and bad this year, and we've seen teams all over the country look radically different from one week to the next.

Could we lose these last two games? Yes. Could we drop 50 on Minnesota tomorrow? Also yes.

I like Shawn Eichorst, our athletic director, and I think his example is one to follow: save the judgments for after the entire season is over.

The results of these last two games (or three with the bowl) do not matter to me. At best, we'll be 11-2 with no conference championship, a weak-ish bowl game and two humiliating nationally broadcast defeats against the only ranked teams we played. And all this would rate as Bo's BEST SEASON yet.

Yay!

I'm sorry, but that's not good enough. The "process" has failed to produce anything remotely close to championship caliber football in SEVEN years. I've seen enough of Bo's "process."

The worst part is he doesn't even acknowledge problems exist. It's all blame the fans, blame the media, blame the players lack of execution, blame the opposing coaches, blame the officials, blame the league office, blame the recruits, blame the other teams that get blown out too...

At the end of the day, words are just words. Pelini can talk about "pointing the thumb," or being "sorry," or whatever else, but I have yet to see him actually accept responsibility for anything beyond a little lip service.

I'm pretty sure he's a decent guy. I don't have any reason to believe otherwise. But he's in way over his head and has surrounded himself with assistants who are even deeper over their heads. The guy is just not head coaching material for a program of this caliber. Maybe he would fit in better at an Illinois or Purdue where the expectations are lower.

• Fire 1

Let's be honest here...

For me personally, if this team loses out the rest of the season and ends at 8-5, I'm ready for a change.

At 9-4 again, I'm on the fence and would be fine with it either way.

At 10-3 or 11-2 at the end of the season, I think that's a mark of progress for Bo. We get a new top-notch OC in with power to hire whoever he wants as his assistants, and I think with the defense we are going to field next year, we're competing for the B1G championship. So in that case, Bo ought to stay.

That's my 2 cents. So if the team can win 10 or 11 games this year, I think that's a step forward and Bo is still our guy.

Just heard next year we are adding Devry University and University of Phoenix to the schedule so we can pad the win list further.

Critics are always louder. There's no way we will ever get the realistic numbers due to the cost and resources that would go into such a meaningless effort, but if you look at the entirety of the fanbase, which includes middle-aged Betty from Beatrice who has never even heard the term messageboard and would probably answer 8 out of 10 factual trivia questions about the program wrong, then you start grouping a very large amount of people that like Bo and are clueless to the majority of stuff that goes on surrounding the team that they don't directly hear or see during game broadcasts on Saturday.

I could be wrong, and it's obvious what the opinions are of Bo online, but the internet is a very long ways from being a fair sampling of demographics.