Shawn Eichorst

np_husker

Does anybody else have a problem with coaches at the University not being able to get a meeting with him???? That is the thing that stuck out most to me. That's not acceptable as the AD at a major college!!

It's crazy! Plus, the fact that he assigns the coaches books to read? Doesn't he think they have enough to do already?

I wonder if he reads their book reports.

I don't know Eichorst at all, but I think people are making a much out of this right now. Yes, we don't know too much about him, due to his style of "not being out in the open". He could be a big dork, or he could just be a quiet guy. NU had a former AD who was always outside of his office, checking in on his coaches and staff, and most people thought he was being egotistical and meddled where he didn't need to be.

Osborne was a former coach, so it was natural for him to be around the coaches at their practice, observing them. Eichorst is a business/administrative guy who prefers to let their coaches do their own thing. I agree that it's concerning if coaches can't get any meeting time with him. But, I think the "assigning" of books, could be taken out of context and the books could be more of "recommendations". Do you think it's wrong for an AD to slip a book about leadership, communication, etc. in a coach's mailbox with a note?

I don't know Eichorst at all, but I think people are making a much out of this right now. Yes, we don't know too much about him, due to his style of "not being out in the open". He could be a big dork, or he could just be a quiet guy. NU had a former AD who was always outside of his office, checking in on his coaches and staff, and most people thought he was being egotistical and meddled where he didn't need to be.

Osborne was a former coach, so it was natural for him to be around the coaches at their practice, observing them. Eichorst is a business/administrative guy who prefers to let their coaches do their own thing. I agree that it's concerning if coaches can't get any meeting time with him. But, I think the "assigning" of books, could be taken out of context and the books could be more of "recommendations". Do you think it's wrong for an AD to slip a book about leadership, communication, etc. in a coach's mailbox with a note?

Perhaps it was: Catching Fire or The Hunger Games

Tough to take Lee's article serious when the second paragraph tied to the headline isn't true. Opposing teams tickets have zero impact on the sellout streak. Their tickets are assumed sold at the beginning of the season.

With that said, nothing earth shattering in this article. Right or wrong, he's blowing smoke. That's it.

+1.

He's not really blowing too much smoke. If we dont hire a new coaching staff, the sellout streak will end. And I'd bet it'd be by thousands. I guess boosters need to decide if they wanna fork out big bugs for buyouts or for unsold tickets.

This is the first season I didnt go to a game since 1990. Normally I go to 5-all. This year was only gonna be 2 or 3 at most anyway. I have other things going on. I wanted to wait and see till the Sparty game to see what this team was really made of. Heh. I lost interest in spending any money or time after that this season. I made the right choice. And if top to bottom changes arent made, I'll have zero interests next year either.

Now the thing is, this isn't just a Count feeling. It's a feeling being echoed by more and more each DAY.

• Fire 1

Does anybody else have a problem with coaches at the University not being able to get a meeting with him???? That is the thing that stuck out most to me. That's not acceptable as the AD at a major college!!

It is a problem, from what I understand that was first addressed during the initial six months of hire. I'm real confident in saying Tim Miles won't be too happy that Lee put that in his article.

Also, just finished reading the article and his comment about Miles' contract at the end doesn't seem accurate. I was told Miles didn't want to revamp his contract and is waiting till this season is over (2014-2015) for contract negotiations.

Stop telling the coaches to read your stupid books...

My first coaching gig, the AD put a coaching book in my mailbox at school. I was okay with it, it was was my first real job coaching where I was getting paid. But that is it...after that...NO MORE BOOKS

This is a very unfortunate opinion.

Why is it awful that someone in charge wants to insure that his employees keep learning?

I think any anger and hostility towards Shawn Eichorst and his "inability" to do his job is misguided. Unless he happens to retain Bo, in which case, burn the witch, obvs

That would be a problem if it is in fact a problem. I can't hardly believe that to be true however. That's his job, I seriously doubt he is dodging meetings with coaches who work for him. My take is that Lee was maybe exaggerating one small comment in a sort of retaliation for the AD's office not being more forthcoming.

I'm perfectly content to wait until after the Iowa game then, if SE doesn't announce that Pelini is being replaced, we can put him on the sh#t list as well. It's in Shawn's court now if the fans will be calling for his head as well as Bo's.

Stop telling the coaches to read your stupid books...

My first coaching gig, the AD put a coaching book in my mailbox at school. I was okay with it, it was was my first real job coaching where I was getting paid. But that is it...after that...NO MORE BOOKS

This is a very unfortunate opinion.

Why is it awful that someone in charge wants to insure that his employees keep learning?

I think any anger and hostility towards Shawn Eichorst and his "inability" to do his job is misguided. Unless he happens to retain Bo, in which case, burn the witch, obvs

Remember he works for the Alumni who pay his salary and I hear that Bo is close to a couple of the big donors: Hawk & Pelan.