The Sock Puppet Rides!

Just something to think about: whoever gets hired, splash or not, Husker Nation should do our best to support him.

Sexist.

Didn't think it would be an issue. I personally can't ever recall hearing about a female football coach.

If there is one at the high school or college level, I would gladly edit my previous post if you can provide links to a credible source.

scott frosts mom coached dline or some sh#t at wood river. Just sayin. Cuz. You know....

Just something to think about: whoever gets hired, splash or not, Husker Nation should do our best to support him. Regardless of wins or losses, all I'm asking for is to bring back pride to Nebraska. Give us a product that we can point to and say "Hey, no matter what you think about our state, at least you have to admit we have a damn good football team". That's not too much to ask for, is it?

I don't want a return to the '90s. I have just two requests of our future coach:

1) Embrace the fan base, the program, and its history, and include the people of the State of Nebraska in what is happening with the program, good and bad

2) Field a team that plays disciplined, competitive football and keep the blowouts to an absolute minimum

• Fire 2

Just something to think about: whoever gets hired, splash or not, Husker Nation should do our best to support him.

Sexist.

Didn't think it would be an issue. I personally can't ever recall hearing about a female football coach.

If there is one at the high school or college level, I would gladly edit my previous post if you can provide links to a credible source.

scott frosts mom coached dline or some sh#t at wood river. Just sayin. Cuz. You know....

The search for the DL coach is now over.

Just something to think about: whoever gets hired, splash or not, Husker Nation should do our best to support him. Regardless of wins or losses, all I'm asking for is to bring back pride to Nebraska. Give us a product that we can point to and say "Hey, no matter what you think about our state, at least you have to admit we have a damn good football team". That's not too much to ask for, is it?

I don't want a return to the '90s. I have just two requests of our future coach:

1) Embrace the fan base, the program, and its history, and include the people of the State of Nebraska in what is happening with the program, good and bad

2) Field a team that plays disciplined, competitive football and keep the blowouts to an absolute minimum

and

3) 3 national championships in the next 4 years.

I have been coming to HB for years and have gotten a lot of great info from the posters on here, so when a friend of mine, who has no reason to lie to me texted me some info that might be of interest, I thought it would do the right thing and pass it along. I'm not exactly an attention seeker on this board and prefer to use it to find out what's going on. I don't have that much to contribute so when something like this is passed along to me I feel like I should pull my weight a little as well. Next time I won't bother.

Please do bother. We appreciate the information.

Speaking for myself, I am just having some fun with this. I do believe the JT sightings, I just think it would be funny if the whole JT frenzy was due to people spotting some old guy that looks a lot like him and happened to be wearing a sweater vest but who probably thinks football is "brutish" and sophomoric, and instead fancies himself as a connoisseur of fine wines and string quartets. You have to admit that would be hilarious.

That would actually be pretty damned funny.

You can add another Jim Tressel sighting. A good friend texted me about an hour ago and said that JT and Harvey Pearlman were then sitting down together at a discreet location downtown and chatting.

I just don't get it. If JT is in fact being hired, why would they not go out of their way to make sure they meet somewhere in which he cannot be seen. And if he is just consulting why not come out and publicly acknowledge that JT is indeed in town but only here in a advisory fashion.

How did this friend get into this discreet location?

He works there, in a capacity where he definitely cannot pull out his phone and try to grab a picture or I would have asked him to.

Gotcha. Appreciate the info, but as you can imagine, we have to take claims like this with a grain of salt. Definitely hope it's true though!

I have been coming to HB for years and have gotten a lot of great info from the posters on here, so when a friend of mine, who has no reason to lie to me texted me some info that might be of interest, I thought it would do the right thing and pass it along. I'm not exactly an attention seeker on this board and prefer to use it to find out what's going on. I don't have that much to contribute so when something like this is passed along to me I feel like I should pull my weight a little as well. Next time I won't bother.

Post a screenshot of the text.

tumblr_m7r71w6LHN1rokis6o1_400.gif

qlTZoZt.gif

I realize that we've already progressed to Tressel sightings in Lincoln today but I figured I'd add the information I heard today.

A friend of a co-worker works for Duncan Aviation and said Tressel flew into Lincoln Sunday night.

I know I'm a newby so take that as you will (i've always just been a lurker). I have no reason to be suspicious of his information. Co-worker has spoken about his friend at duncan in the past, I've only met him in passing but he seems like a nice dude.

Please do share. I really don't find what you are saying too hard to believe. I mean I haven't picked up on the kind of establishment your friend works at, but I would find it reasonable that two guys would want to go somewhere to have a drink and partake in some meaningful discussion. I mean if he is in Nebraska, what would you expect them to do...go to the gas station to grab a couple 40s and sit in the backseat of the rental car to talk about some football