The Sock Puppet Rides!

This is one of the best threads we've had in forever. All the characters. The quips. The quotes. The gifs.

3pxtlnI.gif

Yes, Maximus. I am entertained.

You forgot the multi-quotes that takes up half the page! Yes, very awesome indeed!

Wait, we're being sarcastic right?

No we're not. It's a fun thread that has bonded a lot of users that were previously heavily divided by like or disliking Bo. This thread is bigger than the Sock.

WE ARE THE HAND THAT GOES IN THE SOCK. IT'S ALL LIKE A METAPHOR MAN.

One Sock to rule them all, One Sock to find them, One Sock to bring them all and in the fanbase bind them

• Fire 2

I'm must gonna throw something out after Socks last post. What if Sock is SE? The man has to do something on all those plane rides! Greatest deception in husker history!

I mentioned this...somewhere in the thread...somewhere...because during his interview he was asked how the fanbase could be healed or fixed or something to that nature and he said through communication. Now clearly SE isn't talking to anybody...so who and what was he referring to???

If this ends up being Mullen, I hope we all aren't despondent. It would be a home run.

The man has coached the following QB's, Alex Smith (Utah), Josh Harris (Bowling Green), Chris Leak (Florida) and Heisman Trophy-winner Tim Tebow (Florida)

His current QB, Dak Prescott, is no slouch either.

I'd be ok with that. Hell of a lot better than Bert.

was the brettening just a ploy to manage expectations?

I'm must gonna throw something out after Socks last post. What if Sock is SE? The man has to do something on all those plane rides! Greatest deception in husker history!

I mentioned this...somewhere in the thread...somewhere...because during his interview he was asked how the fanbase could be healed or fixed or something to that nature and he said through communication. Now clearly SE isn't talking to anybody...so who and what was he referring to???

Sadly, we will never know the man/woman behind the mask.

If this ends up being Mullen, I hope we all aren't despondent. It would be a home run.

The man has coached the following QB's, Alex Smith (Utah), Josh Harris (Bowling Green), Chris Leak (Florida) and Heisman Trophy-winner Tim Tebow (Florida)

His current QB, Dak Prescott, is no slouch either.

I'd be ok with that. Hell of a lot better than Bert.

was the brettening just a ploy to manage expectations?

Well he's going to have to do better than that. You know...accidentally leave a fake coaching list in the bathroom that looks something like this...

Coaching list of candidates

1. Barney Cotton

2. Carl Pelini

3. Scott Frost

4. Me $$$

5. Craig Bohl

• Fire 2

Tressel with or without Frost seems to be the the only guy that would unite the fan base. Its interesting because initially I was somewhat lukewarm about him as I felt his offense was mind numbing and his later years at OSU seemed to be marked by difficulty against SEC teams in bigger games. Then I thought about his recruiting connections. The man still has insane influence with high school coaches. Our recruiting will instantly vault to Top 10 I think should he come. At the end of the day most of the people being talked about are going to be better then Bo, but only the Vest will cause the rest of the country to sit up and take notice.

I also found myself liking SE after that presser. I thought he represented well. I want him to succeed and getting JT is the only way this whole ordeal will be seen unequivocally as a success.

If JT/Frost combo happens, wow. I will significantly increase my contributions to the athletic department at that point.

OK, I wanted to get in this thread. As usual, I have nothing constructive to add to the discussion. Except this: as full of epicness as this thread is, it may not be the single most epic thread in HB history. That may belong to the thread about the Youtube video being marked up by Husker fans. I say "may", instead of definitely is, because this thread is a uniter, not a divider.