Bo is Only the Fifth Coach w/ 9+ Wins Yadda Yadda...

Landlord

Gene Chizik?

Maybe Nebraska needs to spend more on it's quarterback.

Just checked the numbers and ding ding ding ding ding. Chizik was at Auburn 3 years and he had 3 games lost by 30+ points, all in his last season.

I GUESS THERE IS EVIDENCE THAT BO CAN WIN IT ALL AFTER ALL.

Honest question. If Bo isn't fired and wins a CCG next year, do you still want to fire him?

Won't happen...

because either A: Bo is fired

or B: Bo stays and we lose 4 out of BYU, Wisconsin, MSU, Miami, Minny, Iowa or hell, even Purdue....

Farfetched? We were 1 second from a CCG in 09. And way to not answer the question.

that was 5 years ago with callahan recruits. he has not been that close since.

Pretty much exactly what sd'sker said. We have only gotten worse since then. I answered the question - I don't know for sure because it would be dependent on more than just a blanket "won a championship" without context, because after all, even Gene Chizik won a championship.

You punted and you know it. But honestly, if Bo has a CCG win do you want to fire him? It took TO 20 years to win the MNC. But he had conference championships. So, if Bo gets one do you still want to fire him?

Gene Chizik?

Just checked the numbers and ding ding ding ding ding. Chizik was at Auburn 3 years and he had 3 games lost by 30+ points, all in his last season.

Honest question. If Bo isn't fired and wins a CCG next year, do you still want to fire him?

Won't happen...

or B: Bo stays and we lose to Wisconsin, MSU, Miami, Minny/Iowa or hell, even Purdue....

I respectfully disagree.

Gene Chizik?

Won't happen...

or B: Bo stays and we lose to Wisconsin, MSU, Miami, Minny/Iowa or hell, even Purdue....

Dont forget about BYU at home, beginning of the season...i'll be interested to see what that game does to home attendance if the outcome is negative.

I am wondering if any of the other 9 win coaches also have most of the worst defeats their team has ever had. Records in yards allowed, points allowed. Maybe we could measure that statistic as it tells a more complete story.

I'll even do it easier.

Alabama

Oregon

Nebraska.

BCS appearances by the team in order.

you realize there isnt BCS bowls anymore, yes?

I am wondering if any of the other 9 win coaches also have most of the worst defeats their team has ever had. Records in yards allowed, points allowed. Maybe we could measure that statistic as it tells a more complete story.

I'll even do it easier.

Alabama

Oregon

Nebraska.

I must be missing the point where that matters, when measuring coaching history...

You punted and you know it. But honestly, if Bo has a CCG win do you want to fire him? It took TO 20 years to win the MNC. But he had conference championships. So, if Bo gets one do you still want to fire him?

How do you not understand my answer? It is dependent on circumstances.

If we have a commendable season, beating teams we should beat and being honestly competitive and disciplined against teams better than us, and we win a hard fought game against a good adversary then no I won't want him fired.

But if we were to still look like historically stinky dog sh#t once or twice during the year and it so happened that we were facing the 3rd best team from the other division due to sanctions, then yeah, I would likely not think that was worth very much or representative of our team actually being very good and would still want him gone.

Please tell me you understand the difference between the two hypothetical scenarios.

Has there been a sign anywhere that the pattern is going to be broken?

Like you said, past events don't predict future results.

If they give us a hint, as you say they most probably do, then we would be getting another Callahan type because we are switching out a Solich type when we do so out of panic.

Can't have it both ways.

Neither of these things are based on random chance (that is the scenario where past performance can't predict future performance) where each test, so to speak, would be completely independent (think of rolling a die-- if I roll a 2, that doesn't mean that I'm more or less likely to roll a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 on my next roll. They're all independent of each other and my 2 can't predict what the next roll will be). However, the outcomes where many of the variables that can influence the outcome are held constant (like coaches) are not independent and trends emerge and accurate predictions can be made with a margin of error. Bo is setting a trend.

The people who hired Callahan aren't here any more. The important variables have changed.

Besides, there aren't enough data points to make any predictions about the AD's performance in hiring coaches. We do have a lot of data points with Bo's staff, and many odd trends hold across recruiting classes. The same problems crop up year after year even when the players have been changed and the schedule has gotten increasingly lighter. The only constant has been the coaching staff.

How do you not understand my answer? It is dependent on circumstances.

If we have a commendable season, beating teams we should beat and being honestly competitive and disciplined against teams better than us, and we win a hard fought game against a good adversary then no I won't want him fired.

But if we were to still look like historically stinky dog sh#t once or twice during the year and it so happened that we were facing the 3rd best team from the other division due to sanctions, then yeah, I would likely not think that was worth very much or representative of our team actually being very good and would still want him gone.

Please tell me you understand the difference between the two hypothetical scenarios.

Shanked that one LLOMS.

I'll even do it easier.

Alabama

Oregon

Nebraska.

I must be missing the point where that matters, when measuring coaching history...
im crackin jokes. Polo probably got it. Hes got a taste for smart ass.

*snicker*

Shanked that one LLOMS.

wut

Your punt. You shanked it. Answer the question. Don't waffle. Yes or no does a CCG win change your mind in firing Bo? It matters to you that TO shared two conference championships before winning one outright in 9 years.

Does a CCG change your mind? Simple question.

Farfetched? We were 1 second from a CCG in 09. And way to not answer the question.

that was 5 years ago with callahan recruits. he has not been that close since.

Pretty much exactly what sd'sker said. We have only gotten worse since then. I answered the question - I don't know for sure because it would be dependent on more than just a blanket "won a championship" without context, because after all, even Gene Chizik won a championship.

Lol didn't you criticize this same poster on another thread for not using current coaching data pertaining to this year, yet you want to make some hypothetical about what if Bo won a championship? That in itself is very hypocritical. You don't need to ask what ifs because it hasn't happen. Until Pelini has won a conference championship then he shouldn't be credited for doing so and should be treated as if he hadn't. Since hopefully the goal at Nebraska is to win atleast a conference championship, he should be fired. To make up hypotheticals about the future is just ridiculous

I'll even do it easier.

Alabama

Oregon

Nebraska.

im crackin jokes. Polo probably got it. Hes got a taste for smart ass.

*snicker*

How deviant.