That Game Was....

Bo Pelini's Husker career condensed into 60 minutes of football.

• Erratic, mistake-prone execution by offense, defense and special teams, all out-of-sync at the same time.

• Flashes of brilliance to confirm that the talent is there, sparking an almost cruel flicker of hope.

• Somehow doing just enough to beat a team you're expected to beat, and wrapping up a 9 win season.

Bo Pelini's Husker career condensed into 60 minutes of football.

• Erratic, mistake-prone execution by offense, defense and special teams, all out-of-sync at the same time.

• Flashes of brilliance to confirm that the talent is there, sparking an almost cruel flicker of hope.

• Somehow doing just enough to beat a team you're expected to beat, and wrapping up a 9 win season.

Spot on post. A true microcosm of his time here. If we could ever put together a complete 4 quarters, in all 3 phases we would be world beaters and planning who we would be playing in the playoffs........

*would have been lost without DPE

Good thing we have him then.
9b3.png
And? Isn't that what a HC is supposed to do, recruit difference makers who can make plays? The point is Bo recruited him and focused on punt returns as a priority this off season to allow that part of STs to blossom. I don't get your point at all if you are somehow trying to use it as an indictment on Bo.

*would have been lost without DPE

Good thing we have him then.
9b3.png
And? Isn't that what a HC is supposed to do, recruit difference makers who can make plays? The point is Bo recruited him and focused on punt returns as a priority this off season to allow that part of STs to blossom. I don't get your point at all if you are somehow trying to use it as an indictment on Bo.

No indictment, just an observation

The indictment on Bo is the embarrassment at Wisconsin. Recruiting DeMornay Pierson-El & beating Iowa is a positive...just not a big enough one to overcome giving 408 yards in 3 quarters to one player

No disagreement here, I have just seen this flipant statement put out there several times as if got his should be a negative on the team and Bo. Frankly It bothers me, why should having an All Maerican Punt Returner helping win a game be a negative? Just let a good thing be a good thing, it doesn't mean you have to change your stance on Bo, good or bad. Just tired of the flipant negative statements based in nothing.