So who the heck is Mike Riley and what has he ever done as a coach!?

Mike Riley didn't win at Oregon State his first go around either. He was 3-8 and 5-6 before he left for the Chargers. Dennis Erickson came on and finally got OSU a winning record. It wasn't Riley.

As far as Riley's DC, we're in trouble there. Mark Banker is TERRIBLE. Beaver fans have begged for his firing for five years and it hasn't happened. If he brings Banker here, third place in the West will be a dream.

I keep hearing about what a great recruiter Riley is. What a line of crap. OSU hasn't been to a bowl in three years now because Riley's recruiting has been terrible. And Oregon State is in trouble in the near future because Riley's recruiting has been terrible.

I'm listening to the Zone right now and I can't believe the line of poo Kugler is throwing out there. This is a terrible hire. OSU fans like me are rejoicing that he's gone. Problem is he is now joining my #1 college team :(

Oh, have I mentioned Riley has lost to TWO FCS teams? Eastern Washington and Sacramento State.

• Fire 1

This is amazingly awful.. IDC that he's a good guy.. He has a terrible track record as a CFB coach.. Hell at least Callahan had some success just prior to being hired.. I refuse to believe this was the best option for Nebraska.. Especially with "Resources not being a problem"..

Clearly what Eichorst said and did are not matching up.

For everyone complaining (and I did post this elsewhere also)

Before Nick Saban went to LSU he had the following records at Michigan State

6-5-1
6-6
7-5
6-6
9-2

With ZERO titles.

Then the guy got some resources and is now one of the greatest coaches of all time.

Step away from the ledge.

Look at Rich Rod, stunk up Michigan but is doing great at Arizona.

for supposedly being great fans, give the guy a chance.

6-5-1

6-6

7-5

6-6

9-2

With ZERO titles.

Then the guy got some resources and is now one of the greatest coaches of all time.

Can we all stop with any reference to great fans now?- great fans wouldn't allow a 9-3 coach to be fired only to be replaced by a coach with had a losing record- let the excuses begin, at least until he puts up a 5-7 record

I know we all like to believe Nebraska is this premium job. However, it is not especially when compared to schools like Florida; Texas; USC; etc. I've thought for a while now that it was going to take a Bill Snyder type to get us where we want to go. Mike Riley is comparable to Bill Snyder. He just didn't have the JuCo pipeline that Snyder and KState have going. I think most will be surprised with what Riley can do with better facilities and more money to work with.

• Fire 1

6-5-1

6-6

7-5

6-6

9-2

With ZERO titles.

This can be said for basically any underwhelming coaching hire.

• Fire 1

I know we all like to believe Nebraska is this premium job. However, it is not especially when compared to schools like Florida; Texas; USC; etc. I've thought for a while now that it was going to take a Bill Snyder type to get us where we want to go. Mike Riley is comparable to Bill Snyder. He just didn't have the JuCo pipeline that Snyder and KState have going. I think most will be surprised with what Riley can do with better facilities and more money to work with.

Too bad he didn't have close to the success of Snyder.

He was about to be run out of Corvallis, so he fell forward.

• Fire 1