Brian Rosenthal @HuskerExtraBR · Riley: "One of my jobs...

Chaddyboxer

Brian Rosenthal @HuskerExtraBR · Riley: "One of my jobs is to hire people better than me, who are going to add to what we do."

Makin a grown man weap.

When I initially got a two word text stating "mike riley" this morning I was, as many others, taken aback and perhaps a little disappointed. Somewhat familiar with Riley at OSU, I began to slowly absorb the news and throughout the day have become quite excited. One thing is for sure, this guy knows football. Heck, his dad was a coach long before even before this guy was a thought. He's been a head coach before any of his players were even on the world. He's coached on every level in many different systems. Secondly, I think he's the type of guy we need around here. Perhaps to help huskernation heal a little and get excited about what husker football can be and not worrying about how it will fail. Most importantly though I believe he is a guy who knows how to develope talent and good kids and has a long track record of bringing lesser boys into men of their own playing great football. Seeing this quote put a smile on my face and by golly got me a little excited about what's to come. I think coach riley will be a wonderful addition to the tradition that is nebraska. Time for a beer and a GBR!

• Fire 1