New Coaching Staff: "They must be experts & treat people right."

The Duke

Cornhusker football coach Mike Riley said about hiring his new staff that he looks for two things:

"They must be experts and treat people right."

In light of those comments and in looking at those remaining from Bo Pelini's previous staff, I can't imagine how Ron Brown is not retained under Mike Riley. I think Coach Brown would continue to be an excellent assistant for Nebraska as he has been for the past 20 plus years. He would also be a perfect bridge between the old staff & new staff.

So who all do you want to see on the next Cornhusker football staff?

Garrison--OL

Warren--DB

Brown--RB

Fairly sure he's bringing in his WR from OSU.

Torn on Ed, he's a bit gruff, but he's an excellent coach and recruiter. Not sure about the 'treats people the right way' part.

He wants a full time ST coach, Baron Miles lobbied to come back when the DB coaching position opened up, he would be a candidate for that role, IMO.

Frost--QB

So that would leave LB and DL (if Ed isn't coming) I'm not versed enough in position coaches to state any other person.

With my list, we do have a nice blend of former 'Huskers to help instill the meaning of being a Husker, some outstanding recruiters and coaches, and really some outstanding men that will help mold these boys into great men.

Now we're demoting Frost to QB coach? He must really love Nebraska

That was along with OC. I just didn't specify that.

@NickESPN1480

Spoke w @LemmingReport about New #huskers HC Mike Riley,Orgeron & the possibility of #Seminoles Tim Brewster Joining the staff @ESPN1480

Former Minnesota coach Tim Brewster is currently the Florida State TE Coach and Recruiting Coordinator. Would be a great hire for Coach Riley!!!

Here are the the recruits that Tim Brewster is a recruiter for, according to Rivals. Yes Please!

I see three of his four commits are from florida, this tells me nothing. But seeing the way FSU is using their TE O'leary is amazing.

@NickESPN1480

Spoke w @LemmingReport about New #huskers HC Mike Riley,Orgeron & the possibility of #Seminoles Tim Brewster Joining the staff @ESPN1480

Former Minnesota coach Tim Brewster is currently the Florida State TE Coach and Recruiting Coordinator. Would be a great hire for Coach Riley!!!

Here are the the recruits that Tim Brewster is a recruiter for, according to Rivals. Yes Please!

I see three of his four commits are from florida, this tells me nothing. But seeing the way FSU is using their TE O'leary is amazing.

Yeah, I don't imagine anybody working for Jimbo is a slouch. Given where he's been over the years I imagine he has a helluva coaching staff....

He's done it for YEARS, he knows how to be a HC and a QB coach. I'd be more concerned about a FIRST time HC trying to be a coordinator or a position coach as well. Not a seasoned coach with proven success.

at Oregon State....

not saying your are wrong and he can't do it. its just a different level now.

yeah, because the ones he put in the NFL in 2005, 2007 and 2010 (Sean Canfield, Matt Moore, and Derek Anderson) just aren't enough....I mean, the Huskers are on so much more of a different level...it's why we've put so many QB's in the NFL right? :sarcasm

wasn't comparing Oregon State QB's to Nebraska's.

more the general level of the programs/expectations, and the head coach here may need to spend his time focusing on other area's, then coaching the quarterbacks.

@NickESPN1480

Would be stoked to have Orgeron and Brewster. If they end up joining, that shows just how committed to recruiting we're going to be.

@NickESPN1480

Would be stoked to have Orgeron and Brewster. If they end up joining, that shows just how committed to recruiting we're going to be.
Should be committed. If we recruit top 20 classes and have good coaching on top we will win the Big Ten West more often than not.

Brewster was a craptastic coach but is known as a really good recruiter.

He was a craptastic HC. No one ever questioned his ability to coach TE's or recruit.

Gopher fans remember him well, I suppose.

Gopher fans loved...then hated him...I think his own son decommited from him at Minny! ha

Reporters started calling him "Brother" Tim because he could whip people up in a frenzy like a tent revival. Then they realized he had no idea how to be a head coach and well.....

• Fire 1