New Coaching Staff: "They must be experts & treat people right."

The Duke

first meeting between riley and paps:

riley: so, mr. papuchis, what is your position on the staff?

paps: oh, i'm the defensive coordinator.

riley: so you call all the plays on Saturday?

paps: no.

riley: oh... but you come up with the game plan?

paps: uhh... no.

riley: so what exactly do you do?

paps: [holds up both hands showing taped fingers]

riley: wha... what are you doing? what is that?

paps: [runs out of the room]

Aroragary-Office-Space-what-is-it-that-y

• Fire 1

I don't know if it means anything or if it is just procedural due to the uncertainty but if you go to Huskers.com and look at the coaching staff, all of their email addresses except for Jeff Jamrog and James Dobson are directed to a "triggins" or a "jduff"

Those names are Teri Riggins and Joni Duff, who are the secretaries for the offensive and defensive staffs, respectively.

Wasn't Brown wanting to retire last year and TO talked him into staying to help Bo? I bet Brown is done to work on his foundation. Warren has shown great recruiting ties to the south and solid coaching experience. He also only had one year with Bo and wasn't a "Bo guy" so I wouldn't worry about him poisoning the team.

Most importantly let MR hire who he wants. No TO forcing Shawn Watson and Ted Gilmore or Steve Pedersen forcing Brown on a coach. If he wants Frost or Ogeron or Muschamp or Pelini fine. If he wants some high school coach from Idaho that's cool too. He has shown he isn't afraid to hire smart coaches who challenge his thoughts which is an upgrade (if only in that area) than the last administration.

Wasn't Brown wanting to retire last year and TO talked him into staying to help Bo? I bet Brown is done to work on his foundation. Warren has shown great recruiting ties to the south and solid coaching experience. He also only had one year with Bo and wasn't a "Bo guy" so I wouldn't worry about him poisoning the team.

Most importantly let MR hire who he wants. No TO forcing Shawn Watson and Ted Gilmore or Steve Pedersen forcing Brown on a coach. If he wants Frost or Ogeron or Muschamp or Pelini fine. If he wants some high school coach from Idaho that's cool too. He has shown he isn't afraid to hire smart coaches who challenge his thoughts which is an upgrade (if only in that area) than the last administration.

I want Riley to pick his staff. I want him to evaluate every option and choose who the best fit is by who is the best coach and recruiter when you fit them with Nebraska and what he is wanting to do here.

I would be very excited if Brown was part of that. If he isn't? I'm sure Brown will be just fine in life and motivated to work on his foundation. But, he has always been a huge asset to this program and I think he would be going forward too.

I've heard RB talk on multiple occasions and I think his character fits perfectly with what Mike is looking for. He may be a little too religious for some, but if AA (who is from a muslim family) can get along with him great, there should be no problem. No doubt in my mind he has a huge impact on developing these kids as well as being a great coach. If not, RB will be just fine.