New Coaching Staff: "They must be experts & treat people right."

The Duke

Cornhusker football coach Mike Riley said about hiring his new staff that he looks for two things:

"They must be experts and treat people right."

In light of those comments and in looking at those remaining from Bo Pelini's previous staff, I can't imagine how Ron Brown is not retained under Mike Riley. I think Coach Brown would continue to be an excellent assistant for Nebraska as he has been for the past 20 plus years. He would also be a perfect bridge between the old staff & new staff.

So who all do you want to see on the next Cornhusker football staff?

This will be unpopular but I don't care one bit if if Brown is kept on the staff or not. Here is what I want from each staff member, in order

1. Are you a boss recruiter? Yes/No (If no, thanks, you can see your way out)

So...who cares if they can actually coach.

And...BTW....Brown has recruited some pretty good players to Nebraska.

This will be unpopular but I don't care one bit if if Brown is kept on the staff or not. Here is what I want from each staff member, in order

If you are not a boss at recruiting you are gone...you can be a boss recruiter and a great coach. I am assuming he is already looking at great coaches...they just better be great at recruiting.

Cornhusker football coach Mike Riley said about hiring his new staff that he looks for two things:...........

I know this isn't what this thread is about but It's still very surreal for me to read this. Not a good or bad thing, just hard to get used to.

As far as asst coaches I of course hope he'd bring in the big names, but I get the feeling he's already made up his mind he's bringing most of his old staff.

I'm among most folks here who knew nothing of Mike Riley until 26 hours ago.

But a little due diligence shows the man has a HUGE fanbase within the NFL and NCAA coaching community.

Experienced coaches who would be willing to work for him + a head coach not threatened by experienced coaches = a much improved staff.

I'd be inclined to clean house. Just grab a couple respected former Husker players as assistants for continuity. Fine with Ron Brown staying. Not upset if he leaves, maybe taking a step up elsewhere.

Cornhusker football coach Mike Riley said about hiring his new staff that he looks for two things:

"They must be experts and treat people right."

In light of those comments and in looking at those remaining from Bo Pelini's previous staff, I can't imagine how Ron Brown is not retained under Mike Riley. I think Coach Brown would continue to be an excellent assistant for Nebraska as he has been for the past 20 plus years. He would also be a perfect bridge between the old staff & new staff.

So who all do you want to see on the next Cornhusker football staff?

Garrison--OL

Warren--DB

Brown--RB

Fairly sure he's bringing in his WR from OSU.

Torn on Ed, he's a bit gruff, but he's an excellent coach and recruiter. Not sure about the 'treats people the right way' part.

He wants a full time ST coach, Baron Miles lobbied to come back when the DB coaching position opened up, he would be a candidate for that role, IMO.

Frost--QB

So that would leave LB and DL (if Ed isn't coming) I'm not versed enough in position coaches to state any other person.

With my list, we do have a nice blend of former 'Huskers to help instill the meaning of being a Husker, some outstanding recruiters and coaches, and really some outstanding men that will help mold these boys into great men.

If you are not a boss at recruiting you are gone...you can be a boss recruiter and a great coach. I am assuming he is already looking at great coaches...they just better be great at recruiting.

That didn't work out all that well for,Billy c. These guys have to coach, too.

I love RB, but i think it may be time for him to work in his ministry full time.