New NU Offensive Line Coach Mike Cavanaugh

I like what I'm seeing here: 2011 Spring Practice

Thanks for posting this, i am with you, I like what I see as well. Also, Yankee accent lol.

2:49 is the best

Yeah, Cav is my favorite so far too. I posted videos I could find of a couple of the others too, though I didn't see one for the ST coach. I also watched the WR coach, though I'm not sure if he's coming to NU or not.

To be honest, I liked watching all these guys coach. There's a lot of teaching going on in these videos. Maybe someone who has spent time watching NU practices can provide a better perspective, but from everything I've been able to see I like these guys approach.

I like this upgrade. We will see on the field, but I am not against this hire.

Edit - FWIW was offered a OL position at USC and got a call from Alabama to see if he was interested back in 2013.

A call from Alabama in 2013 is a huge upgrade from Rileys call from Alabama to be HC back before Saban. This is comforting.

Only question I have is can he recruit well?

Does anyone know what their pass to run ratio was at OSU? Just read an article that said Oregon State has ranked in rushing offense the past six years: No. 113; No. 118, No. 101, No. 118, No. 96, No. 67. That us terrible even if you throw it all over the yard most plays. Is this because their running backs have been terrible? It just doesn't seem like his offensive lines have been opening up to many holes

Does anyone know what their pass to run ratio was at OSU? Just read an article that said Oregon State has ranked in rushing offense the past six years: No. 113; No. 118, No. 101, No. 118, No. 96, No. 67. That us terrible even if you throw it all over the yard most plays. Is this because their running backs have been terrible? It just doesn't seem like his offensive lines have been opening up to many holes

They are maybe THE most pass happy attack in CFB. His O-Line is consistently top 5 to top 10 in Pass protection. Didn't OSU set a record for pass attempts in a game this year?

They are maybe THE most pass happy attack in CFB. His O-Line is consistently top 5 to top 10 in Pass protection. Didn't OSU set a record for pass attempts in a game this year?
not sure about that but it will be interesting who he picks for an OC so we can get an idea of what kind of offense to expect, personally I don't think Riley having a June Jones like game plan will work very well in the cold weather big 10

not sure about that but it will be interesting who he picks for an OC so we can get an idea of what kind of offense to expect, personally I don't think Riley having a June Jones like game plan will work very well in the cold weather big 10

He had two NFL QBs running the show in Sean Glennon and Sean Mannion. The guy tailors his offense to the personnel he has. He was much more run heavy when he had Steven Jackson at OSU. I wouldn't worry about it.