Interview with Oregon St Play by Play guy...

And what are these great odds that, had Bo and Staff remained in place, would honestly do against....

USC Bowl Game

Then:

BYU

South Alabama

at Miami Fla (rematch)

Southern Miss

at Illinois

Wisconsin

at Minnesota

Northwestern

Purdue

Michigan State

at Rutgers

Iowa

Seriously, If SE came out the day after Iowa and sent out a show of support statement for Bo & his staff, with no changes needed on a 9-3 team.

I see a loss to BYU & at Miami. From 0-1 to 2-2. With a couple more losses in B1G. 8-4. But also quite possibly 7-5. Plus a loss to USC in the bowl game. That's my honest opinion.

And what are these great odds that, had Bo and Staff remained in place, would honestly do against....

USC Bowl Game

Then:

BYU

South Alabama

at Miami Fla (rematch)

Southern Miss

at Illinois

Wisconsin

at Minnesota

Northwestern

Purdue

Michigan State

at Rutgers

Iowa

Seriously, If SE came out the day after Iowa and sent out a show of support statement for Bo & his staff, with no changes needed on a 9-3 team.

I see a loss to BYU & at Miami. From 0-1 to 2-2. With a couple more losses in B1G. 8-4. But also quite possibly 7-5. Plus a loss to USC in the bowl game. That's my honest opinion.

no he always wins 9

Where have expectations been lowered? I expect championships. However you can't give a guy 3 years to do it when you gave the previous guy 7. Not to mention the difference in personality types. In coaching a guy deserves 5 years IMO

The issue for Riley (and Eichorst) is going to be if he doesn't make the conference championship game. Immediately.

Banker is a terrible hire. No question about it.

Prediction: Riley and his staff get us 6-7 wins next season.

...and that should be completely unacceptable If that happens. 9 wins (or more) next year. NO EXCUSES.
It is just as likely for Bo to get us 7 wins next season. Losses: BYU with their freak QB back, Miami, Mich St, Wisconsin, Minny, NW or Iowa.

Do I expect it to happen? No I sure don't but it isn't impossible without Gregory or Ameer on our roster

Then why not fire Bo next year?

Nebraska didn't exactly go out and get the best coach with Riley. By far imo. What's Nebraska even striving for anymore? No blowout losses? We wants wins and Riley better produce else it's next man up in 3 years.

So you know you have an employee who can't get it done at work right? Do you let him continue to do subpar work or take a flier on a guy you think (SE) is much better at the job? Easy answer from a business perspective which is what SE views this as
Actually, you don't take a flier. You do everything you can to make sure you get the best candidate for the job.

#Movinggoalposts

#Loweredexpecyations

Where have expectations been lowered? I expect championships. However you can't give a guy 3 years to do it when you gave the previous guy 7. Not to mention the difference in personality types. In coaching a guy deserves 5 years IMO
Different situation. Bo had to do a pretty big rebuild job. This guy doesn't. The team has been winning consistently, his job is much easier than Bo's was. The expectations increase. Shawn said it was about championship football, not me. Bo faired to meet his championship expectations, if the new guy does the same, he should be sitting next to Bo in the unemployment line.

And for those who are speculating what Bo would do with next years schedule, what does it matter? He's no longer our coach, we don't know, it doesn't matter.

...and that should be completely unacceptable If that happens. 9 wins (or more) next year. NO EXCUSES.
It is just as likely for Bo to get us 7 wins next season. Losses: BYU with their freak QB back, Miami, Mich St, Wisconsin, Minny, NW or Iowa.

Do I expect it to happen? No I sure don't but it isn't impossible without Gregory or Ameer on our roster

Nebraska didn't exactly go out and get the best coach with Riley. By far imo. What's Nebraska even striving for anymore? No blowout losses? We wants wins and Riley better produce else it's next man up in 3 years.

So you know you have an employee who can't get it done at work right? Do you let him continue to do subpar work or take a flier on a guy you think (SE) is much better at the job? Easy answer from a business perspective which is what SE views this as
Actually, you don't take a flier. You do everything you can to make sure you get the best candidate for the job.

#Movinggoalposts

#Loweredexpecyations

Different situation. Bo had to do a pretty big rebuild job. This guy doesn't. The team has been winning consistently, his job is much easier than Bo's was. The expectations increase. Shawn said it was about championship football, not me. Bo faired to meet his championship expectations, if the new guy does the same, he should be sitting next to Bo in the unemployment line.

And for those who are speculating what Bo would do with next years schedule, what does it matter? He's no longer our coach, we don't know, it doesn't matter.

Bo had a rebuild job? He inherited one of the most talented Ds we have seen in a few decades. You wanna talk complete rebuilds look at what Callahan was left with when he arrived. THAT is a complete rebuild.

Also with as mentally weak as our team has been in big games for a few years it might be more of a rebuild than you think. Considering this is going to be a New system entirely. Expecting us to surpass everything Bo could accomplish in 7 years in a New HCs first year is completely stupid

• Fire 1
Expecting us to surpass everything Bo could accomplish in 7 years in a New HCs first year is completely stupid

Pelini's accomplishments....ie championship game appearances....were primarily in the earlier part of his tenure. And the fan base was mostly sold on the Pelini hire. That is not true for the Riley hire.

#Movinggoalposts

#Loweredexpecyations

Bo had a rebuild job? He inherited one of the most talented Ds we have seen in a few decades. You wanna talk complete rebuilds look at what Callahan was left with when he arrived. THAT is a complete rebuild.

Also with as mentally weak as our team has been in big games for a few years it might be more of a rebuild than you think. Considering this is going to be a New system entirely. Expecting us to surpass everything Bo could accomplish in 7 years in a New HCs first year is completely stupid

There was some talent inherited on those first Pelini defenses, but he did his part too getting guys like David, Gomes, and Dennard.

To say that Bill left some of the most talented Ds is either an over exaggeration or your lack of knowledge. The defenses of the mid to late 90s disagree with your assessment. Oh, and let's talk about that supposed rebuilding job that Bill did. The defensive talent he inherited consisted of Washington, the Bullocks, Carriker, Moore . Smith, the Ruuds, and Shanle. Not exactly devoid of talent.

The team that the new guy is gettimg has some talent across the board. In the conference, behind only Ohio according to many analysts,

If the new guy is as good as Shawn claims he is, then 11 wins should be easy. I mean a crappy coach managed 9 wins, a coach supposedly this good should sleep walk to 11 wins with a schedule this weak. The Bo leavers have been saying that we've got 8 built in wins with this schedule, an average coach should get 3 more. It's not like this team has been losing consistently.

Since my update was moved out of the staff hire thread, I'll try to see is it will stick here.

The radio guy said that the WR & LB coaches are solid.

Said the ST guy sucks and is a bad recruiter. (Total waste off staff space, imo) .

Said the DC isn't very good. Can stop staight ahead running teams but sucks against spread teams (the anti Bo).

Said the OL coach hasn't done well, but hasn't had much to work with, which led him to the assumption that he is a bad recruiter, too.

It's not easy being a DC in the Pac-12 as the offenses are so diverse...and he was not a good fit in the Pac-12. He could work in the Big10 - but won't stop Ohio State.

Oregon State played Stanford really tough on D and kept it low scoring in 2012-2013. Built to handle Wisky.