Avery Moss - updates - 1/9 **readmission denied**

C N Red

All he had to do was not commit sexual assault twice and he stays.

He didn't commit sexual assault.

Pleading exposing yourself twice down to indecency then. Semanticsboard lives!

I still don't want him back.

He didn't need to plead it down. None of his actions were first, second, or third degree sexual assault in Nebraska. It is not semantics, it is the law. You are are improperly applying it and accusing a former Husker player of a crime he didn't commit.

a lot of the law is a matter of semantics. what do you think is being argued in so many appellate cases?

Thank you for beating me to this point.

Regardless this was handled poorly by the University. They should have told him last year, instead of wasting his time.

Perhaps he was given specific goals to meet and he failed.

Perhaps they were following specific protocol that said they had to review his case after a year if he wanted them to.

If he didn't want to wait, he certainly did not have to.

a lot of the law is a matter of semantics. what do you think is being argued in so many appellate cases?

Your point was to accuse him of a crime he clearly didn't commit. This isn't an ambiguity between two laws, it is a pretty clear interpretation. That didn't stop you from throwing claims that he committed "sexual assault" without even knowing what the hell it meant.

• Fire 3

Your point was to accuse him of a crime he clearly didn't commit. This isn't an ambiguity between two laws, it is a pretty clear interpretation. That didn't stop you from throwing claims that he committed "sexual assault" without even knowing what the hell it meant.

At least this isn't a deflection.

It's an assault in a great many states.

And I'm pretty stunned you'd want him back, after two transgressions. Maybe Youngstown st will take him.

All he had to do was not commit sexual assault twice and he stays.

He didn't commit sexual assault.
Pleading exposing yourself twice down to indecency then. Semanticsboard lives!

I still don't want him back.

He didn't need to plead it down. None of his actions were first, second, or third degree sexual assault in Nebraska. It is not semantics, it is the law. You are are improperly applying it and accusing a former Husker player of a crime he didn't commit.

Maybe he's not guilty of sexual assault, as legally defined in Nebraska. However, in some states flashing would be considered sexual assault.

First. The crime happened in Nebraska, the only laws that matter are the ones written in Nebraska.

Second. even if this wasn't in Nebraska assault requires touching another person. So unless he physically touched her it wasn't sexual assault in any state.

In the end though, he is not going to be let in campus because he came back to the dorms one day too early, and not because of crimes he committed. This is unfortunate and sad (if they wanted to ban him for life, they should have done so in the first place)but we should move on.

• Fire 5

And I'm pretty stunned you'd want him back, after two transgressions. Maybe Youngstown st will take him.

Which states? Your infatuation with Bo Pelini and YSU is troubling. Expert, is stalking considered sexual assault in a great many states?

• Fire 3

Regardless this was handled poorly by the University. They should have told him last year, instead of wasting his time.

Perhaps they were following specific protocol that said they had to review his case after a year if he wanted them to.

Agreed on the last statement, but we will never know.

"I definitely talked to the Dean of Students (last year) and they told me I'd have a really good chance of getting in," Moss said. "They weren't allowed to fully tell me I could come back because it was uncertain, but I'd been talked to by people that helped make this decision and they told me you should be able to get into the University come December or January."

https://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1723780

It sounds like he did get terrible advice ... from the Administration.

• Fire 3

Which states? Your infatuation with Bo Pelini and YSU is troubling. Expert, is stalking considered sexual assault in a great many states?

Yeah, I think this proves this is over. Moss is gone, and I'm moving on. You are free to attempt to downgrade what he did with semantics and deflection all you like.

Agreed on the last statement, but we will never know.

Perhaps the university saw the crap going on at FSU and now Oregon and said no thanks. And I am okay with this.

• Fire 3

You can debate all you want whether he should have been let back in but it is complete bullsh#t they waited until 3 days before classes. IMO this should have been resolved a month ago to give him time to teansfer. Disappointed.

He could have transferred at any time. No one was making him wait for the university's decision.

• Fire 1

"I definitely talked to the Dean of Students (last year) and they told me I'd have a really good chance of getting in," Moss said. "They weren't allowed to fully tell me I could come back because it was uncertain, but I'd been talked to by people that helped make this decision and they told me you should be able to get into the University come December or January."

https://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1723780

It sounds like he did get terrible advice ... from the Administration.

So he says.

this is unfortunate, but to blame anyone but moss is surprising. he put himself into this precarious situation. he may have had a good chance to get reinstated, but it was never more than a chance. and times have changed. i rather have the university look bad for erring on the side of caution in this case.

• Fire 2