Avery Moss - updates - 1/9 **readmission denied**

C N Red

Not quite the whole story Headley. He made Osborne the AD, not the interim AD. Then when Osborne wouldn't get rid of Pelini he started looking for TO's replacement without his knowledge. When Osborne found out he announced his retirement. Harvey is a snake in the grass.

What proof of this do you have? I ask because this sounds like Osborne was forced out and Osborne himself has gone on record to say he wasn't forced out.

osborne went on record saying the only possible thing he could say in that sitatuation. pelini was on record saying something different.

not saying either is true, but i don't think pelini would just make that crap up, and i wouldn't expect osborne to every confirm it as fact.

Some people here have trouble reading between the lines. Osborne was probably brought in to "right the ship" after the Steve Peterson experiment ran off the rails probably less so then he was brought in to save Perlman's ass from all the pitchfork wielding fans and boosters for making that hire, giving everyone contract extensions, etc. Then once things calmed down and Perlman decided Bo had to go in comes another puppet that was hired without consulting or any involvment by the current interim AD, who is a living legend in that place, and he gets phased out so HP could push his agenda without someone above football who could actually push back at all.

So no, the Chancellor shouldn't be judged on Athlectics usually excepting that he keeps sticking his nose in them. That's why if Coach Riley ends up with a similar record here to his long history of mediocrity in Corvalis Perlman will need to get canned along with the rests of the staff and AD. Nobody is rooting for that, but that'll be the reality of the situation if the program needs saving again. Otherwise we'll just keep letting Perlman repeat the same cycle that's already kept the program down for over a decade now.

Osborne was "probably brought in to right the ship"? Really? That's exactly why he was brought back in as interim AD after Pedersen was fired.

Again, I'll ask why Osborne needs to be consulted for every decision concerning the football team? And exactly what is this agenda Perlman is pushing?

Perhaps because he was in the job that was being filled and has a long history in athletics and had basically been running that part of the job in football since before devany left, because he built the thing to what it was when it was at it's best, or because he calmed the boosters that would've taken HP down too by coming back. Not saying he should have had final say, but you know getting his opinion of candidates during the process wouldn't have been a bad thing, even if it was ignored at least it would be respectful.

Not quite the whole story Headley. He made Osborne the AD, not the interim AD. Then when Osborne wouldn't get rid of Pelini he started looking for TO's replacement without his knowledge. When Osborne found out he announced his retirement. Harvey is a snake in the grass.

What proof of this do you have? I ask because this sounds like Osborne was forced out and Osborne himself has gone on record to say he wasn't forced out.

osborne went on record saying the only possible thing he could say in that sitatuation. pelini was on record saying something different.

not saying either is true, but i don't think pelini would just make that crap up, and i wouldn't expect osborne to every confirm it as fact.

Some people here have trouble reading between the lines. Osborne was probably brought in to "right the ship" after the Steve Peterson experiment ran off the rails probably less so then he was brought in to save Perlman's ass from all the pitchfork wielding fans and boosters for making that hire, giving everyone contract extensions, etc. Then once things calmed down and Perlman decided Bo had to go in comes another puppet that was hired without consulting or any involvment by the current interim AD, who is a living legend in that place, and he gets phased out so HP could push his agenda without someone above football who could actually push back at all.

So no, the Chancellor shouldn't be judged on Athlectics usually excepting that he keeps sticking his nose in them. That's why if Coach Riley ends up with a similar record here to his long history of mediocrity in Corvalis Perlman will need to get canned along with the rests of the staff and AD. Nobody is rooting for that, but that'll be the reality of the situation if the program needs saving again. Otherwise we'll just keep letting Perlman repeat the same cycle that's already kept the program down for over a decade now.

It's ironic that your user name is methodical when your logic is anything but. What agenda are you talking about? If you're going to make accusations you need to articulate Pearlman's vision. Since you can't, maybe you should just stop posting or get over your feelings being hurt. The words in bold seem like exactly what you're rooting for.

The adhominem attacks for anyone that doesn't go along with the groupthink on this site is why the posters with good info have left this site years ago. Mine's second hand because I've been around long enough to know who to listen to.

And we're all Nebraska fans here, nobody is rooting for the team to take a step back. Some of us are just pointing out that should it become necessary to rid ourselves of another Peterson/Callahan level f-up, the problems will have started from the top down and that's where the cutting will need to start.

Osborne was "probably brought in to right the ship"? Really? That's exactly why he was brought back in as interim AD after Pedersen was fired.

Again, I'll ask why Osborne needs to be consulted for every decision concerning the football team? And exactly what is this agenda Perlman is pushing?

Perhaps because he was in the job that was being filled and has a long history in athletics and had basically been running that part of the job in football since before devany left, because he built the thing to what it was when it was at it's best, or because he calmed the boosters that would've taken HP down too by coming back. Not saying he should have had final say, but you know getting his opinion of candidates during the process wouldn't have been a bad thing, even if it was ignored at least it would be respectful.

It's ironic that your user name is methodical when your logic is anything but. What agenda are you talking about? If you're going to make accusations you need to articulate Pearlman's vision. Since you can't, maybe you should just stop posting or get over your feelings being hurt. The words in bold seem like exactly what you're rooting for.

The adhominem attacks for anyone that doesn't go along with the groupthink on this site is why the posters with good info have left this site years ago. Mine's second hand because I've been around long enough to know who to listen to.

And we're all Nebraska fans here, nobody is rooting for the team to take a step back. Some of us are just pointing out that should it become necessary to rid ourselves of another Peterson/Callahan level f-up, the problems will have started from the top down and that's where the cutting will need to start.

I simply pointed out that if you're going to espouse conspiracy theories, you need to articulate the vision of those who you feel are conspiring against the program. What sense does it make for Harvey Pearlman to intentionally tank the football program? It subsidizes the rest of the sports programs.

You say groupthink, I say rational posters and observers. You say ad hominem, I say defend your logic. Knapp is right, there's great info here all of the time. If you feel it necessary to accuse people disagreeing with you of groupthink, then maybe it's time for you to evolve your beliefs. Typically when one person is saying one thing and multitudes of people are saying the other, the multitudes might actually be right.

• Fire 1

Before anyone says what Moss did was so horrendous, how many of you have mooned someone? Alot of you guys act holier than thou, so let the non sinner cast the first stone. Teenagers/college aged kids do dumb sh#t. But he did ghoose to come here, doesnt the university have some sort loyalty to him tongive him a second chance?

I haven't mooned anyone, and this is probably the most ridiculous defense of Moss yet. Which is truly saying something.

How weird, i was specifically thinking of you. Ok, so you havent mooned anyone. Have you ever done anything wrong? Nm, dont answer, i already know the answer. Its not about have you mooned someone, its about people crucifying him and acting as if they are perfect which you are a great example of. I spose you never needed a second chance huh??

So, Moss was given a second chance....

Bingo. I think the story goes he whipped it out, got banned from campus for X amount of time. Then he was caught visiting his girlfriend in the dorms and then got the 4 year ban handed down. Is this correct?

He was given a 1 yr. ban & paid a $500 fine. The ban was extended due to visiting his girlfriend on the 1 year anniversary, so the ban was extended by year. At the end of the 2014, they would review his case and decide to lift the ban or make it for life.

Why does everyone assume this is some sick perverted thing that he did. Like others have said sometimes h.s. and college age guys just do some dumb $hit. When I was in college one of the kids in a different fraternity house took the house Greek year book picture with his balls hanging out. It was really dumb and immature.... and completely f'ing hilarious. The guy became a legend and every guy who saw that picture laughed his ass off. Maybe Moss just thought it would be funny as $hit to go up and purchase something with his junk hanging out. For #uck sake he didn't rape a baby.

My point in this is that I am going to leave this decision up to the university. The same institution that knows one heck of a lot more facts than some random person on s message board and they have the responsibility of the safety of all students.

Sexual assault on campus is a major issue that these schools are trying to fight.

Also, when I went to school we had huge keg parties at our frat house with under age kids getting hammered and going what ever comes next.

Talk to a frat kid now about how that would go over. There is s very well respected frat tight now that is suspended from the U for much less that turned into s horrible situation.

Times change and just because I did something in college doesn't mean it was smart or the school should ignore it.

Who were the posters with good info who left?

ADS and PaulCrewe both used to post all the time. Now, not much. da skers along with a few others.

• Fire 1

ADS and PaulCrewe both used to post all the time. Now, not much. da skers along with a few others.

I haven't noticed a drop off in super secret insider posts.

Plus I'm never much for "cool" posters holding the board hostage because they have a bee in their bonnet about some unimportant thing in an internet board.

That's cuz i've picked up the slack.

Plus I'm never much for "cool" posters holding the board hostage because they have a bee in their bonnet about some unimportant thing in an internet board.

Im not talking about people with super secret inside info. Im talking about good, well respected posters that make the board better when the post. Especially ADS in the recruiting forum (yeah, I know you think anyone who goes in there is stupid, but you gotta get through the offseason somehow).

And I don't think its any secret that they don't post as much because of all the crap that went on during the season. Every thread turning into a bitchfest between boliever and boleaver...

• Fire 4

Im not talking about people with super secret inside info. Im talking about good, well respected posters that make the board better when the post. Especially ADS in the recruiting forum (yeah, I know you think anyone who goes in there is stupid, but you gotta get through the offseason somehow).

And I don't think its any secret that they don't post as much because of all the crap that went on during the season. Every thread turning into a bitchfest between boliever and boleaver...

Well that's over, they could pull the string out and post again.

And you said it all about the recruiting section.