Idea For OC

T_O_Bull

Richard Gerald "Rick" Neuheisel, Jr. ; born February 7, 1961), is a TV football analyst, former American football coach, former player, and attorney. He was most recently the head coach at UCLA, his alma mater, from 2008 to 2011.[1] Prior to UCLA, Neuheisel was the head coach at Colorado from 1995 to 1998 and Washington from 1999 to 2002. From 2005 to 2007, he was an assistant coach with the NFL's Baltimore Ravens, as quarterbacks coach for two seasons and offensive coordinator for one.

Your thoughts Huskerboard.

T_O_B

Bringing him on as a QB coach in the OC slot would be fine. A good football mind, well liked outside of the Nebraska fan base. I think Coach Riley will be the OC/HC allowing for an additional billet to be filled by specific coach type.

Or his selected coaches are with in the playoff system. Maybe locked and loaded, just not announced.

I still feel safe that he will have a good staff. Disappointed in not getting Steele, but that was not Coach Riley's fault. He asked, turned down. And we can all understand why.

I think he got into trouble for betting on the final four in basket ball while at Washington. Never heard of any sanctions at Colorado or UCLA but I do not follow them closely. He had the cupboard full at UCLA when Mora took over. We seem to hate any coach that coaches against Nebraska. Snyder, Brown, Belima, Frenz, Richt, Barnett, Carrol and the list goes on.