LB Nick Thomas [Wisconsin Commit]

zoogs

Wisconsin commit since June. Same high school as OT Mirko Jurkovic, former Nebraska commit who recently switched to Ohio State. Bradenton is the hometown of Tommie Frazier as well as his nephew and former Husker QB Brion Carnes.

New Nebraska staff under Riley after both of them. Not sure if Jurkovic has made the visit this weekend, but Thomas has: https://twitter.com/huskerbrett/status/543541592578347009

Nebraska official rn. #GBR #huskers

— Nicholas Thomas (@nickbeach_) [/size]December 12, 2014

Borland was just a 3 star as well going to Wisky. Did some research on him today and was amazed to see how few programs were interested in him. We took Eric Martin and Chris Williams that year. He was recruited to Wisky by Joe Rudolph who was our TE's coach in 2007.

All that to say, I would love a Chris Borland clone in this class. :-)

Would have to think Aranda will leave if he doesnt get the HC job in Wisky. Either go with Anderson or to some other program. Unless BA hires a HC and says part of the deal is ue has to keep him. Honestly if i was Aranda i'd leave as i think he has made a big enough name for himself he could probably get a nice raise as DC somewhere else.

Due to Wisconsin's hiring policy, a coach can't be "offered" until Dec 17th. And didn't the dead period start today and run through then end of the bowl games?

So unless Wisconsin's new coach (Chryst???) has already been putting together a staff and contacting recruits, it going to be difficult for Thomas to get to know a new staff (assuming Aranda is gone) before he has to enroll in January.

I like our chances.