OWH: Bo Pelini insults A.D. Shawn Eichorst in expletive-filled rant during final meeting with players

zoogs

It leaves me scratching my head why people are coming out saying they don't trust Shawn Eichorst. Really, what has he done to not have your trust? Repeatedly, we have witnessed Bo not controlling his temper. We have heard one audio tape already of him having absolutely no respect for the fans and administration to the point of him being an immature idiot.

So.....Shawn fires him and all of a sudden we shouldn't trust him?

That makes no sense to me.

Personally, I think Shawn definitely made the right decision in ousting Bo. It is not the AD's fault Bo did everything to put the nails in his own coffin, like you, I am not sure how that translates into distrusting Eichorst. I get the impression that Bo just blames everyone else and takes ZERO responsibility for his short comings (he is very much a man-child). He apparently didn't like TO's supposed micromanagement and then claims Shawn was never around; good grief, you are darned if you do and darned if you don't with him. His whole delusion that the Wisconsin loss was everyone else's fault but his own is so ridiculous it is comical. Just wait, when he falls flat on his face again it will obviously be Jim Tressel's fault, because it certainly couldn't have anything to do with the fact that Bo is a complete nut-job!!! Good riddance!!!

Pelini had the chance to take the high road and go out with some respect. Instead he blasted his boss and his lack of communication. Did Pelini ever invite SE to practices, or encourage his involvement with the team? To me this sounds like whining. There are many times where my manager is completely disconnected with what I am doing or the challenges that I face and I schedule to time to discuss it with him whether he wants to or not. Pelini was obviously not head coaching material for a major university. What positive outcome could possibly occur by him bashing the AD and chancellor in front of student athletes? The only concerning thing I heard if true was SE never spoke with Pelini to establish boundaries or expectations. I feel SE should have had a sit down last year to tell him to prevent the team meltdowns as well as his own sideline meltdowns or there would be a change. That to me is fair. Still, you don't air that in front of student athletes. Completely unprofessional and classless move.

1. This is Bo Pelini. The first tape was Bo Pelini. Every snippy interview, every blow up on a player/ref/coach is Bo Pelini. Anyone who says different is a liar. You can say he is just "passionate" all you want, but in reality he is just jerk. A jerk who has no problem blaming others, including the players he cares so much for apparently, in order to save his own skin.

2. If you noticed during the year, Bo saw the writing on the wall. He tried to blame the administration and it appears some took the bait. This blame game had been in the works for some time, hence suh's tweet on the matter and other examples out there that were said even before the firing. Bo is a good manipulater, I will give him that.

3. Saying all the guys loved him is false. His starters are the only ones that have gone to bat for him. If one of the players recorded this and released the tape, then that sums it up right there. I can't help but remember seeing Imani Cross grinning ear to ear after he met Riley. Sure he is a naturally happy guy, but you could see the excitement in him. This makes me believe that a lot of backups probably feel they finally have a shot of showing what they can do. I really don't think Pelini gave them that opportunity. I think you will find a lot of guys feel they weren't given a chance to succeed.

4. Pelini has blamed everything else, but himself. Refs, fans, players, assistant coaches, fans expectations, recruiting to Nebraska, and eventually the administration. If you buy what Pelini is selling, the only thing I can say is I have some snake oil for sale if you are interested.

• Fire 3

So what if Osborne was forced out by way of resigning? He's the one that hired Pelini and gave him unconditional support. Pearlman fired Pederson essentially for the same type of thing and we all rejoiced.

Pearlman hired Pedersen in the first place. Then, he gave them both ridiculous exentensions 6 months before firing them under pressure fromt he BOR.

How do you feel about him lying about the circumstances of Osborne's departure?

I don't believe for one second that he lied about that. Did he go off the rails in other areas? Yeah. But, there was quite a bit of smoke regarding Harvey when Osborne abruptly announced his retirement. Harvey has quite the ego, and we know Tom won't throw anyone under the bus.
So you think Osborne is lying?

He resigned in leu of being forced out. It's a technicality, but it's not a lie.

Q: Were you forced out as A.D.?

Osborne: “I wasn’t forced out. I resigned. And that’s the end of the story.”

I don't trust Harvey at all, and I have little trust in Shawn.

And apparently no trust in Tom Osborne either. Everyone is a liar.

He didn't lie. He was very deliberate in his response.

I don't believe for one second that he lied about that. Did he go off the rails in other areas? Yeah. But, there was quite a bit of smoke regarding Harvey when Osborne abruptly announced his retirement. Harvey has quite the ego, and we know Tom won't throw anyone under the bus.

He resigned in leu of being forced out. It's a technicality, but it's not a lie.

I get sick of "everyone is a liar" claims. There are always 2 sides to the story, and the "truth" is usually in-between. I don't think it's a secret that TO was asked to retire sooner than TO wanted to. I don't think it was fair that Bo had to bring up Osborne's exit in a discussion with his players. Bo had issues with his bosses, that's pretty clear.

You are saying he was very deliberate in his response, then read the whole thing. "I wasn't forced out." Either he's lying, or Bo is.

But I think I get it. Harvey Perlman kicked your puppy and you hate him for it.

Matthew Hanson from the OWH with some great observations, via twitter.

Matthew Hansen @redcloud_scribe

There are reasons to criticize Harvey Perlman & UNL. There are reasons to praise him. Virtually none of it has anything to do with football.

A plea: Quit looking through lens of football to judge leaders of Nebraska public universities. It makes you look silly and it makes me sad.

He's right. Since Harvey Pearlman was hired in 2001, we've seen Nebraska go from the top of the Collegiate (and Athletic) world, to a middle tier Big Ten school. We've been kicked out of the AAU. We've had a completely disfunctional athletic department for 12 years, have hired/fired/rehired/and fired all sorts of underlings. The last decade plus has been a constant struggle for progress and we've cleaned house three times now, and yet one variable remains...

If we're intent on cleaning house and fixing the problems, there's but one solution.

I didnt buy that part either Count. Im guessing he was looking for a way out during that weekend. He made it clear he has been unhappy for a while.

What youre saying is different that what he was explaining to the players though, in my opinion anyway. He makes it sound like some calculated plan. Like he's been plainning to say that stuff for days before that situation. He just about didnt say it. Go back and watch that particular presser. he got hot headed again and randomly vented. yeah, it's how he really felt, but it wasnt some calculated mind trick, "i did that to see where they stand. To force them to make a move". No. we've seen enough of this guy in the light to know that he's no where near capable enough to process such thoughts in times of heat.

Thats what I mean. In the moment (the presser) he was ready to be done. The season was rough and the Iowa loss was the kicker. He was done, he expected to be done. That was his invite to terminate him so he could be gone. But it didnt happen for another year.

Sure. I got you know. My sentiment is it was not some pre-medittated plan that was put together days in advance IN CASE we lost that game. Cuz that's just the way it came off to me.

There are reasons to criticize Harvey Perlman & UNL. There are reasons to praise him. Virtually none of it has anything to do with football.

A plea: Quit looking through lens of football to judge leaders of Nebraska public universities. It makes you look silly and it makes me sad.

He's right. Since Harvey Pearlman was hired in 2001, we've seen Nebraska go from the top of the Collegiate (and Athletic) world, to a middle tier Big Ten school. We've been kicked out of the AAU. We've had a completely disfunctional athletic department for 12 years, have hired/fired/rehired/and fired all sorts of underlings. The last decade plus has been a constant struggle for progress and we've cleaned house three times now, and yet one variable remains...

If we're intent on cleaning house and fixing the problems, there's but one solution.

LOL. We were at the top of the collegiate world before Perlman was hired in 2001?! HAHAHA. Atheltic world? Football, we were close to the top at that point, but obviously slipping. But the collegiate world in terms of everything that goes into a major research university??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I stopped reading at that point because literally nothing you say can be taken seriously after that.

• Fire 1

Osborne debunked Bo Pelini's lie that he was "forced out" of the Athletic Director position:

LINK

Q: Why do you think he had the impression you were?

Osborne: “I don’t know. I haven’t heard the tape. I don’t know that it’s legitimate. I’m not going to comment on something I know nothing about. I resigned as athletic director as of Jan. 1, 2013, and I stuck around for six months to help with the transition. That’s what I did. That’s pretty well-documented.”

Q: Did your departure go the way you wanted it to?

Osborne: “I’m fine with everything. I’m not going to be drawn into that. That’s ridiculous. I did what I did, I resigned on my own, I stayed around and tried to help with the transition.”

So what if Osborne was forced out by way of resigning? He's the one that hired Pelini and gave him unconditional support. Pearlman fired Pederson essentially for the same type of thing and we all rejoiced.

Pearlman hired Pedersen in the first place. Then, he gave them both ridiculous exentensions 6 months before firing them under pressure fromt he BOR.

I don't care. Osborne made this hire and it was a bad one. I don't care if Pearlman fired him or not.

This is in no way to be misconstrued that I support Pearlman. I think he needs to focus more on academics for a while and leave athletics to those that know what they are doing.

LOL. We were at the top of the collegiate world before Perlman was hired in 2001?! HAHAHA. Atheltic world? Football, we were close to the top at that point, but obviously slipping. But the collegiate world in terms of everything that goes into a major research university??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I stopped reading at that point because literally nothing you say can be taken seriously after that.

cool. I don't really care what you think. So, ignore me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quick, who was the only school to ever get kicked out of the AAU, and who was in charge?