OWH: Bo Pelini insults A.D. Shawn Eichorst in expletive-filled rant during final meeting with players

zoogs

Revoke his buyout.

My understanding it is a private conversation to his former players at an off campus meeting... My understanding non team required... So private meeting at a private site...

The guy got fired letting off steam. I think most people see it for what it is.

Not like he called ESPN and said hey guys let me tell you all the skeletons in the NU closet. If that was the case yes revoke his buyout.

Bo needs to however realize there are people recording him. Seems some people love this car crash and love staring at it, and or *cough* Polo *cough* gloating at a mans demise.

I am sure in a week if Bo says F@## NU at a Christmas party and is recorded, certain insidious board members that just cant win will post it and want to hire Bo again and fire him all over again!

dedhoarse

Question: Besides boredom or spite why do you care? I do not care or argue with the crazy angry man at the grocery store that blames Obama for it raining today. Most likely who ever recorded Bo probably got a pay day for doing so from the press...

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81449531/

I think this scene from Extras of Ricky Gervais on the media really sums it up. Yes it is gutter media, private conversation - get on with your life. If you are laying in the gutter to get a upskirt of a celebrity than you are the gutter press.

Bo is gone.

I don't know if a public school counts as a private site especially when they didn't even have permission to be there.

Everyone should thank Bo for turning the program back in the right direction from the pederson-callahan debacle instead of bashing him.

We owe Pelini a lot less than he owes us. We gave him far more than his ability, experience, and character deserved.
I don't really buy the "turning the program around" angle, anyway. Were the 2014 Huskers really any better than the 2008 Huskers? Very little progress was made overall (not Bo's fault according to Bo).

Look back at 2007 and the schedule BC played. The Big XII was strong that year (even Kansas was in the top ten), and I don't think that this year's BP team would have done considerably better. It's just that so much of the Big Ten was awful, which padded some numbers.

How do you feel about him lying about the circumstances of Osborne's departure?

I don't believe for one second that he lied about that. Did he go off the rails in other areas? Yeah. But, there was quite a bit of smoke regarding Harvey when Osborne abruptly announced his retirement. Harvey has quite the ego, and we know Tom won't throw anyone under the bus.
So you think Osborne is lying?

He resigned in leu of being forced out. It's a technicality, but it's not a lie.

Q: Were you forced out as A.D.?

Osborne: “I wasn’t forced out. I resigned. And that’s the end of the story.”

I don't trust Harvey at all, and I have little trust in Shawn.

And apparently no trust in Tom Osborne either. Everyone is a liar.

We were never going to be in a good position with the combo of Bo and Shawn. They just didnt meld properly. My opinion is that Shawn should have made it clear from the get go he wanted to bring in his guy, go in a new direction. That way Bo could have taken a top job elsewhere and left on better terms.

But neither sides were willing to do that, even after last year when it should have happened. Shawn wanted to make an example of Bo, and Bo wanted his termination millions. Hard to fault either for that. It just could have been handled better by both men. The exchange between the two Bo layed out sounds pretty genuine to me in how it went down. Shawn didnt like Bo and Bo didnt like him. Did he need to tell the players that? Not at all. He just wanted them to know his side, biased as it might be.

Like I said, wish this happened last year so we could be past this crap.

• Fire 1

I like how Bo tried to spin his dare to fire him after the Iowa game last year as some calculated thought-of mighty plan to play mind games with the administration. My wife, who doesnt pay much attention to all this stuff, busted out laughing at this point when listening to this with me last night. And we share the same opinion. Bo, knock it off. You freaked out in a presser after you freaked out in a game. Seriously. That's was probably the biggest crock of bullsh#t about the whole deal.

• Fire 1

It leaves me scratching my head why people are coming out saying they don't trust Shawn Eichorst. Really, what has he done to not have your trust? Repeatedly, we have witnessed Bo not controlling his temper. We have heard one audio tape already of him having absolutely no respect for the fans and administration to the point of him being an immature idiot.

So.....Shawn fires him and all of a sudden we shouldn't trust him?

That makes no sense to me.

• Fire 3

I didnt buy that part either Count. Im guessing he was looking for a way out during that weekend. He made it clear he has been unhappy for a while.

What youre saying is different that what he was explaining to the players though, in my opinion anyway. He makes it sound like some calculated plan. Like he's been plainning to say that stuff for days before that situation. He just about didnt say it. Go back and watch that particular presser. he got hot headed again and randomly vented. yeah, it's how he really felt, but it wasnt some calculated mind trick, "i did that to see where they stand. To force them to make a move". No. we've seen enough of this guy in the light to know that he's no where near capable enough to process such thoughts in times of heat.

• Fire 1

I didnt buy that part either Count. Im guessing he was looking for a way out during that weekend. He made it clear he has been unhappy for a while.

What youre saying is different that what he was explaining to the players though, in my opinion anyway. He makes it sound like some calculated plan. Like he's been plainning to say that stuff for days before that situation. He just about didnt say it. Go back and watch that particular presser. he got hot headed again and randomly vented. yeah, it's how he really felt, but it wasnt some calculated mind trick, "i did that to see where they stand. To force them to make a move". No. we've seen enough of this guy in the light to know that he's no where near capable enough to process such thoughts in times of heat.

Thats what I mean. In the moment (the presser) he was ready to be done. The season was rough and the Iowa loss was the kicker. He was done, he expected to be done. That was his invite to terminate him so he could be gone. But it didnt happen for another year.

Brainwashing is a scary thing.

Agreed. SE is a master of that. We are supposed to believe he is a good judge of head football coaching ability after his great pick at Miami? Yeah real stud AD.

Seriously? Let me guess you also agree with the crap that Osborne was forced out? You bought into the crap that Bo was feeding everybody.... He has given up, refused to make adjustments and was butt hurt when it caught up with him

We were never going to be in a good position with the combo of Bo and Shawn. They just didnt meld properly. My opinion is that Shawn should have made it clear from the get go he wanted to bring in his guy, go in a new direction. That way Bo could have taken a top job elsewhere and left on better terms.

But neither sides were willing to do that, even after last year when it should have happened. Shawn wanted to make an example of Bo, and Bo wanted his termination millions. Hard to fault either for that. It just could have been handled better by both men. The exchange between the two Bo layed out sounds pretty genuine to me in how it went down. Shawn didnt like Bo and Bo didnt like him. Did he need to tell the players that? Not at all. He just wanted them to know his side, biased as it might be.

Like I said, wish this happened last year so we could be past this crap.

It should have happened last year but for SE having barely been around during Bo's tenure (and he admitted as much at the presser he gave to announce Bo's firing). I see that as a point in the AD's favor, in other words, that he gave Bo more consideration. As for how Bo could have taken a job elsewhere and left on better terms had the axe come down a year earlier, I'm not sure I follow your reasoning. The YSU contract was signed ahead of the latest audio being released by the press, right? What's the difference? I've wondered whether Bo would rather have gone out on the high note that was the hat-swinging incident as opposed to the latest tirade but can't imagine it cost him a shot at being the head coach at Texas/USC/Penn State, yadda yadda...

There are things in this world that I do not want or need to know about. Don't wanna know what's really in the hot dog I'm eating, don't wanna know what weird niche of adult websites my neighbors are into, and I don't need another hidden mike tape from yet another profane Pelini rant. Seriously why does everything our coach does have to be taped like it's a sting operation to bring down the mob?

Back to Pelini I just want this to be over so bad. I always figured he would leave one of two ways. Either leave as a lifer riding off into the sunset after a long and storied career or he'd get fired for punching a nun or some such thing, then part ways with us while creating the biggest nastiest tire fire he could. But when he was let go and I didn't hear much I got my hopes up. I spent much of yesterday thinking "well he took a shot at Perlman while accepting his new job, if that's the worst of it we're getting out of this okay."

Then like most of his big games my hopes that things would be not so bad slowly got worse and worse and more toxic. My only hope was that this would quiet some of the "9-3 coach firing you guys are crazy!" people. But the truth is people will spin things to fit whatever their perceived reality is. Most outside of the Nebraska fan base either don't care enough to read about the details of the latest Nebraska drama or still have an ax to grind against us and look at this as just another way to rub our noses in it.

I really miss when we use to play football and stuff, that was fun.

Speaking of football we have a bowl game to play. But I'm not all that excited about it, is anybody besides the players? It isn't even a bad match up. We're not playing in Florida or playing an SEC team again. What the hell is my problem?

I guess if we win it adds more full to the fire for the aforementioned 9-3 pitchfork people. If we lose it's just another 9-4 season. A season that really felt like it ended around the 2nd quarter of the Wisky game. I'm also not looking forward to the announcers excitedly rehashing all of this drama with all the excitement of a 12 year old girl filled to the pig-tails with fresh gossip.

I really like the new guy and hope he does well. By now everyone has said what a nice guy he is. I agree, but Doc Sadler seemed like a really nice guy too, and you know what they say about nice guys.....

All that aside he seems like a guy I can root for and get behind. But I said that about Solich, Callahan and Pelini too. Things just look pretty bleak going forward.

That said, I'd still be happy with 9 wins with the new guy. The people who have pegged us in the "You ungrateful @#$@s! Take your 9 wins and enjoy it because that's all you'll ever be" people will never change. Just like the people who picture Nebraska as this endless cornfield filled with a sparse population of hicks and rednecks without running water, automobiles or electricity. Just like the XII people who still insist that all our ills are (somehow) due to not being able to beat Texas and cowardly slinking off to the Big Ten.

Even the Steve Pederson getting fired didn't lift my spirits. I was close to smiling at first, then I read about all the crap he put them through and that just bummed me out. I have never been a fan of Pitt but I wouldn't wish that guy on anybody.

Sorry for the rant guys. I just couldn't seem to think of anything else until I got this off my chest. That too is pretty sad.

• Fire 1