OWH: Bo Pelini insults A.D. Shawn Eichorst in expletive-filled rant during final meeting with players

zoogs

I would really love to ask Bo if complaining about his old job and trashing his old boss "in private", behind someone's back are the actions of a "grown ass man".

Yes...it is the actions of basically all of us.

Who here has NOT bitched about their boss or ex-boss or co-workers to their friends, family and so on. We have all done it...every single one of us.

I am glad he is gone and I have no idea what Riley will do...but lets not start acting like we don't complain about our jobs, bosses and co-workers from time to time.

Just this last month I have said "I hate her", "That person is annoying" "What a loser" "God, I wish they would stay out of my business" about co-workers and the like.

What a load. It is not the actions all of us would take.

If I got fired, I would not call a private meeting of all of the people under me and try to convince them all how horrible the people above me and them are/were. That is the actions of a vindictive idiot. Now, maybe if one of them would call me, I would try to explain my feelings.

Bo could have taken the opportunity to be a positive influence on these kids's lives and he was a pathetic cry baby making everything about how horrible he had it while he trots off with 7.5 million dollars.

Give me a break.

So, if each player had called him and he "explained his feelings" you would have been cool with that? Got it!

Even though in your particular post you told me that my thoughts/ideas were a load...I am assuming a load of crap? Soooo...if that post got you that upset I could only imagine how you might act if you were canned. Just saying.

• Fire 1

Just listened to the whole audio. This honestly just sounded like a guy talking to his players about what went down. Sure there was some foul language but he wasnt ranting and raving. He was talking calmly and explaining things to them. Not in any way how i thought it was going to sound.

Except it's probably not at all what happened.

Oh, I see. He can't form his own opinion after hearing the audio.

I return the favor to you. Your wrong. There, see how that works.

• Fire 1

You guys are pu&&y. I like Bo even more.

Look at almost any thread, and if you think you "fans" are not more negative and childish the Bo, your delusional. SE sounds like a complete loser.

Bring it.

I agree about liking Bo more from this, I know that's not popular...and I am glad he's gone, but still nice to see someone who doesn't just do the "company" good-bye and act like everything was fine. Why do we have to be so "PC" all the time, it's like everyone freaks out when someone speaks their mind. If he was working at McDonalds and left that job with a rant like this, we would all say "good job" but when it's a university position and comes with a million dollar salary everyone thinks he has to act a certain way...I like his passion.
Big difference between passion and being a childish jerk off who had the support of one of the most loyal fan bases in the country even after he crapped on us by calling us fair weather and telling us to f ourselves.

Had the support of one of the most loyal fan base? You must be joking. There was a clear divide. (and for the last time, he wasn't refering to all fans in the quote you mention).

Fake Bo Pelini @FauxPelini · 21h 21 hours ago

.@JimTressel5 We should make a policy that prohibits audio recording people who say the F word

0 replies 216 retweets 706 favorites
Retweet 216 Retweeted 216
Favorite 706 Favorited 706
More
  • Embed Tweet

WHY DID GOD CREATE THE F WORD IF WE WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO SAY IT SOMETIMES

0 replies 715 retweets 1,424 favorites
Retweet 715 Retweeted 715
Favorite 1.4K Favorited 1.4K
More
  • Embed Tweet

.@BarackObama IS IT LEGAL TO AUDIOTAPE PEOPLE WHO SAY THE F WORD

0 replies 177 retweets 576 favorites
Retweet 177 Retweeted 177
Favorite 576 Favorited 576
More
  • Embed Tweet

KNOCK KNOCK who's there F YOU is that you bo HOW DID YOU GUESS

0 replies 363 retweets 985 favorites
Retweet 363 Retweeted 363
Favorite 985 Favorited 985
More
  • Embed Tweet

I WOULDN'T HAVE TO SAY THE BAD WORDS IF EVERYONE IN THE WORLD WASN'T AN a-hole

0 replies 602 retweets 1,367 favorites
Retweet 602 Retweeted 602
Favorite 1.4K Favorited 1.4K
More
  • Embed Tweet

OK FINE I APOLOGIZE FOR SAYING ALL THOSE f'ing BAD WORDS

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

• Fire 1

I trust Bo more than I trust Eichorst. And I think that at the end of the 2015 football season, most fans will agree.

Agree

If we win 5 games next season, it still wasn't wrong to fire Bo. Mike Riley may not be the right guy for the job, that doesn't mean Bo Pelini was. And his latest tirade definitely proved he wasn't.

i agree. i would +1 you, but i am out. i will get you sometime.

Until the day a Nebraska fan kills historical trees of a rival or rips the scrotum off of a fan of a rival school, I'll think Bo is full of BS that this is a Nebraska thing. And I guarantee, that the negativity, with similar outcomes is far worse at schools like LSU than it ever will be at Nebraska. If he's ever given the chance to run a top-tier P5 program again, considering his short comings, he'll know true fan vitriol and wish he appreciated what he had here while he was here.

I don't know. Looking at this now, yes, I'm glad we parted ways with Bo. But I don't like Eichorst regardless if he had security or not. Just listening to him, things I've read about him, don't like the guy.

That's how I always make my conclusions about people too.

Okay, let me rephrase that for your Moraine. I don't like him as our AD. I'm sure he's a nice guy.

what has he done as AD that you do not like?

he seems to keep a low profile. which is neither good nor bad. but i find it preferable and he warned us that that is who he is. none of the other coaches seems to have a problem with him. he made the courageous decision to fire a coach that had no business leading young men, and quickly replaced him with one of the most respected coaches in the nation.

the only reason people have not to like him is from bo's complaints. but, bo is a man fraught with paranoia and perceived persecutors, but not much integrity.

You can say went about things the wrong way, I can agree with that.

But what is this perceived paranoia thing? He thought Eichorst was out to get him? Well, turns out he was he fired him, he says the media is very scrutinizing here in Nebraska? That's common knowledge, and name one coach tha actually likes the media. Saban, miles, urban... All of these guys lash out at the media on a fairly frequent basis. And the f the fans tape? They did leave early, and many fans on here shared Bo's very sentiment.

I don't get this paranoia bs people are just throwing out there.

X2

I'm not sure what is more fascinating...

1) the fact that he comes across as a petulant teenager bitching about how his parents grounded him for no reason

2) his apparent complete inability to temper the emotions of a group of young men who needed a calming voice and some kind of message to help them move ahead

3) or Bo's complete ineptitude in even HAVING a coherent message after two days to think about it. He may have his players' 'back', but is it any wonder why the players lack direction on the field? That was a truly misguided rambling.

Best soundbite of the day:

'This stays here, fellas'

so much of it is so bizarre. bo's pity for himself and not getting enough support. wondering what he was doing here. just coach football, man. no one is out to get you. and what did he want from the AD? seriously. what is he talking about? did he really want the AD hanging around practices and the locker? what would he have said then?

then when he talked about core values. again, what is he talking about? and the only value of bo's seems to be blind loyalty to incompetence. his incessant need for support, which what that exactly means is vague. and what did he do to foster a relationship with the AD. and why could he not just coach? just worry about the upcoming games. he has only himself for getting so wrapped up in any other drama, mostly self-created.

just bizarre.

Yep. Add to it him telling the players that its ok for them to leave or stay if they choose. wow.

What was most striking to me was the fact that the players were snickering and laughing as he called his boss names.

i really want to be shocked that anyone would still try to defend bo after this, but meh. looks like if someone had made up their mind to stick with Bo over the state of nebraska and the school, then nothing ever will.

You are equating SE with nebraska. That is incorrect. I think he (SE) made a mistake and is a tool. Why do I care, because I want the best for nebraska.

I'm not sure what is more fascinating...

1) the fact that he comes across as a petulant teenager bitching about how his parents grounded him for no reason

2) his apparent complete inability to temper the emotions of a group of young men who needed a calming voice and some kind of message to help them move ahead

3) or Bo's complete ineptitude in even HAVING a coherent message after two days to think about it. He may have his players' 'back', but is it any wonder why the players lack direction on the field? That was a truly misguided rambling.

Best soundbite of the day:

'This stays here, fellas'

so much of it is so bizarre. bo's pity for himself and not getting enough support. wondering what he was doing here. just coach football, man. no one is out to get you. and what did he want from the AD? seriously. what is he talking about? did he really want the AD hanging around practices and the locker? what would he have said then?

then when he talked about core values. again, what is he talking about? and the only value of bo's seems to be blind loyalty to incompetence. his incessant need for support, which what that exactly means is vague. and what did he do to foster a relationship with the AD. and why could he not just coach? just worry about the upcoming games. he has only himself for getting so wrapped up in any other drama, mostly self-created.

just bizarre.

Yep. Add to it him telling the players that its ok for them to leave or stay if they choose. wow.

What was most striking to me was the fact that the players were snickering and laughing as he called his boss names.

i really want to be shocked that anyone would still try to defend bo after this, but meh. looks like if someone had made up their mind to stick with Bo over the state of nebraska and the school, then nothing ever will.

You are equating SE with nebraska. That is incorrect. I think he (SE) mad a mistake and is a tool. Why do I care, because I want the best for nebraska.

IF SE made a mistake, I assure you it was not the firing of Bo P*****. Mike Riley has yet to prove himself, but all indications are the only way to go is up. Or sideways. Or maybe down a little bit, but still have a classy guy say "Aw shucks" at the weekly press conference.

another funny observation: bo still had people on his side. maybe just a vocal minority, but a good amount nonetheless. and he could have just walked out with head held high and some dignity and tried to be successful at his next place and prove that eichorst made a mistake. but he did not. he removed what little doubt any reasonable person may have had on the firing.

anymore, i feel bad that eichorst had to work with bo and had pressure to keep him. that seems a lot worse than being a coach at a tradition-rich university and having the expectation of winning; which is ridiculous to complain about (esp. when clocking in just over $3 mil.).

I love how people are so arragent to say that if you disagree you are unreasonable.

• Fire 1