OWH: Bo Pelini insults A.D. Shawn Eichorst in expletive-filled rant during final meeting with players

zoogs

people should really stop comparing bo to average employees. that is a false comparison.

and even so, bo behaved in a way that anyone would be embarrassed of if any of those players behaved that way. yet he was there still in the capacity as their leader and mentor. his actions are disgraceful, no matter what any of you might say about your employer in private.

What if you work with 3 people...and you complain to one of them about the other...calling the one that is not present a bunch of names...is that a world of difference? You are ripping the guy to 33% of the company

There's a pretty apt 3-person analogy that many others have observed here.

I would really love to ask Bo if complaining about his old job and trashing his old boss "in private", behind someone's back are the actions of a "grown ass man".

Isn't in private where most people complain about their jobs and bosses? haha I'm just saying... :)

Also, OMG SO MANY EMOTICONS! A whole new world has been opened up.

Complaining about your boss and name calling like Bo did are 2 completely different things...

And I believe getting kicked out of the AAU wasn't something Harvey could control.

I know a former highly placed administrator that knows otherwise . . . and it's all in writing.

That's why I said I believe. I thought us getting kicked out of the AAU was due to UNL and UNMC being treated as separate campuses and therefore the research done at UNMC didn't add to the research being done at UNL.

I'll admit to not knowing much (or anything) about this, just that we were kicked out. I remember reading something like what I said above, but that was years ago and I didn't know how credible the article was at the time.

I'd be eager to read a PM about this though, if you wouldn't mind.

As I recall, NU had been given 2 or 3 years prior notice that UNMC was too far from UNL to be included as part of UNL. Perlman & co argued this to get the proximity requirement changed or get an exception without success. If there is substantially more to this, I am curious as well....

people should really stop comparing bo to average employees. that is a false comparison.

and even so, bo behaved in a way that anyone would be embarrassed of if any of those players behaved that way. yet he was there still in the capacity as their leader and mentor. his actions are disgraceful, no matter what any of you might say about your employer in private.

To you...yes...not me...I don't care about what he said or did. It just doesn't bother me but I do like reading the stuff cause it is a great time killer!

I would really love to ask Bo if complaining about his old job and trashing his old boss "in private", behind someone's back are the actions of a "grown ass man".

Yes...it is the actions of basically all of us.

Who here has NOT bitched about their boss or ex-boss or co-workers to their friends, family and so on. We have all done it...every single one of us.

I am glad he is gone and I have no idea what Riley will do...but lets not start acting like we don't complain about our jobs, bosses and co-workers from time to time.

Just this last month I have said "I hate her", "That person is annoying" "What a loser" "God, I wish they would stay out of my business" about co-workers and the like.

What a load. It is not the actions all of us would take.

If I got fired, I would not call a private meeting of all of the people under me and try to convince them all how horrible the people above me and them are/were. That is the actions of a vindictive idiot. Now, maybe if one of them would call me, I would try to explain my feelings.

Bo could have taken the opportunity to be a positive influence on these kids's lives and he was a pathetic cry baby making everything about how horrible he had it while he trots off with 7.5 million dollars.

Give me a break.

• Fire 3

Man I was a true Bo-liever but after hearing and reading that, even if it's true about Eichorst, you don't say those things to the team. You sound like a whiny b**ch. Not a lot of class. Put YSU on the schedule and piss pound the Penguins up and down the field.

I never want to see Bo Pelini in Memorial Stadium again. He doesn't deserve it.

• Fire 3

And I believe getting kicked out of the AAU wasn't something Harvey could control.

I know a former highly placed administrator that knows otherwise . . . and it's all in writing.

That's why I said I believe. I thought us getting kicked out of the AAU was due to UNL and UNMC being treated as separate campuses and therefore the research done at UNMC didn't add to the research being done at UNL.

I'll admit to not knowing much (or anything) about this, just that we were kicked out. I remember reading something like what I said above, but that was years ago and I didn't know how credible the article was at the time.

I'd be eager to read a PM about this though, if you wouldn't mind.

PM sent.

FWIW, the UNMC/UNL distinction is a factor but was not decisive.