Which recent Husker era do you wish never happened?

Sparker

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In before the "let it go" clip post.

That sh#ts gettin real old.

It's a message board. I know the program, players, etc, need to move on, but for god's sake, us as fans? We can discuss what we like.

Here in a thread bringing up Callahan and Solich eras..........

And look at me being a hypocrite in saying, if you dont like what's being discussed, move along to the next thread then as I bitch about some random video posts

I agree with you. Take it up with the others.

It's an interesting question. Bo had more success than Callahan, no doubt.

In some ways though the Callahan era was better for me because it didn't get dragged out. The minute it became obvious it wasn't going to work out, he was fired. 2004 was a tough transition year. 2005 we got better. 2006 we improved on that some. It looked like we were poised for good things in 2007 and recruiting was going good. There was excitement and hope. Then the bottom fell out.

Bo improved the team initially then it was a replay of the same season over and over again. There was no real hope for the program, from my vantage point anyway, the last few years. Having hope is a big part of the enjoyment of being a fan.

• Fire 2

I don't wish for any of eras not to happened. No program is invincible. You learn from mistakes and try to make things better. Do you wish apart of your personal life was wiped from memory?? Maybe, but during that time you probably learned something that you still carry with you today.

Agree. Couldn't vote for either. Don't agree w the premise of the question

I wish McBride had been the coach instead of Solich..........but that seems like a lifetime ago.

McBride was ready to retire with TO. He only stayed on for 2 more years as a favor to TO and Solich.

That's what they said........then five years later he had interest in another job. We should have forced him to coach....somebody should've leaned on him.

Didn't vote. Solich era . Because if that one never occurs, then these other two don't ever appear.

Here is where I think the biggest mistake was made: Solich had one year with Pelini as his DC. 10-3 season. I can only remember two of the 3 losses. They were to KSU and Texas. Both if memory serves me right, were Top 10, Top 15 teams. I know that KSU was a BCS bowl team and Big 12 champs. The thing is, who knows what would have become of the Solich era, if he was given 2 years with Pelini as his DC. Again, Solich didn't lose games that he was suppose to win. Thus, I am sure would have made the Callahan era never in play.

So I guess, Callahan era if I were to vote on the two.

Neither Callahan nor Pelini were *terrible* for the program. Callahan brought in a fair number of talented recruits. Just couldn't take us to the next level. Largely due to his stubborn loyalty to Kevin Cosgrove, IMHO. Pelini carried the torch. But he, too, couldn't take us to the next level. It's not like either of them ran us into the ground. It's more that we Nebraska fans got sort of spoiled during our awesome championship run of the 1990s. I know I did. I wanna get back there damnit! :lol:

Pelini might be an ahole but he did some good things. Callys time is like a giant black hole.

the last 4 years have been a black hole as well, about the same as callahan.

Callahan woulda won us 9-10 games against the competition were facing now and bo woulda only won 5-8 games against what callahan dealt with.

God this pisses me off. Bo abd his recent shenanigans have turned me into a callahan apologist.

Neither Callahan nor Pelini were *terrible* for the program. Callahan brought in a fair number of talented recruits. Just couldn't take us to the next level. Largely due to his stubborn loyalty to Kevin Cosgrove, IMHO. Pelini carried the torch. But he, too, couldn't take us to the next level. It's not like either of them ran us into the ground. It's more that we Nebraska fans got sort of spoiled during our awesome championship run of the 1990s. I know I did. I wanna get back there damnit! :lol:

I guess it depends if these things are bad:

Not going to bowl games

Finishing season unranked

Third place in a weak division

Being laughed at as a has-been in any national conversation

Several public apologies from the head coach and athletic department for PR disasters

Spitting on Ron Brown

Swinging a hat at a refs face

F@&$ing fans

Being talked about more frequently for what is wrong than what is right

Not going to bowl games

Several public apologies from the head coach and athletic department for PR disasters

Spitting on Ron Brown

F@&$ing fans

Yeah, I know about all the bad things. We had one losing season under Callahan and Pelini. Went 5-7 in 2007. During most of the Callahan/Pelini years we won 8 or 9 games. Could we have done better? Sure. But I would say NU football during that period was not *terrible*. I also realize that some of the fans who got spoiled during the 90s might disagree. To each his own I guess.

Not going to bowl games

Spitting on Ron Brown

F@&$ing fans

Yeah, I know about all the bad things. We had one losing season under Callahan and Pelini. Went 5-7 in 2007. During most of the Callahan/Pelini years we won 8 or 9 games. Could we have done better? Sure. But I would say NU football during that period was not *terrible*. I also realize that some of the fans who got spoiled during the 90s might disagree. To each his own I guess.

5-6 in 2004

Not going to bowl games

Spitting on Ron Brown

F@&$ing fans

5-6 in 2004

Yup. Must have blocked that one from my memory. ; -)

I honestly cannot believe 20 people voted the Pelini era as the one to do without. Callahan was a bum (I couldnt stand him when he coached my Raiders either). He didnt care about Nebraska or any of its traditions and storied past. At least Bo righted the ship, got us to 9-10 wins per year, etc. True the us against the world mentality obviously went overboard and a change was needed, but I always liked his fire and emotions. Nebraska needs to move on and has moved on...hopefully success follows as well as success for Bo.