"There isn’t a lick of pressure."

Bowl games are usually about whoever has more motivation to win, especially in some of these lesser bowls. USC's motivation should be because they want to keep the program moving forward, and a loss to a nine win Nebraska team going through a coaching change doesn't look good. On the surface, Nebraska has absolutely nothing to play for.

Conversely, Nebraska has a lot of graduating seniors and certainly some players upset about Pelini's firing to a degree. My concern is whether the push to send seniors out with a win and somewhat 'stick-it-to-the-man' is enough to push the team through for four quarters. Maybe, too, not having Pelini around may actually help them better handle adversity?

Or, they'll get pooped on from the start and not be able to recover.

Nebraska with a healthy Ameer Abdullah, Randy Gregory & Maliek Collins is a dangerous team. I think we'll put up a fight

If you can get Gregory motivated for the game. He has mailed it in since the Wisconsin debacle mainly due to Bo's stubbornness to make any adjustments to the defensive strategy that has lead to some of the most embarrassing losses in school history.

Nebraska with a healthy Ameer Abdullah, Randy Gregory & Maliek Collins is a dangerous team. I think we'll put up a fight

If you can get Gregory motivated for the game. He has mailed it in since the Wisconsin debacle mainly due to Bo's stubbornness to make any adjustments to the defensive strategy that has lead to some of the most embarrassing losses in school history.

Good thing Bo is gone then huh? Smh...

We win 59-0 and Barney immediately is offered the HC job at Michigan

I know I am the only person here to ever say this and I've said it before, but Barney was not a bad OC. If Barney was calling the plays Saturday we would win this game.

Those 5 games in 2003 where we couldn't even manage to score 20 points would beg to differ. 24.8 ppg isn't very good man. I don't hate the guy, but I question how good of a coach he is and I also question how many of his minions that we gave schollies to.

I also disagree that we'd beat USC if Barney were calling the game. They have a lot more talent than us. I'll be surprised personally if we keep it within 14.

We win 59-0 and Barney immediately is offered the HC job at Michigan

I know I am the only person here to ever say this and I've said it before, but Barney was not a bad OC. If Barney was calling the plays Saturday we would win this game.

Those 5 games in 2003 where we couldn't even manage to score 20 points would beg to differ. 24.8 ppg isn't very good man. I don't hate the guy, but I question how good of a coach he is and I also question how many of his minions that we gave schollies to.

I also disagree that we'd beat USC if Barney were calling the game. They have a lot more talent than us. I'll be surprised personally if we keep it within 14.

Yea, people always have a hard time seperating talent and numbers and stats, from just seeing what it is we were doing on the field. I'm pretty well used to that around here.

Barney was actually a pretty good play caller. I liked the run game under him and I also liked the mix of play action and used the TE quite a bit in his passing game. Pretty bland stuff really, but as far as play design, really highly efficient and basic stuff. The team didn't always execute and I think we just lacked a few more playmakers.

Maybe watching Shawn Watson and Tim Beck for years now just makes me remember the days of the north and south run game and throws to the TE a bit more fondly.

I was a bit tongue in cheek with the comment about beating USC if Barney was OC. I should've said I think we'd have a better chance. I say that only because I think a north and south run game would benefit us in this game, and an ability to possess the ball for longer periods of time. Neither of these things are in Becks mindset.

I agree, we probably lose by 17. Not sure if they blow us away talent wise, but where it counts is what will hurt us. Our offensive line is battered and USC has a stud DT. Probably gonna be tough going for our offense.

Run the ball, be physical, run the ball, run the ball again, and then when all else is failing run the ball. Our only chance is to tire them out, and win in the fourth quarter. Depth is their main weakness compared to Nebraska. Talent wise, leaps and bounds above us, but who has the bigger heart, who plays the hardest and survives.

If we air it out, we lose and it will most likely be quickly. Run the clock, keep their QB and wide outs off the field.

Here is hoping.