OWH McKweon poses a great question about future.

Our HC who won so many games etc etc is now the HC of a FCS school...why didn't michigan throw 8 mil at Bo if he was a good coach? Why didn't auburn throw silly coin and get him as DC? Because he isn't that good

Or is it because he needed a few years to better himself and let the memory of his exit fade away a bit. He will be back in the FBS.

• Fire 1

I think Riley will do okay if he understands the Big 10 is not a passing league. There's too many November games where you have to line up and be able to run the ball at people to win. Osborne knew that, Callahan didn't and and Bo who in his first press conference said we were going to run the ball and force our will on people never hired the right assistants to make Nebraska an elite program again.

We have to give Riley a chance to put a staff in place and we will see firsthand how he coaches in the fishbowl we call Nebraska.

Why should there be a honeymoon period? We should be in the B1G title game next season...that should be the clear goal. Anything less is a failure in year one. We have enough starters and young talent to beat out Wisconsin with a new coach, Minnesota, Northwestern, and Iowa...seriously we should all expect to make the title game. I understand that things can happen but this should be the goal at the very least. The west is there for the taking.

• Fire 2

Why should there be a honeymoon period? We should be in the B1G title game next season...that should be the clear goal. Anything less is a failure in year one. We have enough starters and young talent to beat out Wisconsin with a new coach, Minnesota, Northwestern, and Iowa...seriously we should all expect to make the title game. I understand that things can happen but this should be the goal at the very least. The west is there for the taking.

Agreed, a West Division Title should be goal #1 every year.

I'm willing to let a few thing slide during the transition but overall there is really no reason we should have to regress next season to take a bigger step the following year.

Agreed, a West Division Title should be goal #1 every year.

I'm willing to let a few thing slide during the transition but overall there is really no reason we should have to regress next season to take a bigger step the following year.

I fully expect to either win the West or be within a game of doing so, and with a better record than Pelini provided. Anything less = failure, IMO.

Of course, the window for forgiveness would had been larger had the hire been more substantial in nature...

What isnt true? That hes entering a good situation? He most certainly is. He has a chance to sign a great class before he even coaches a spring game. Add that to the talented guys he has to work with on offense and young but experienced defense and he has nothing to complain about.

You criticized Bo for not being able to turn us around quicker yet you expect a 61 year old to take his time making us better over years and years? He needs to make this a quick turnaround, especially considering the 9 win bar has been pretty much set in stone now.

I don't think the team is as talented as you make it out to be. Our #1's could run with most of the B1G (OL being the exception). But the #2's, and #3's...that's where we fall behind the elite. Those guys are probably a better measure of talent than just concentrating on the 1's. Every team is going to find a handful of top guys, but it's those behind them that make the difference between 10 wins and 12. We aren't 12 win talented. We're not far off, but I'd say we're no closer today than we were in 2008 when Bo took over. We've got to get those 15ish ranked classes, that are FULL. Then Riley can do something.

Amen! this man gets it. That O-line where it all begins is marginal

Our HC who won so many games etc etc is now the HC of a FCS school...why didn't michigan throw 8 mil at Bo if he was a good coach? Why didn't auburn throw silly coin and get him as DC? Because he isn't that good

Or is it because he needed a few years to better himself and let the memory of his exit fade away a bit. He will be back in the FBS.

Better himself? He hasn't done that in over a decade

If we had hired a better coach that should come with higher expectations, you think he should get more slack if he doesn't do well in year one?

yes. It's called benefit of the doubt. MR and his assistants have nothing on their resume that offers up a benefit of the doubt. If success doesn't happen quickly then there is no reason to stand around waiting for something that hasn't happened before.

Nothing on Bo's resume offered a benefit of the doubt, but he got it for 6-7 years. This "Riley gets one year" business is insane. haha

Just stop for a second and think before you post.

When do you think we'll know for sure.........what will be the catalyst that will set off the string of championships? Recruiting 5 stars? Developing walkons? What?

Dude, why shouldn't a better coach take talented players and make it work just by doing it right? Level with me sporto dude.

Nothing on Bo's resume offered a benefit of the doubt, but he got it for 6-7 years. This "Riley gets one year" business is insane. haha

I literally can't even freaking respond in here it's so freaking ridiculous. I tried. I don't even know where to start. It isn't like they'll listen anyway.

Thank Gawd none of you have ANY say in what happens with this football program. That's all I can add.

The Dude said the rest pretty well.

• Fire 2

When do you think we'll know for sure.........what will be the catalyst that will set off the string of championships? Recruiting 5 stars? Developing walkons? What?

Dude, why shouldn't a better coach take talented players and make it work just by doing it right? Level with me sporto dude.

I'm not sure I know what you're asking.

I would say at least being competitive with Wisconsin would be a step in the right direction.