Confirmed in an email: Randy Gregory to enter draft

Randy Gregory to enter draft

"I'm ready for the next challenge in my life," Gregory said in an email. "I look forward to the coaching I will receive and the chance to push myself alongside the best players in the world. Thank you to my coaches from all levels, the Nebraska fans, my teammates, and my family who have supported me from the start."

He was pretty invisible this year. It dumbfounded me how NFL tv scouts like Kiper Jr. think he's the third best player in the nation, yet Abdullah is barely top 5 running back. I'm. To hating, I wanted him to come back one more year to prove me wrong... I just don't think we'll miss him.

Randy Gregory to enter draft

"I'm ready for the next challenge in my life," Gregory said in an email. "I look forward to the coaching I will receive and the chance to push myself alongside the best players in the world. Thank you to my coaches from all levels, the Nebraska fans, my teammates, and my family who have supported me from the start."

He was pretty invisible this year. It dumbfounded me how NFL tv scouts like Kiper Jr. think he's the third best player in the nation, yet Abdullah is barely top 5 running back. I'm. To hating, I wanted him to come back one more year to prove me wrong... I just don't think we'll miss him.

I agree he wasn't the omni-force we expected him to be. Too many lingering injuries, too little field time, etc. Plus, I'd have guessed he needs to put on a bit of weight and prove he can be a run stuffer.....

BUT, those scouts do this for a living, so they must see something special in him.......

Good luck, Randy

Nebraska DE Randy Gregory enters NFL Draft per @JosinaAnderson

surprising no one. RT “@schadjoe: Nebraska DE Randy Gregory enters NFL Draft per @JosinaAnderson

0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites

1. One less threat for young RU OL to contend with RT @schadjoe: Nebraska DE Randy Gregory enters NFL Draft per @JosinaAnderson

0 replies 0 retweets 1 favorite

2. @DDuggan21 Hes really good....only guy I thought Lumpkin struggled against all season....

0 replies 0 retweets 1 favorite

3. @GQ_Zoolander yeah, seems like he'll be a top 10 pick. Never said to see a guy like that leave.

4. @schadjoe: Nebraska DE Randy Gregory enters NFL Draft per @JosinaAnderson” let's go to work!

0 replies 1 retweet 0 favorites

5. @schadjoe: Nebraska DE Randy Gregory enters NFL Draft per @JosinaAnderson” which he should. Stock will never be higher.

6. @schadjoe: Nebraska DE Randy Gregory enters NFL Draft per @JosinaAnderson”. Can't blame him. I would. Not sure best for his career though

• Fire 1

I said this yesterday in another thread and got torched. I agree 100%. He needs another year.

I can't blame him though. If he really is a top pick, then he should go. I thought there was a rookie cap starting this year, but I really don't know how that impacts him.

It is an impossible task to compare him to SUH during his jr year but SUH came back and it made all of the difference - and SUH was more disruptive than Gregory his Jr year. I even think Crick was even better. I was more impressed wt Collins this year. I think Gregory has the potential, but he could not bull rush a double team like SUH could and we all know what happened on jet sweeps - no containment. So he was getting blocked there pretty well also. I think another year would have done wonders - esp under a more experienced coaching staff with new input. But hey, you got to make hay when the sun is shining and right now he is projected high - go for the money.

I'll echo others' thoughts that for a guy considered such a slam dunk top pick, his impact was at times missing this year. Thought Randy would benefit by staying, but it's completely understandable why he wouldn't.

That said, when your stock is this high, so is the scrutiny. Teams will look for every reason to knock you down. It's a long road to April. Good luck making it into the NFL as a 1st round pick, RG4! I think he's got a shot, but maybe later in the round.

Randy said he would have stayed if Bo stayed which likely doesn't surprise anyone.

I don't buy this for one second

I do, wouldn't be surprised if Bo even told him he should go now.

He'd left regardless.

His stock isn't going to get much higher. Watch the tape from last year, he started buying into his own hype. Effort lacked on many a play. He'd miss a tackle and get up all gimpy like he was hurt and then two plays later make a big play and celebrate like there was no tomorrow. It'd only been worse next fall.

I don't blame him. He had his meal ticket and needed to hop on it. I've said he isn't completely ready for the league. Needs weight and strength improvements. But he knows another year of getting cut all season long increases his injury risk. This was a no brainer, and would have happened with or without Bo.

• Fire 5

It is an impossible task to compare him to SUH during his jr year but SUH came back and it made all of the difference - and SUH was more disruptive than Gregory his Jr year. I even think Crick was even better. I was more impressed wt Collins this year. I think Gregory has the potential, but he could not bull rush a double team like SUH could and we all know what happened on jet sweeps - no containment. So he was getting blocked there pretty well also. I think another year would have done wonders - esp under a more experienced coaching staff with new input. But hey, you got to make hay when the sun is shining and right now he is projected high - go for the money.

Wow. I mean...seriously? This is like criticizing the fry cook at McDonalds for not being able to make foie gras. Not that there's anything wrong with working at McDonalds.