Tavita Thompson New GA Working with TEs

Mavric

Obviously with my post count, people dont know me. my above post was dripping in sarcasm. for everyone that thinks pelini was influenced with "darts from above" i'd agree with you. But i would also say that less than a year into his job (Osborne was helping out thru Jan) Eichorst had his bellcow coach call him out. If you dont think for one minute that things being said weren't being heard up as well as down then you are incredibly naive. Pelini was not growing. The program was not trending up or down. Things seemed like they were going pretty well with the Riley hire and then Michigan hired Harbaugh and those on the fence suddenly saw greener grass. Harbaugh was going to leave the NFL for one, ONE college job and that was Michigan. Oakland, Chicago, and the Jets all made overtures but too little too late, because he had the Michigan offer. He wasnt gonna come to dear ol' Nebraska U. Please and Thankyou. His dad coached at Mich, he was a ballboy for mich growing up, he played for them. Period. our Harbaugh maybe Frost in 10-12 years. Who will grow as a coach when he is no longer coordinating a Heisman QB. He will grow as a coach when he becomes a head coach and learns to CEO a program. He will grow as a coach when it is all on him, and I will enjoy seeing him progress, i just would not enjoy seeing that process here right now. Now if in 10 years we are looking for a coach and Frost has proven himself and we don't go after him.... I'lll bring the tar and a couple of bags of feathers and look out AD. til then....... Who else was out there? Really? Muschamp? Orgeron? Patterson is on the verge of reaping what he has sown, he's available? Mullen? Riley i am sure has been made incredibly aware of the situation of the program and the bunker mentality. What would you do? Hire a bunch of people you dont really know because thery're a splash? Or do you hire people who's character, work ethic, and ability to build relationships with players and develop them, that you have worked with and trust, and with that are going to define your tenure and give you the best chance at what has eluded you you're entire collegiate career? I'm 100 percent sold on Riley and who he chooses to help build a program with the players on campus. In 4-5 years if it doesnt work out, i'll be the first to admit it. The negativity on these boards is exactly the ridiculous crap that a former coach used to foster a toxic environment. Pelini was our "savior" after Callahan. I dont want a savior or a splash. I just want a coach that is inclusive and can appreciate the environment he is in and use his experience to further "our" program. Happy New Year everybody! Go Big Red!

• Fire 1

Obviously unsure how Riley will work out, but a calm demeanor on the sidelines has to help.

It helped Oregon State to below .500 records 3 of the past 5 seasons. I get that one of Riley's main qualifications is being a nice guy. Not sure I've heard that qualification about either Meyer or Harbaugh.....

Quick message to all of you people:

BE A FAN OF THE UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA AND NOT GOD DAMN BO PELINI. HE DOESN'T f'ing COACH HERE ANYMORE, SO HE DOESN'T MATTER TO OUR UNIVERSITY ANYMORE.

Oh, and before you point out that you didn't bring up Pellllini it is fairly obvious where you are going with EVERY DAMN COMMENT you make on this board. Just go away, and take all your cronies with you.

Why the hell can't you just be a fan of the Nebraska Cornhuskers around here anymore?

• Fire 2

Obviously unsure how Riley will work out, but a calm demeanor on the sidelines has to help.

It helped Oregon State to below .500 records 3 of the past 5 seasons. I get that one of Riley's main qualifications is being a nice guy. Not sure I've heard that qualification about either Meyer or Harbaugh.....

BE A FAN OF THE UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA AND NOT GOD DAMN BO PELINI. HE DOESN'T f'ing COACH HERE ANYMORE, SO HE DOESN'T MATTER TO OUR UNIVERSITY ANYMORE.

Oh, and before you point out that you didn't bring up Pellllini it is fairly obvious where you are going with EVERY DAMN COMMENT you make on this board. Just go away, and take all your cronies with you.

Why the hell can't you just be a fan of the Nebraska Cornhuskers around here anymore?

If you are referring to me as a Pelini supporter, you are sadly mistaken. Not a chance in hell are my comments remotely veiled to show an iota of support for Pelini. I wanted him and the whole staff gone. Some before it became the in thing......

If you have an issue with people not falling over Riley, at least for me, it has nothing to do with Bo. I am all for giving him a chance and support the team. I am unsure if he will/can be the guy to take us to that next level. Was hoping for a bigger/more hype name than Riley. Nothing more or less.

Can't you be a fan of Nebraska and critical of the hire. Be for Riley or critical of the hire you can still be a husker fan either way. I was for Pelini getting fired and I've been a bit skeptical of the Riley hire. I still want Nebraska to win every game regardless of who the coach is because I love husker football. Let's just see how spring ball goes and how season one plays out. I have no idea how good this hire will work out but we can all come together and cheer for NU. Why do you guys have to form these highschool clicks saying crap about each other?

• Fire 1

If you are referring to me as a Pelini supporter, you are sadly mistaken. Not a chance in hell are my comments remotely veiled to show an iota of support for Pelini. I wanted him and the whole staff gone. Some before it became the in thing......

If you have an issue with people not falling over Riley, at least for me, it has nothing to do with Bo. I am all for giving him a chance and support the team.

Not referring to you, at all. Should have taken your comment out of the quote

Can't you be a fan of Nebraska and critical of the hire. Be for Riley or critical of the hire you can still be a husker fan either way. I was for Pelini getting fired and I've been a bit skeptical of the Riley hire. I still want Nebraska to win every game regardless of who the coach is because I love husker football. Let's just see how spring ball goes and how season one plays out. I have no idea how good this hire will work out but we can all come together and cheer for NU. Why do you guys have to form these highschool clicks saying crap about each other?

This^

If you have an issue with people not falling over Riley, at least for me, it has nothing to do with Bo. I am all for giving him a chance and support the team.

Not referring to you, at all. Should have taken your comment out of the quote

No worries. I am hoping we can return to competitive football with a defined scheme on both sides and actually have the fans viewed as an important part of and not a problem with the program.

Looking forward to spring and practice to start. How many more days.......

Getting back to the topic... seems like a decent GA to bring over. Now, we are just waiting on WR/RB/DL positions to be filled. Should find out over the next few days. Any rumors out there? More former OSU guys? Or are some of these spots ones he might reach outside the box on?

Getting back to the topic... seems like a decent GA to bring over. Now, we are just waiting on WR/RB/DL positions to be filled. Should find out over the next few days. Any rumors out there? More former OSU guys? Or are some of these spots ones he might reach outside the box on?

Rumor is Cincy Co-Dcord for Dline. This was his first year at Cincy and they really struggled, but before that he had some of the best D lines at UCONN.

This^

I guess you can be but why do you want to?

Why is it fun to just constantly be critical of your favorite program?

• Fire 1

This^

Exactly! Its like "oh i'm a fan, but i'm more than a fan, there's nothing they can do that will truly justify my fandom, my loyalty and "fanism" (making up words) is more important than whatever it is im supposed to be a fan of, but its ok cuz its my birthright...." i dont wanna hear how long you've been a fan, it means nothing. You are either behind the program 100% or you are not. that is the definition of fan, fanaticism. A change was made, PERIOD. We are entering a new time. Period. Support the program. PERIOD. Go Big Red! Give 'em all a chance! PERIOD. Then critique.

This^

The irony...or is the correct word hypocrisy???

• Fire 1

This^

How so?

This^

How so?

Go to any game thread or any thread discussing Pelini during the last 2-3 years. You have been critical, we all have. I'm not going to go to the trouble of quoting posts but they are not hard to find

This^

How so?

Go to any game thread or any thread discussing Pelini during the last 2-3 years. You have been critical, we all have. I'm not going to go to the trouble of quoting posts but they are not hard to find

BRB has always been one of the most level headed posters on this board. Not too critical and not pumping sunshine every chance he gets