****ALL PELINI ERA TEAM**** (QB, RB, WR)

Redux

BEST OF THE PELINI ERA  

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Man I really think Helu > Burkhead but I understand why Burkhead is winning

This is pretty close for me. Had Burkhead not gotten injured, he's very likely the #2 rusher in Husker history. And probably the thing I like most about him was how he almost always turned a two yard loss into a five yard gain when the defender in the backfield got nothing but air.

• Fire 1

Man I really think Helu > Burkhead but I understand why Burkhead is winning

I tend to agree with you, the only knock on Roy was he seemed to get injured a lot. Rex just had two major injuries in 4 years of play, but Roy was subing out multiple times during games with issues.

It boggles the mind that people still don't appreciate what we had in Taylor Martinez. Ganzy is great and if Martinez weren't an option he'd be a no-brainer, but a healthy Taylor was unstoppable. Kid brought it every game, he busted his ass to improve throughout his career until his body gave out on him. What he lacked in innate quarterback polish he more than made up for in sheer athleticism. He was a threat to take it to the house on every single play.

Ameer was another no-brainer. It was a tough call between Rex & Roy. Went with Rex but if I'd have voted five minutes later it may have been Roy. Can't go wrong with either.

I took QE as my possession guy. Weskerkamp for the hands and his knack for getting open. And Pierson-El over Bell because I think his upside is greater. Couldn't go wrong with Bell, though. No matter how much sizzle Pierson-El has, I doubt he'll bring the stick like Kenny did throughout his career.

Ganz

Abdullah

Burkhead

Swift

Enunwa

Pierson-El

We have identical picks.

I chose Ganz over Martinez for the passing game alone. With Rex and A Double, Joe has no reason to feel obligated to tuck and run.

My biggest debates were between El and Westy (Moves vs Glue Hands) and Quincy vs Bell (Domination vs Blocking)

Thank Redux! This is gonna pass the time quickly for the offseason. Really looking forward to some debates here.

QB - Taylor Martinez. It's pretty close between Ganz and Martinez, but I give Martinez an edge, only because he was a playmaker with his legs. When he had protection he was an adequate passer, but when rushed, he was terrible and never trusted his legs after that injury.

RB - Rex Burkhead and Ameer Abdullah. Honorable mention has to be Roy Helu Jr. I give Burkhead and Abdullah the go ahead, because those guys got huge yards after contact. They were good at it. Roy Helu was more shifty and a sprinter. Burkhead was more of a workhouse that wore down a defense and was built for it. Ameer was like a hybrid of those two. Shifty, fast, and tough to bring down and got extra yards.

WR - Nate Swift, Kenny Bell, Jordan Westerkamp. KB and JW were easy picks. Picking a 3rd was difficult, every time I looked over a name and thought of something positive, there was something negative that quickly popped into my head. In the end, Names like Jamal Turner and DPE just couldn't compare to some of the earlier receivers, and I'm not gonna speculate on what their remaining careers are going to be like in order to come to a conclusion. So for that, I picked Nate Swift.