Ohio State Winning A Championship.....

DOES NOT justify the rest of the conference especially when Ohio State is 59 points better than the 3rd best team in the league...who is 42 points better than Nebraska.

I get your overall idea but you can't make that jump with your logic. If OSU is really 59 points better than the third best B1G team then what does that say about the PAC-12 and SEC? OSU beat Alabama and Oregon, both of which did very well in their own conference. Then you can factor in how well the top of the B1G did in the bowl season.

It is hard to win conference games and I am sure that Michigan St and Michigan along with others from the B1G will come to play when they meet up with OSU next year.

DOES NOT justify the rest of the conference especially when Ohio State is 59 points better than the 3rd best team in the league...who is 42 points better than Nebraska.

So sick of the conference alliance garbage. Bama being awesome doesn't equal Vandy being relevant. Just stop people, please, stop being happy for the big10.

All tonight solidified was that Nebraska is a LONG LONG LONG LONG way off from winning a conference title. As long as Urban is at OSU, and Nebraska runs a west coast offense...it's not happening.

Agreed. That question was asked of Cardale Jones last night. He said, "We aren't playing for the B1G, we're playing for each other."

Buckeyes just served notice to the rest of the conference to get their collective s**t together.

• Fire 1

Indiana almost beat Ohio st in Columbus and Penn St forced overtime. Two bad teams. Lets not put Ohio st up on some invinsible pedestal. College Football isuch more competitive and the gap is much closer than that. Hold your knees down and gain some perspective and your angst over the future will calm back to a healthy level. Ohio st isnt gonna win the next 200 games and 17 national championships.

It will be hard for them to repeat a playoff berth but it is a young team.

Id say the fact Ohio State struggled against Big Ten teams yet knocked off Bama and Oregon should at the very least be an indicator all the hate for the Big Ten was unjustified.

B1G was underdog in EVERY BOWL GAME this year. Who does that?!? LOL

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/12/8/7355747/2014-college-football-bowl-game-odds-spreads-vegas

The SEC got into many national titles based on reputation. deservedly.

If the B1G starts getting their rep back then its hard to leave out a 1 loss champ which they almost did this year.

B1G always needed to go undefeated to be considered. Now 13-1 champ sounds good to the committee and off the bat sounds better than a 12-1 ACC or 11-1 Big XII champ. Pressure is on those guys to be perfect.

Exactly. I want to be in a strong conference and hopefully the strongest in the country. I don't have any desire to be in a conference where if we get to the end of the year, it's questionable if our champ will make it into the playoffs because the conference is so weak.

OSU is rock solid. In actuality, they have been rock solid ever since Urban has been there but they had the post season ban.

Nebraska has their work cut out for them but I love it that we have top teams in our conference we will need to beat to win conference titles. If we win one in the next three years, I don't want to hear...."Yeah...but it was in a weak conference"....BS.

Indiana almost beat Ohio st in Columbus and Penn St forced overtime. Two bad teams. Lets not put Ohio st up on some invinsible pedestal. College Football isuch more competitive and the gap is much closer than that. Hold your knees down and gain some perspective and your angst over the future will calm back to a healthy level. Ohio st isnt gonna win the next 200 games and 17 national championships.

It will be hard for them to repeat a playoff berth but it is a young team.

Id say the fact Ohio State struggled against Big Ten teams yet knocked off Bama and Oregon should at the very least be an indicator all the hate for the Big Ten was unjustified.

B1G was underdog in EVERY BOWL GAME this year. Who does that?!? LOL

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/12/8/7355747/2014-college-football-bowl-game-odds-spreads-vegas

If only we could have pulled off that USC win and Iowa wouldnt have shat the bed against the Vols.

The real question is can NE get enough blue chip talent to compete at that level? OSU is the crown jewel of the B1G. Michigan State and now a more attractive Michigan program will fight to keep up. Sure coaching up kids matters, but we saw last night what having elite players at every position, and deep into the bench, can do. Will we become to Ohio State what Oregon State is to Oregon; a scrappy opponent that does a lot with what it has? Or can we return to being a national powerhouse? It starts with recruiting. Sure the Ohio area has a lot of in-state talent, but there were players from all around the nation on both teams last night.

Love how people pull the Wiscy lost 59-0 to OSU so the rest of the conference sucks. WIscy played terrible and they did turn around and beat Auburn who was a solid SEC foe. Mich St could play anyone anywhere. We almost beat them. If you want to pick 1 score and base a conference off it then pick the va tech score. That says the B1G is terrible. But, if you look at the conference as a whole I think OSU, MSU, and Wiscy can compete with anyone. NEB, MICH, IOWA, and soon PSU are pretty close (Mich, PSU, and us) will soon join that top tier. That is a pretty solid conference. For all the people saying how sucky the big ten was all year and how bad we missed the big 12. Look at that conference.. It is a mess. We are better than the ACC and big 12. The SEC is still a good conference top to bottom but the elite arent as elite as they were in past years. The pac 12 will miss Harbaugh at Stanford and Oregon will not like USC coming back to full strength. That league will balance out a little with USC joining the elite again. If you look at the big picture the B1G is sitting pretty good.

• Fire 3

All this did was justify that the Big 10 isnt, and never really was that far behind to begin with. If it was still the BCS, it woulda been Alabama vs Florida St, and another offseason of everyone saying how bad northern football still is. This isnt some freak new thing of a newly elite Ohio St. or better Big Ten. It's a justification that the gap never was, and never will be that wide. And the same goes for the rest of the teams in the conference compared to Ohio St. Yeah, they throttled Wisconsin after a week in which Wisconsins head coach lost all interest in prep and was a foot and a half out the door. And those games happen anyway. They just do. Ohio St is the best in the Big Ten. The Big Ten is not the best in the nation. Yes, those facts can be stated. But lets not stretch it. Ohio St is not that far ahead of everyone else in the conference, and the conference is not that far behind the rest of the nation. Not to mention, it's improving right before our very eyes.

• Fire 3

The real question is can NE get enough blue chip talent to compete at that level? OSU is the crown jewel of the B1G. Michigan State and now a more attractive Michigan program will fight to keep up. Sure coaching up kids matters, but we saw last night what having elite players at every position, and deep into the bench, can do. Will we become to Ohio State what Oregon State is to Oregon; a scrappy opponent that does a lot with what it has? Or can we return to being a national powerhouse? It starts with recruiting. Sure the Ohio area has a lot of in-state talent, but there were players from all around the nation on both teams last night.

I think recruiting is very important and you look at last night as an example of that. But, you can look at TCU embarrassing Ol miss as an example of recruiting the right guy for your system and development as a template for great success. Next years title game OSU vs. TCU 2 different recruiting levels but I would argue that these are the 2 best teams in the country.

Love how people pull the Wiscy lost 59-0 to OSU so the rest of the conference sucks. WIscy played terrible and they did turn around and beat Auburn who was a solid SEC foe. Mich St could play anyone anywhere. We almost beat them. If you want to pick 1 score and base a conference off it then pick the va tech score. That says the B1G is terrible. But, if you look at the conference as a whole I think OSU, MSU, and Wiscy can compete with anyone. NEB, MICH, IOWA, and soon PSU are pretty close (Mich, PSU, and us) will soon join that top tier. That is a pretty solid conference. For all the people saying how sucky the big ten was all year and how bad we missed the big 12. Look at that conference.. It is a mess. We are better than the ACC and big 12. The SEC is still a good conference top to bottom but the elite arent as elite as they were in past years. The pac 12 will miss Harbaugh at Stanford and Oregon will not like USC coming back to full strength. That league will balance out a little with USC joining the elite again. If you look at the big picture the B1G is sitting pretty good.

This guys gets it. Nicely said.

• Fire 1

Unfortunately any of the four.

7 years wasted, supporters driven away, past players driven away. Attitude changes, very little about what Devaney and Osborne built remains. Just the fans honestly. We keep believing, following, screaming and yelling.

The bar has been set, far above what most thought it was.

Coach Riley has a lot of things to repair, the attitude, the desire to play for Nebraska, the split in the fan base.

We saw a united front tonight, in every aspect. A long long long way away.

Our guy needs all of our support, he needs to succeed and start cutting down trees every day, chop chop it will fall.

We seen what it can be like, close to home I guess. Positive thinking over comes a lot.

You basically said everything other people said after solich was fired and after callahan was fired. X coach needs to being this back, X coach ruined this and that. Just get over it man, you think i was bad holding on to stuff.

• Fire 1

I think recruiting is very important and you look at last night as an example of that. But, you can look at TCU embarrassing Ol miss as an example of recruiting the right guy for your system and development as a template for great success. Next years title game OSU vs. TCU 2 different recruiting levels but I would argue that these are the 2 best teams in the country.

Good point. I have to admit I don't know anything about TCU recruiting but I imagine having to compete with so many other big schools in the same state must be really difficult. I suppose it remains to be seen what system NE adopts after Riley is able to bring in his own classes.

IMO quite a few B1G schools are heading the right direction (finally) to be consistently in the Top 25 - Mich, PSU, Minn, and maybe Nebraska if Riley is the right hire. These four teams with good coaching and a couple good recruiting classes have solid potential. Nebraska is not far off and really could have beat a very good USC team. Jury is still out on Indiana but I like their coach - they just cant get talent to come to IU. Now Iowa and Illinois need to get their coaching figured out.